Small Questions v.10089

Jon Weirgaryen

We could possibly come to some kind of arrangement on that front ;) It doesn't sound like the App will have a lot of new information not in the World Book though, but I will help where I can (I have now.bought the various packs, rather than.sticking with the free version)

Then let us make such an arrangement, when the time is there.. :) ;)

I'm trying to think of "mad" Targaryens. At the minute I can only think of two female Targaryens who have gone "mad" - Rharnyra (though tbh I wouldn't have said she was mad, so I'm not certain on that one, but I've seen.others mention.her) and Helaena (who wasn't mad as in hippy naked Rhaegel mad, just very understandably severely depressed). Are there any other female Targaryens we know of who are supposed to have gone "mad"?

I'm trying to think of "mad" Targaryens. At the minute I can only think of two female Targaryens who have gone "mad" - Rharnyra (though tbh I wouldn't have said she was mad, so I'm not certain on that one, but I've seen.others mention.her) and Helaena (who wasn't mad as in hippy naked Rhaegel mad, just very understandably severely depressed). Are there any other female Targaryens we know of who are supposed to have gone "mad"?

I wouldn't consider either of them mad either. I mean maybe one or both of them was driven mad, but that had nothing to do with them being Targaryen. I can't think of any other mad Targaryen women. There was that simple minded daughter of Daeron the Drunk. We don't know much about the historical Targaryen women outside of the Dance era.

Egg mentions his uncle Rhaegel, dancing around the Red Keep. What little we know of him, he seems mad.

He was either abandoning his vows or taking up a tactically better position to defend the wall from attack from the South by meeting Ramsey in open country instead of with their backs against the wall.

But he is dead now so we'll never know

Indeed. He's dead because he was abandoning his post to get involved in outside conflict. But they probably should have had a trial first. Did the deserter that Ned beheaded have a trial?

Indeed. He's dead because he was abandoning his post to get involved in outside conflict. But they probably should have had a trial first. Did the deserter that Ned beheaded have a trial?

It would appear he did...

There were questions asked and answers given there in the chill of morning, but afterward Bran could not recall much of what had been said. Finally his lord father gave a command, and two of his guardsmen dragged the ragged man to the ironwood stump in the center of the square. They forced his head down onto the hard black wood. Lord Eddard Stark dismounted and his ward Theon Greyjoy brought forth the sword. "Ice," that sword was called. It was as wide across as a man's hand, and taller even than Robb. The blade was Valyrian steel, spell-forged and dark as smoke. Nothing held an edge like Valyrian steel.

His father peeled off his gloves and handed them to Jory Cassel, the captain of his household guard. He took hold of Ice with both hands and said, "In the name of Robert of the House Baratheon, the First of his Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, by the word of Eddard of the House Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, I do sentence you to die." He lifted the greatsword high above his head.

Bran I, Game

oh oh ! I've got one (raises hand)

I've just watched a scene from the show on youtube, it's Tyrion speaking to Lancel about Cersei's plans to store wildfire and launch it at Stannis' ships ....

I don't remember that scene from the show, but more importantly, I thought it was Tyrion that hatched the plot to store the wildfire, and to build the giant chain...

did they change it in the show, or am I mis-remembering the books !?

I've just watched a scene from the show on youtube, it's Tyrion speaking to Lancel about Cersei's plans to store wildfire and launch it at Stannis' ships ....

I don't remember that scene from the show, but more importantly, I thought it was Tyrion that hatched the plot to store the wildfire, and to build the giant chain...

Cersei was storing the wildfire, Tyrion was worried the Gold Cloaks would burn down the city by handling it improperly. So Tyrion took control and came up with the chain idea.

Should I re-read ASOIAF, or read The Hedge Knight for the first time?

imho, there is no reason to pay extra for the full text versions of hedge knight and sworn sword, the graphic novels get across virtually all the info because so much of the text is descriptions anyway.

The graphic novels are great, but the words of GRRM are unparalleled. (There are pdfs of these online, I hear... ;) )

:)

Arys had also stockpiled enough wildfire to burn down King's Landing... :)

So the graphic novels don't have the full text? I'm not sure how I feel about that...

No, the graphic novels contain all spoken text, but most of the descriptions are no longer in words, but, as the type of novel suggests, in graphics..

They are very beautiful, but I'm also glad to have read them in text a few times, I must say :)

To be perfectly honest, I'd choose the novella's (text only) over the graphic novels, if I had to make a choice.

Archived