Small Questions v.10089

Jon Weirgaryen

Do we know anything about Aerys's and Rhaella's childhood?For example were they close,were they fond of each other etc etc.

Not exactly childhood, but we know something about their youth-hood thanks to Barristan chapter in ADWD. Rhaella was in love with young knight (very likely Bonnifer Hasty), while Aerys was smitten with Joanna Lannister (and was heard to say it's a great shame right of the first night had been abolished). However, due to Wood's Witch prophecy that PTWP would be born out of it, King Jahaerys II forced the two into marriage. As Barry reports, there was no fondness between them on that day.

Other that that, Aerys showed some promise in the early days of his reign, but captivity at Duskendale is said to have started his demise into lunacy.

So in all the books, they haven't mentioned him again or anything? No whereabouts?

IIRC GRRM has said that we will find out Benjen's story, but I am really bad at finding quotes in the Citadel.

Is the Willow that Brienne met at the inn nobility?

No, she is the niece of Masha Heddle (the innkeeper that Cat remember from when she took Tyrion).

Hi guys! I don't have my books with me right now and I'd like to remember how Sansa react to Joffreys death. I'm pretty sure she felt sorry for him. Is there anyone that can provide me the lines? Thx

I think she just wanted to get the f@$! outta Dodge.

Hi guys! I don't have my books with me right now and I'd like to remember how Sansa react to Joffreys death. I'm pretty sure she felt sorry for him. Is there anyone that can provide me the lines? Thx

Not really sorry, no. From Storm 61 :

Joffrey was dead, he was dead, he was dead, dead, dead. Why was she crying, when she wanted to dance? Were they tears of joy?

(...)

"The gods are cruel to take him so young and handsome, at his own wedding feast," Lady Tanda had said to her. The gods are just, though Sansa. Robb had died at a wedding feast as well. It was Robb she wept for.

I'm re-reading AGOT.

When Catelyn meets Baelish and Varys in KL, the eunuch says he's joyful to see her after so many years. But when and where have they known each other? Maybe at Robert's wedding?

Possibly Robert's wedding..

Catelyn also mentions having seen Lysa several years ago.. That would most likely have been at KL.

In addition, Ned mentions that the last time he had seen Cersei was when Tommen was still nursing.. Robert wasn't there, so it can't be said how that should be interpreted. Was Ned in KL while Robert wasn't there? Or did he see Cersei somewhere else?

That Catelyn had last seen Lysa some 5 years ago (IIRC), could suggest that Catelyn had been to KL 5 years ago (and it might have been that same event where Ned had seen Cersei with a still nursing Tommen), as Lysa had been living there.

Were blue roses Lyanna's favourite before HH too or only after?

A good question ;) we don't know, but many people often seem to forget that fact.

A lot of people take it as fact that Lyanna had always loved blue winter rosea, while that isn't state anywhere, leading to theories as "rhaegar rigged the tourney at Harrenhal, otherwise there wouldn't have been that specific crown".

Very few people consider the possibility that the blue winter roses might have been Lyannas favorite because of Harrenhal..

Thanks Rhaenys,that's exactly my reasoning.if they were indeed,R chose them just for her (loved her already then) or she got them from him,fell in love and it became the symbol of their love. It also could change the meaning of her statue wearing them.

Thanks Rhaenys,that's exactly my reasoning.if they were indeed,R chose them just for her (loved her already then) or she got them from him,fell in love and it became the symbol of their love. It also could change the meaning of her statue wearing them.

Indeed. I personally believe that Lyanna came to love blue winter roses after Harrenhal, when she had gotten them in a crown from Rhaegar. Especially since the blue rose seems to symbolize Jon, and if that is indeed the case, why would Lyanna have been associated with blue roses prior to meeting Rhaegar? Jon is the result of Lyanna + Rhaegar, after all.

1.Why can't Jojen breathe mud?

2.Had Ned met Cersei before?

3.Do you believe that Dunk should have thrown Walder on a well?

4.Do the timelines for R+L fit perfectly?

5.Silver Denys claimed to be the bastard son of Maegor The Cruel,the timelines obviously don't add up,is it possible however that he had Targaryen ancestry or another Targaryen father?

Archived