Small Questions v.10089

Jon Weirgaryen

Makes sense for Robb and Jon, but not for Bran, who is seven years younger... :) .

Mine are 6 years apart. The age difference may help actually since there's less rivalry.

Starks are a close knit family. I could see the wee ones jumping in bed with the older ones and all of them playing and pillow fighting.

Starks are a close knit family. I could see the wee ones jumping in bed with the older ones and all of them playing and pillow fighting.

Just the boys though, not the girls :D . Can't imagine those two living together... Ah, what do I know, I only have one child :) . Thanks for your answers, anyway.

Excluding the current generation of Tyrell's have any Tyrell's ever served on the small council or in the kingsguard?

I can't think of any. That Lord Tyrell who died trying to hold Dorne after Daeron's conquest could have been on the Small Council.

is there someone in Oldtown who can preform a coronation?

Coronations are traditionally done by the High Septon, if I'm not mistaken. The High Septon currently resides in KL. During the Dance, the High Septon still lived in Oldtown, and thus, another Septon, present in KL, performed the coronation.

However, during the Dance, it is mentioned that Daemon coronated Rhaenyra, so it seems that, though it is traditionally done by the High Septon, it isn't a requirement (Tommen, for example, is also King without the High Septon supporting him).

That said, I think everyone can perform a coronation. But the status of that person will make people take the coronation seriously or not.. If a High Septon coronates you, people will think more highly of you than when a peasant coronates you (to name two extreme opposites as an example).

Coronations are traditionally done by the High Septon, if I'm not mistaken. The High Septon currently resides in KL. During the Dance, the High Septon still lived in Oldtown, and thus, another Septon, present in KL, performed the coronation.

However, during the Dance, it is mentioned that Daemon coronated Rhaenyra, so it seems that, though it is traditionally done by the High Septon, it isn't a requirement (Tommen, for example, is also King without the High Septon supporting him).

That said, I think everyone can perform a coronation. But the status of that person will make people take the coronation seriously or not.. If a High Septon coronates you, people will think more highly of you than when a peasant coronates you (to name two extreme opposites as an example).

thank u for ur reply.

with the high septon no longer residing in Oldtown. who is in charge of the church in Oldtown at the present then? or did the whole faction transfer to KL and left Oldtown completely behind?

thank u for ur reply.

with the high septon no longer residing in Oldtown. who is in charge of the church in Oldtown at the present then? or did the whole faction transfer to KL and left Oldtown completely behind?

The Starry Sept was the seat of the High Septon for about 1000 years before the Conquest, until roughly 160 years after the Conquest. The Starry Sept still exists (at least, it has not been mentioned to have been broken down), though it is unknown who resides there. Perhaps just a few septons, septa's and silent sisters...

During the reign of Baelor I, the Sept of Baelor was build, and this Sept became the new "headquarters" for the High Septon. So in essence, yeah, I think that most "Faith of the Seven" ruling-affairs are done in KL, currently. The Starry Sept might have just become the big sept for people from Oldtown to visit, just like they can do in KL with the Sept of Baelor.

Were there ever any threads about Syrio = Faceless Man, is now disguised as Meryn Trant? It's one of my own personal theories but I didn't want to open a can of worms over it if the idea has already been discussed.

Yes, there were, although it was some time ago and I can't find any links.

Syrio=Jaqen theory was quite popular a few years ago, and all it's variations and side-theories were discussed at length. I can't remember any recent thread about it, though.

Yes, there were, although it was some time ago and I can't find any links.

Syrio=Jaqen theory was quite popular a few years ago, and all it's variations and side-theories were discussed at length. I can't remember any recent thread about it, though.

Cool, thanks. I brought this up on another board and we had some good discussions over it there. It seemed at least to be a logical theory (why should Jaquen be the only Faceless in Westeros, be kind of smart for the Iron Bank to use the Faceless to infiltrate the KG and be in a perfect position to take a shot at the Lannisters for not paying their debts, etc) that was much less far-fetched than a lot of the others that are currently in vogue with the fans.

Cool, thanks. I brought this up on another board and we had some good discussions over it there. It seemed at least to be a logical theory (why should Jaquen be the only Faceless in Westeros, be kind of smart for the Iron Bank to use the Faceless to infiltrate the KG and be in a perfect position to take a shot at the Lannisters for not paying their debts, etc) that was much less far-fetched than a lot of the others that are currently in vogue with the fans.

You could always start a new thread.

Archived