Small Questions v.10089

Jon Weirgaryen

How do we know that? I was positive it was after Gared's execution.

I can't check the book right now, but IIRC, Bran describes Ned as younger looking, and in addition, Ned is talking to the tree "let them grow up like brothers" (or something like this). That points to Robb and Jon, I'd say, which would make this one of Meds first visits to the Godswood since the war.

Rhaenys are we sure that Robb is older than Jon or that Jon is a little older than Robb?

We don't know.. most believe Robb is older, by I am still in doubt (if only sue to the effects it will have on he timeline). All I can proof is that they were born rather close to one another. But I can't provide proof for who was born first.

I have a thread about that.. I think you were participating in that thread :P

If the world book tells us when the Sack took place (so which month), and when Robbs birth, we might be able to say more about it..

If every Targ at the time died at Summerhall, who would be king?

It would depend on who all died. Was Steffon at Summerhal? The app seems to suggest, IIRC, that even pregnant Rhaella was there, meaning that she gave birth there.

If he wasn't here, then Steffon would have a chance, though you can bet that the Blackfyres would not have let that chance slide by either. Which means that it would have been a Great Council, most likely.. with an unknown result.

We don't know.. most believe Robb is older, by I am still in doubt (if only sue to the effects it will have on he timeline). All I can proof is that they were born rather close to one another. But I can't provide proof for who was born first.

I have a thread about that.. I think you were participating in that thread :P

If the world book tells us when the Sack took place (so which month), and when Robbs birth, we might be able to say more about it..

We know that Jon was born around the Sack but we dont know when Robb was born,do we?I was participating in that thread and after much thought i think Jon is older than Robb for some days,weeks or even a month but wouldn't Catelyn notice that Jon was older?So many questions so little answers.

It would depend on who all died. Was Steffon at Summerhal? The app seems to suggest, IIRC, that even pregnant Rhaella was there, meaning that she gave birth there.

If he wasn't here, then Steffon would have a chance, though you can bet that the Blackfyres would not have let that chance slide by either. Which means that it would have been a small council, most likely.. with an unknown result.

Or a Great Council even, or war... Or both.

If he wasn't here, then Steffon would have a chance, though you can bet that the Blackfyres would not have let that chance slide by either. Which means that it would have been a small council, most likely.. with an unknown result.

I thought that the Blackfyre male line was extinguised before The Tragedy of Summerhall or Maelys was still alive back then?Anyway Steffon would be the most likely candicate to sit on the IT.

We know that Jon was born around the Sack but we dont know when Robb was born,do we?I was participating in that thread and after much thought i think Jon is older than Robb for some days,weeks or even a month but wouldn't Catelyn notice that Jon was older?So many questions so little answers.

Jon was born in the time window of one week before the Sack, until three weeks after.

Some of Catelyns thoughts, in my opinion, suggest that Robb is older, others that Jon might be older.. her thoughts cannot be used to create a clear picture.

We have not yet been told whether Robb was born before or after the Sack, and how many weeks before or after, no.

Thanks for clearing it up :D .Was Maelys a grandson of Daemon?Or a great-grandson?

We don't know yet exactly how Maelys was related.. Daemon I had 7 sons, and 4 of those 7 had a chance to further the line (they lived long enough for it, presumably). We also don't know how old Maelys was when he died.

So it can't currently be said.

The War of the Ninepenny Kings was happening in 260AC. It is not exactly stated when the war ended (and thus Maelys died, which is why above I still included 261AC as an option), but judging by Barristans year of birth, and the (most likely) timing of his nameday, I'd say that the war ended in 260AC as well (Barristan wouldn't be 23 years old when joining the KG otherwise, after all, and Maelys died before Barristan joined).

Jon was born in the time window of one week before the Sack, until three weeks after.

Some of Catelyns thoughts, in my opinion, suggest that Robb is older, others that Jon might be older.. her thoughts cannot be used to create a clear picture.

We have not yet been told whether Robb was born before or after the Sack, and how many weeks before or after, no.

Where do we get this info on Jons birth, I always thought he was born just before Ned got to the TOJ which was after he went to Storms End which was after KL.

Where do we get this info on Jons birth, I always thought he was born just before Ned got to the TOJ which was after he went to Storms End which was after KL.

Dany states in the books that she was born 9 months after Rhaella fled KL. Rhaella fled shortly after the Trident (due to news of Rhaegars death). Rossart, who died during the Sack, was Hand for a fortnight. The night Chelsted, the Hand before Rossart, died, Aerys rapes Rhaella, and thus conceived Daenerys. Jon Darry, who left with Rhaegar to the Trident, was still present that night, which shows that between Chelsteds death and the Sack about a fortnight passed.

So Rhaella fled about a week before the Sack. Dany was born 9 months after the flight. And per SSM, Jon was born 8 to 9 months before Dany, thus in the timeframe of a week before the Sack until three weeks after.

How old Jon was when Ned arrived is unknown. It could be that he had just been born, or that he had been a few days old already ;)

Dany states in the books that she was born 9 months after Rhaella fled KL. Rhaella fled shortly after the Trident (due to news of Rhaegars death). Rossart, who died during the Sack, was Hand for a fortnight. The night Chelsted, the Hand before Rossart, died, Aerys rapes Rhaella, and thus conceived Daenerys. Jon Darry, who left with Rhaegar to the Trident, was still present that night, which shows that between Chelsteds death and the Sack about a fortnight passed.

So Rhaella fled about a week before the Sack. Dany was born 9 months after the flight. And per SSM, Jon was born 8 to 9 months before Dany, thus in the timeframe of a week before the Sack until three weeks after.

How old Jon was when Ned arrived is unknown. It could be that he had just been born, or that he had been a few days old already ;)

I guess 3 weeks is enough time, all R+L=J aside I don't see why she would still have been in a bed of blood if the baby wasn't newborn.

Archived