Small Questions v.10089

Jon Weirgaryen

She will land wherever Aegon is hard pressed on every side...

"I told you, I know our little queen. Let her hear that her brother Rhaegar's murdered son is still alive, that this brave boy has raised the dragon standard of her forebears in Westeros once more, that he is fighting a desperate war to avenge his father and reclaim the Iron Throne for House Targaryen, hard-pressed on every side and she will fly to your side as fast as wind and water can carry her. You are the last of her line, and this Mother of Dragons, this Breaker of Chains, is above all a rescuer. The girl who drowned the slaver cities in blood rather than leave strangers to their chains can scarcely abandon her own brother's son in his hour of peril. And when she reaches Westeros, and meets you for the first time, you will meet as equals, man and woman, not queen and supplicant. How can she help but love you then, I ask you?"

Tyrion VI, Dance

IIRC, he only said The Wall can hold off an army, but not one man. But yeah, he probably just climbed over.

In fact, Mance was more explicit. From Storm 07 :

"When your father learned the king was coming, he sent word to his brother Benjen on the Wall, so he might come down for the feast. There is more commerce between the black brothers and the free folk than you know, and soon enough word came to my ears as well. It was too choice a chance to resist. Your uncle did not know me by sight, so I had no fear from that quarter, and I did not think your father was like to remember a young crow he'd met briefly years before. I wanted to see this Robert with my own eyes, king to king, and get the measure of your uncle Benjen as well. He was First Ranger by then, and the bane of all my people. So I saddled my fleetest horse, and rode."

"But," Jon objected, "the Wall..."

"The Wall can stop an army, but not a man alone. I took a lute and a bag of silver, scaled the ice near Long Barrow, walked a few leagues south of the New Gift, and bought a horse. All in all I made much better time than Robert, who was traveling with a ponderous great wheelhouse to keep his queen in comfort. A day south of Winterfell I came up on him and fell in with his company. Freeriders and hedge knights are always attaching themselves to royal processions, in hopes of fiding service with the king, and my lute gained me easy acceptance."

Was Beric's first revival before or after Dany's dragons were born? In other words, did Thoros' prayer worked because the Lord of Light or because the dragons brought magic back into the world?

Beric first dies at the Battle of the Mummer's Ford, which is shortly after Ned sent him out to stop Gregor. Daenerys' dragons are not born until the end of AGOT. So I think Beric was resurrected first. Also the comet appears before the dragons are born too. :)

Beric first dies at the Battle of the Mummer's Ford, which is shortly after Ned sent him out to stop Gregor. Daenerys' dragons are not born until the end of AGOT. So I think Beric was resurrected first. Also the comet appears before the dragons are born too. :)

The chapters in the books are not chronological. The "official" timeline is your best for that though

Yes, Thoros revived Beric before the dragons hatched. I think Bloodraven and the power of the Old Gods was behind it, not R'hllor...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/115959-the-power-of-beric-and-catelyn-comes-from-the-old-gods-not-the-lord-of-light-and-jaime-will-be-next/

1. Didn't Ran mention multiple updates of the App at the start of the year? Or.am.I misremembering?

2. Come.ask in the Dornish Debates: What Gender was Lord Yronwood's lover thread :p Despite the title, we've basically.just looked at various Dorne stuff. That wouod be a good place to ask. Along with, um, less serious stuff

1. Didn't Ran mention multiple updates of the App at the start of the year? Or.am.I misremembering?

2. Come.ask in the Dornish Debates: What Gender was Lord Yronwood's lover thread :P Despite the title, we've basically.just looked at various Dorne stuff. That wouod be a good place to ask. Along with, um, less serious stuff

1. That could be, but I can't remember exactly either, and I can't remember where it was stated either? There have been multiple smaller updates, I've heard. Was that talk about big updates?

2. I'll be right there ;)

1. That could be, but I can't remember exactly either, and I can't remember where it was stated either? There have been multiple smaller updates, I've heard. Was that talk about big updates?

2. I'll be right there ;)

I'm not sure. I will go look through my subscribed threads. If it was anywhere it would.be the WoIaF Update thread

Rhaenys:

Yes there will be an update:

World of Ice and Fire book will lead to a further update containing notable characters mentioned therein, is the present plan. We did write up entries for lots of the prime actors in the Targaryen reign, though, so they're just waiting for a time to spring 'em.

Just some hours before, then : the Dothrakis first see the comet just after sunset the night the dragons hatch. On Westeros, the comet is first mentioned in Game 66, Bran VII, when Maester Luwin observes it the morning of the day Winterfell hears of Ned's death.

I've always assumed Thoros's "powers" were linked with the return of magic when the dragons hatched. But it's right that the Battle at the Mummer's Ford is first mentioned in Game 55. So can it stil work ? Luwin's previous appearance before Bran VII is Bran VI, Game 53. Can the first sighting of the comet in Westeros be placed between Game 53 and Game 55 ? That would mean it's placed just after Bran VI, and not just before Bran VII as stated currently in the timeline.

Is the Campaign Guide considered canon? I just learned of it a day or so ago.

Semi-canon. But some of the stuff in there has by now been overruled by more recent semi-canon or 100% canon stuff.

There's also A Game of Thrones RPG, same rules apply. Semi-canon, until it appears in the books. Is there a canon source stating something else, than the canon source wins. Is there a more recent semi-canon source stating something else, the more recent semi-canon source wins

Rhaenys:

Yes there will be an update:

Awesome.. Now I just need to find someone who will be willing to send me quotes from the update, heh :D

Semi-canon. But some of the stuff in there has by now been overruled by more recent semi-canon or 100% canon stuff.

Awesome.. Now I just need to find someone who will be willing to send me quotes from the update, heh :D

We could possibly come to some kind of arrangement on that front ;) It doesn't sound like the App will have a lot of new information not in the World Book though, but I will help where I can (I have now.bought the various packs, rather than.sticking with the free version)

Archived