Small Questions v.10089

Jon Weirgaryen

Storm of Swords us edition soft cover.

Page 790 Barristan to Jorah and Dany

"It may be that I must die a traitor's death," Ser Barristan said. "If so I should not die alone. Before I took Robert's pardon I fought against him on the Trident. You were on the other side of that battle, Mormont, were you not?" he did not wait for an answer.

Storm of Swords us edition soft cover.

Page 790 Barristan to Jorah and Dany

"It may be that I must die a traitor's death," Ser Barristan said. "If so I should not die alone. Before I took Robert's pardon I fought against him on the Trident. You were on the other side of that battle, Mormont, were you not?" he did not wait for an answer.

But that's about Jorah, not Jeor.

I don't think Jeor ever mentions fighting in Roberts Rebellion. I do think it's somewhere suggested that he took the black between the two rebellions, and that's why it's assumed he lead house Mormont's men during the first one. I'd have to look. For some reason I have terrible luck finding Jeor quotes.

You mean his history? or the possible continuation of his life past his disappearance in the first book?

Not his history but is he alive in the other books? Don't really care about spoilers, id just like to know. I really favor the Starks over any of the other bloodlines/houses/characters.. Aside from Tywin, Tywin is a complete boss.

Not his history but is he alive in the other books? Don't really care about spoilers, id just like to know. I really favor the Starks over any of the other bloodlines/houses/characters.. Aside from Tywin, Tywin is a complete boss.

No, we know nothing about his fate, that I'm aware of.

A lot of people pre-aDwD thought he might be Coldhands, but that book made it a lot more difficult to believe that.

No, we know nothing about his fate, that I'm aware of.

A lot of people pre-aDwD thought he might be Coldhands, but that book made it a lot more difficult to believe that.

Thank you Julia! Yeah, I was just wondering because I'm reading the first book and Jon really seems.. Well, he believes he's alive every time they mention him and I was just wondering..

So in all the books, they haven't mentioned him again or anything? No whereabouts?

Thank you Julia! Yeah, I was just wondering because I'm reading the first book and Jon really seems.. Well, he believes he's alive every time they mention him and I was just wondering..

So in all the books, they haven't mentioned him again or anything? No whereabouts?

Benjen went missing in the first book: he went on a ranging (to find two others who had not returned from a ranging), and did not return himself. He took a couple of men with him, and two of those turned up in front of the Wall as whights.

The Great Ranging (Clash of Kings) was of course not with the main goal of finding Benjen, but nonetheless, they were still looking for him.

Somewhere it is even mentioned that signs of Benjens route could be found, up until a certain point.

No one knows where Benjen is, only that he did not reach Crasters (while it was expected that he should pass Crasters). That can mean multiple things.. Perhaps he was already missing at that point, perhaps he had found something that caused him to skip a visit to Craster, and search on.

What's Willow's true identity?

There are two people named Willow. :)

The Willow that Brienne meets in Feast is a niece of Masha Heddle, the woman who owned the inn where Catelyn abducted Tyrion (and who was later hanged by Tywin). Willow's full name is Willow Heddle.

The Willow from Dance is a spearwife.

I don't think Jeor ever mentions fighting in Roberts Rebellion. I do think it's somewhere suggested that he took the black between the two rebellions, and that's why it's assumed he lead house Mormont's men during the first one. I'd have to look. For some reason I have terrible luck finding Jeor quotes.

I haven't been able to find anything as well. I was convinced that I had read it somewhere, whether it was something that had been in a Jon chapter, or something that Jorah said.. I is onseveral wiki-pages, which is why it caught my attention.. It was (is) unsourced :)

Is there perhaps something where Jeor says that Donal Noye has been on the Wall longer than him? Donal arrived at the Wall after the Rebellion, you see..

I haven't been able to find anything as well. I was convinced that I had read it somewhere, whether it was something that had been in a Jon chapter, or something that Jorah said.. I is onseveral wiki-pages, which is why it caught my attention.. It was (is) unsourced :)

Is there perhaps something where Jeor says that Donal Noye has been on the Wall longer than him? Donal arrived at the Wall after the Rebellion, you see..

