Small Questions v.10089

Jon Weirgaryen

ah, ok. thanks. Because I saw it few times, but no idea.

(besides, he was the youngest Stark... even if he didn't hear the plea, he could have waken up some day road to the North with a note saying "there are too many of us: good luck" =P)

Probably, yeah, the chances were always high for him. But it is the fact that he joined while his family's line was not yet secure (1 adult, 2 infants), after do many unexpected losses, that is remarkable.

But can't legitimateized bastards hold lands and titles?

IF they were legitimatized by royal decree, they would go in to succession. It would depend on what was decreed as to where in-line, but most likely they would go behind any legit born children.

Stone was known by Ned and Jon, but never formally recognized by Robert.

Formally recognized bastards really isn't much, other then providing them w/ home and education(which could be done for one not formally recognized), and perhaps a small/lesser title and/or land.

Storm was the only recognized bastard of Robert. As Robert got caught in bed w/ Selyse's cousin Delena in her and Stannis wedding bed. With the custom of stripping off the close of the bride and groom, and stuffing them in too bed, quite a few people knew about it.

IMO Robert was somewhat based on Henry VIII, and Storm off of 8's son Henry Fitzroy.

Also this is totally unrelated to the topic but is it anywhere stated what colour Jojen's eyes were before they turned into green?

I want to ask a similar question: Is it stated anywhere in the books that his eyes changed their color at all? I did read the chapters many times and I never found anything about it. Did I just overlook it or is it a show thing?

I want to ask a similar question: Is it stated anywhere in the books that his eyes changed their color at all? I did read the chapters many times and I never found anything about it. Did I just overlook it or is it a show thing?

IIRC, there is never a change of eye colour described.

So Jojens eyes would have been the same colour before as well..

According to the story, he got grey water fever when he was a little boy, and when he recovered, his eyes had turned green. This is interesting, for two reasons. One, when Theon meets with the Ironborn in A Dance With Dragons at Moat Cailin, they warn him not to drink the water because it makes you ill. Meera, we are told, can breathe mud like her father. Presumably, Jojen tried this as well, and got sick instead. You would think that after millennia of living in the Neck, all crannogmen would be immune to grey water fever. Meera, we are told has green eyes, but Jojen’s turned green. Presumably then, Jojen had the same color eyes as his mother.Anyway i can be wrong too but i really think Jojen's eyes were a diffrent colour before the grey water fever.

According to the story, he got grey water fever when he was a little boy, and when he recovered, his eyes had turned green. This is interesting, for two reasons. One, when Theon meets with the Ironborn in A Dance With Dragons at Moat Cailin, they warn him not to drink the water because it makes you ill. Meera, we are told, can breathe mud like her father. Presumably, Jojen tried this as well, and got sick instead. You would think that after millennia of living in the Neck, all crannogmen would be immune to grey water fever. Meera, we are told has green eyes, but Jojen’s turned green. Presumably then, Jojen had the same color eyes as his mother.Anyway i can be wrong too but i really think Jojen's eyes were a diffrent colour before the grey water fever.

Can you give me a quote? The only thing I can find about it is in Bran 4 - ACoK:

"When I was little I almost died of greywater fever, That was when the crow came to me."

This is the only mention I can find about this in the books. I do not think there is another point where Jojen talks about his illness. But I could have overlooked something.

Thank you, that is my impression as well. I just read it a couple of times on the forums and never found a mention of it so I just asked here.

LF and Lysa slept together twice. The first time was when LF had gotten drunk after Catelyn had turned him down, the second time was after the duel.

Because he was so very drunk, he thought he had slept with Catelyn, while in fact, he had slept with Lysa.

So no, LF did not deflower Cat, although he sincerely believes he did.

Just for the record on this, when LF and Lysa get married they have sex, and before the ceremony Lysa says repeatedly that she is tired of being quite and was going to let everyone hear. This implies they were banging right under Jon Arns nose.

Just for the record on this, when LF and Lysa get married they have sex, and before the ceremony Lysa says repeatedly that she is tired of being quite and was going to let everyone hear. This implies they were banging right under Jon Arns nose.

Think the sentence "prior to the Rebellion/prior to LF being send away from Riverrun after his duel with Brandon" before my explanation.

It indeed seems that they had a relationship while both of them were living in KL, and they of course had sex when they were married. But neither instance has got anything to do with Cat.

I've clarified my earlier post ;)

ah, ok. thanks. Because I saw it few times, but no idea.

(besides, he was the youngest Stark... even if he didn't hear the plea, he could have waken up some day road to the North with a note saying "there are too many of us: good luck" =P)

Actually Meera tells Bran that a Black Brother plead the Watch's need. Presumably Benjen who was there heard it.

Probably, yeah, the chances were always high for him. But it is the fact that he joined while his family's line was not yet secure (1 adult, 2 infants), after do many unexpected losses, that is remarkable.

I agree with this but I'm not so sure he was sorry he joined. If he suspected Jon's identity that would explain Benjen's tone.

I agree with this but I'm not so sure he was sorry he joined. If he suspected Jon's identity that would explain Benjen's tone.

Well, I got that feeling because Benjen tells Jon to join when he's older, while Benjen himself had been the same age or younger when joining the NW.

I think Benjens feelings will be conflicted about his own joining.

I like to rely on canon when canon is available.

What makes you think app isn't canon? ;)

Everything in there is either from the books, or from GRRM only.

Archived