Small Questions v.10089

Jon Weirgaryen

If Jaime is a member of the Kings guard in 'A Game of Thrones' how can he be named warder of the east. Also Robert threatens Ned that he will name Jaime Hand of the King, how is this possible for a member of the kings guard.

They can hold some tittles. Criston Cole was Lord Commander of the Kingsguard and Hand to Aegon II. Arthur Dayne was allowed to remain "Sword of the Morning."

I guess 3 weeks is enough time, all R+L=J aside I don't see why she would still have been in a bed of blood if the baby wasn't newborn.

Now you know why the Tower of Joy Bed & Breakfast only gets 2 stars in TripAdvisor Westeros, terrible housekeeping.

Instead of giving her a proper burial after finding her three-days-old corpse in the river, why did Harwin beg Thoros to give Catelyn the kiss of life? Was he really that distraught? And was Beric just desperate to shed his mortal coil for the last time?

Yeah, good question. The whole thing seem rather creepy! :ack:

Why is is written in AGOT's appendix that Jaime is heir to Casterly Rock?

It is probably no small question to ask who Tywin named heir to Casterly Rock.

But the blockhead he was he would have named Jamie, at least at the time of AGoT.

"The Lannisters" created the legalese to dismiss knights from KG duty, and that probably was one of the options.

Besides that, it is rather complicated.

Are Manfred Lothston and Manfryd Lothston the same character?

We know we learn two separate things about both; Manfred betrayed Daemon I Blackfyre and Manfryd was called "o' the Black Hood" and had a bad reputation.

Could it possibly be a spelling mistake?

Could be, but we can't say yet..

House Strong seems to have only one member left standing when TPATQ ends, and with Larys smuggling Aegon II, the blacks aren't likely to let him survive the war, suggesting that it is highly likely that House Lothston gained control of Harrenhal after the Dance.

We have Lucas and his son Manfryd, and we have Manfred, and Danelle. Danelle will have been the last, or the second-last, ruler of Harrenhal for House Lothston. Manfred could have ruled before, and Manfryd before him (making Manfred possibly Manfryd's son, or otherwise a nephew, if Manfryd died without children).

Then you'd get

• Lucas

Manfryd

Manfred

Danelle

?

There could even be another generation in between Manfryd and Manfred, since from the Dance until the Blackfyre Rebellion (Manfred) we have 65 years.

Though the wiki (can't track down the source) says there were only 3 or 4 ruling generations..

Another possibility is that Manfred was a son of Danelle, and that he might be featured in a future Dunk and Egg?

Could be, but we can't say yet..

House Strong seems to have only one member left standing when TPATQ ends, and with Larys smuggling Aegon II, the blacks aren't likely to let him survive the war, suggesting that it is highly likely that House Lothston gained control of Harrenhal after the Dance.

We have Lucas and his son Manfryd, and we have Manfred, and Danelle. Danelle will have been the last, or the second-last, ruler of Harrenhal for House Lothston. Manfred could have ruled before, and Manfryd before him (making Manfred possibly Manfryd's son, or otherwise a nephew, if Manfryd died without children).

Then you'd get

• Lucas
  • Manfryd
  • Manfred
  • Danelle
  • ?

There could even be another generation in between Manfryd and Manfred, since from the Dance until the Blackfyre Rebellion (Manfred) we have 65 years.

Though the wiki (can't track down the source) says there were only 3 or 4 ruling generations..

Another possibility is that Manfred was a son of Danelle, and that he might be featured in a future Dunk and Egg?

I believe the Last Lothston is referenced as male in Clash & Feast. So it could be Manfryd.

Any ideas where House Towers fits now in the timeline of Harrenhal owners?

I believe the Last Lothston is referenced as male in Clash & Feast. So it could be Manfryd.

Any ideas where House Towers fits now in the timeline of Harrenhal owners?

Perhaps the order has been shuffled around. We start with Qohorys, IIRC, (Aegon I) and next we learn of Harroway (Maegor I), and then Strong (Viserys I). I guess it is possible that between Harroway and Strong, the Towers now stand... Or otherwise perhaps between the Strongs and the Lothstons.

Archived