Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

Five seasons, man! That deserves some kind of reward. An especially gruesome death would suit just fine, wouldn't you agree?

Yes, especially as he's been in the background (or even involved) in so many characters being abused or being otherwise endangered. And his scowl shines through in that unusual Kingsguard helmet design.

I love the scene in S4 where Jaime is discussing security for the PW with him and Joffrey is being a little turd as usual and for once Ser Meryn looks kind of bemused...like all the nasty shit he's seen him do but THIS perturbs him!

I did a Google Image search and found a thread on a forum about getting autographs from celebrities. Someone sent him a photo of the character glowering and he sent it back with a comment saying "Ser Meryn was not pleased when he found out the Hound had eaten all the beef" and when he realised another picture the guy had sent had gone astray he signed a second one "At last Ser Meryn sends his regards" :cool4:

As an aside I note on the same site that the address for writing to actors involved in GoT S5 is listed as being "until December 15 2014"

What?

The website lists out addresses of various productions where you can write to actors, and GoT is listed as being at the Titanic Studios until that date. Of course not all the actors (or any) might be there until that very date date but I think I read filming goes on until December this year.

The website lists out addresses of various productions where you can write to actors, and GoT is listed as being at the Titanic Studios until that date. Of course not all the actors (or any) might be there until that very date date but I think I read filming goes on until December this year.

Ok cool, filming ends on December 15th? We should have a Season 5 premiere date shortly after that?

Ian Beattie , if he's gone after season 5, is one of the few 'small' speaking roles to have lasted so long.

I did see him on con-video somewhere , as with all the actors , he seemed a nice guy.

Oh I made a list of this once:

"Characters introduced in Season 1, who have appeared at least once every season, and are still alive at the end of Season 4:"
  • Sansa, Arya, Bran, Jon, Samwell
  • Jaime, Cersei, Tyrion, Bronn
  • Daenerys, Jorah
  • Theon, Hodor
  • Littlefinger, Varys, Pycelle, Meryn Trant
  • Loras
  • Hot Pie
"Characters introduced in Season 1 who are still alive but who at times took a season off:"
  • Barristan, Gendry, Tobho Mott, Janos Slynt, Ilyn Payne
  • Kevan, Lancel
  • Osha
  • Aemon, Alliser Thorne, Bowen Marsh/Othel Yarwyck (same actor)
  • Illyrio Mopatis
  • Robin Arryn, Mord (surprised he wasn't in Season 4 as a cameo)
  • Walder Frey

And now we hear confirmation that Bran and Hodor will not be appearing in Season 5.

The few recastings so far do not alter this list, because Gregor, Tommen, and Myrcella did not appear in Season 3 at all, putting them in the "characters who appeared in Season 1 who are still alive but who at times took a season off" category...though this list is more focused on *actors* than characters, and their appearance was kind of minimal in Season 1.

Still, there are currently only 17 cast members (heh, only 17 ) who debuted in Season 1, and who have appeared at least once in every season. Taking into account that Bran and Hodor won't be in Season 5. What's "on the fence" still for Season 5 is we don't entirely know if Sansa and Littlefinger, Varys, or Hot Pie will be reappearing.

And so far there will have been 23 Series Regulars confirmed for Season 5.

1. Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister

2. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister

3. Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister

4. Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen

5. Kit Harington as Jon Snow

6. Aidan Gillen as Petyr Baelish

7. Natalie Dormer as Margaery Tyrell

8. Liam Cunningham as Davos Seaworth

9. Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon

10. Carice van Houten as Melisandre

11. Alfie Allen as Reek/Theon

12. Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark

13. Maisie Williams as Arya Stark

14. John Bradley as Samwell Tarly

15. Kristofer Hivju as Tormund Giantsbane

16. Hannah Murray as Gilly

17. Gwendoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth

18. Iwan Rheon as Ramsay Bolton

19. Conleth Hill as Varys

20. Jerome Flynn as Bronn

21. Nathalie Emmanuel as Missandei

22. Michiel Huisman as Daario Naharis

23. Iain Glen as Jorah Mormont

This makes me wonder if Joe Dempsie as Gendry will return as well as rumors of Tom Wlaschiha returning and being promoted.

But either way that still leaves a few more spots for other recurring cast members to be promoted to series regulars.

Archived