I had my share of fishwives and crofter’s daughters, before and after I was wed. I married young, to a bride of my father’s choosing, a Glover of Deepwood Motte. Ten years we were wed, or near enough as makes no matter. She was a plain-faced woman, but not unkind. I suppose I came to love her after a fashion, though our relations were dutiful rather than passionate. Three times she miscarried while trying to give me an heir. The last time she never recovered. She died not long after.”

Dany put her hand on his and gave his fingers a squeeze. “I am sorry for you, truly.”

Ser Jorah nodded. “By then my father had taken the black, so I was Lord of Bear Island in my own right. I had no lack of marriage offers, but before I could reach a decision Lord Balon Greyjoy rose in rebellion against the Usurper, and Ned Stark called his banners to help his friend Robert.

So Jeor joined the watch during the ten years Jorah was married to his first wife. Do you know when that was by any chance?

You know, I have the feeling we have done this Jeor thing before. IIRC it was a long time after when nobody was particularly interested anynore that I finally found something. Don't remember now though, typical.

If its any help though, it is either a Game of Thrones, a Clash of Kings or A Storm of Swords (Part 1, since my volume is split in 2. The last chapter in part one was Astapor I think)

ETA: It could be something to do with Lynesse now I think. Is there possibly something about Jorah having plenty of offers for a wife because he was a Lord in his own right somewhere? I have a feeling Jorah and his being widowed was involved somehow

So Jeor joined the watch during the ten years Jorah was married to his first wife. Do you know when that was by any chance?

Jorah was married young, according to himself. I take that to mean he got married between the ages of 13 and 16, roughly.

Jorah was born, roughly, in 254AC (being trice as old as Dany when she was 15), so Jorah would have been married between 269AC and 272AC, roughly. He was married for 10 years, so around the time of Harrenhal, perhaps before, his wife died.

Though, we also don't know if they were exactly 10 years. Perhaps they were 11 years? And did he start looking immediately for another wife? Did he indeed marry around the time I said, or perhaps a few years later? When he says that he was three times as old as Dany, does he mean that he's exactly three times as old, or a few years younger than that, or a few years later?

All I can say that his wife most likely died sometime around the Rebellion.. Though would he really have taken 6 years to choose a new wife?

Is there any indication of communication between Queen Rhaella (on Dragonstone) and rebellion leaders in King's Landing (after the fall of K/L) ?

They learned about the fall of KL, obviously, as Viserys was crowned at Dragonstone (and they wouldn't have done that if they thought Aerys was still alive).

But any further indications are not stated in text. There will have been some communication, but it would have gotten less and less frequent as the time went by, most likely.

You know, I have the feeling we have done this Jeor thing before. IIRC it was a long time after when nobody was particularly interested anynore that I finally found something. Don't remember now though, typical.

If its any help though, it is either a Game of Thrones, a Clash of Kings or A Storm of Swords (Part 1, since my volume is split in 2. The last chapter in part one was Astapor I think)

ETA: It could be something to do with Lynesse now I think. Is there possibly something about Jorah having plenty of offers for a wife because he was a Lord in his own right somewhere? I have a feeling Jorah and his being widowed was involved somehow

Hahaha, google it, as I did yesterday, and you'll see the same people talking about the same question.. We couldn't figure out the answer before either :p

Jorah was widowed, Lord of Bear Island, and had multiple offers for a new wife, but Balon rebelled before he could choose..

You'd think that Jorah would take less than 6 or 8 years to choose a new wife :p But it is unknown I think whether Jeor left while Jorah's first wife was still alive, or after she had died..

My mistake Rhaenyra, I misread your question, probably because I remembered the Jorah quote.

;)

It's not Rhaenyra though :p

Jorah was widowed, Lord of Bear Island, and had multiple offers for a new wife, but Balon rebelled before he could choose..

You'd think that Jorah would take less than 6 or 8 years to choose a new wife :P But it is unknown I think whether Jeor left while Jorah's first wife was still alive, or after she had died..

Well at least we narrow it down to before Balon's Rebellion I suppose

Archived