Small Questions v.10089

Jon Weirgaryen

I really wanted to ask this but do we know if Duncan had any kids with Jenny?If he had,would they be next in line for the IT because if i remember correctly Duncan was disenhirited,wouldn't this apply for his children too?

Duncan was no longer in line for the throne, so any children he might have had, would also not be in line to inherit.

No children of Duncan and Jenny are mentioned, but seeing as Duncan would have died around the age of 40, he and Jenny most likely will have had some children, I'd say.

Well, I got that feeling because Benjen tells Jon to join when he's older, while Benjen himself had been the same age or younger when joining the NW.

I think Benjens feelings will be conflicted about his own joining.

What makes you think app isn't canon? ;)

Everything in there is either from the books, or from GRRM only.

Your's is a fair interpretation re BJ. I was offering an alternative. My understanding is that canon consists of ASOIAF, D&E, TP&TQ & TRP. The App and other stuff is semi canon, no?

Your's is a fair interpretation re BJ. I was offering an alternative. My understanding is that canon consists of ASOIAF, D&E, TP&TQ & TRP. The App and other stuff is semi canon, no?

Ofcourse, nothing is 100% canon until it has appeared in a book. That said, most add-ons in the app are from the update of early this year, and though it is possible they'll change, the chances are not all that big.

The app is basically an extension of the worldbook, the character pages were originally written for the worldbook. It has contained mistakes, but then so have the books.

In clash theon is surprised that silence and euron aren't at Lord's port, but in clash of kings Robb learns that euron has returned to the iron islands after balons death. Since Robb see' s eurons return as news it's a logical step to say he knew he'd been banished. Is there a reason Robb would know and theon wouldn't, or is it just a overlooked detail?

In clash theon is surprised that silence and euron aren't at Lord's port, but in clash of kings Robb learns that euron has returned to the iron islands after balons death. Since Robb see' s eurons return as news it's a logical step to say he knew he'd been banished. Is there a reason Robb would know and theon wouldn't, or is it just a overlooked detail?

Here's the relevant passage...

Theon was more interested in ships than gods. Among the masts of countless fishing boats, he spied a Tyroshi trading galley off-loading beside a lumbering Ibbenese cog with her black-tarred hull. A great number of longships, fifty or sixty at the least, stood out to sea or lay beached on the pebbled shore to the north. Some of the sails bore devices from the other islands; the blood moon of Wynch, Lord Goodbrother's banded black warhorn, Harlaw's silver scythe. Theon searched for his uncle Euron's Silence. Of that lean and terrible red ship he saw no sign, but his father's Great Kraken was there, her bow ornamented with a grey iron ram in the shape of its namesake.

It might be only a caution, now that he thought on it. A defensive move, lest the war spill out across the sea. Old men were cautious by nature. His father was old now, and so too his uncle Victarion, who commanded the Iron Fleet. His uncle Euron was a different song, to be sure, but the Silence did not seem to be in port. It's all for the good, Theon told himself. This way, I shall be able to strike all the more quickly.

Theon I, Clash

My impression is that Theon was glad Euron wasn't there. That doesn't necessarily mean that he expected Euron to be there.

He learns this in Storms of Swords, the chapter when Robb leaves Riverrun to go to the Twins and they plan to take back Moat Cailin.

"Balon Greyjoy?" Catelyn's heart skipped a beat. "You are telling us that Balon Greyjoy is dead?"

[...]

The Greatjon laughed. "King crabs, I hope, to sup upon such royal jelly, eh?"

The captain bobbed his head. "Aye, but that's not all of it, no!" He leaned forward. "The brother's back."

"Victarion?" asked Galbart Glover, surprised.

"Euron. Crow's Eye, they call him, as black a pirate as ever raised a sail. He's been gone for years, but Lord Balon was no sooner cold than there he was, sailing into Lordsport in his Silence. Black sails and a red hull, and crewed by mutes.[...]."

He learns this in Storms of Swords, the chapter when Robb leaves Riverrun to go to the Twins and they plan to take back Moat Cailin.

"Balon Greyjoy?" Catelyn's heart skipped a beat. "You are telling us that Balon Greyjoy is dead?"

[...]

The captain bobbed his head. "Aye, but that's not all of it, no!" He leaned forward. "The brother's back."

"Euron. Crow's Eye, they call him, as black a pirate as ever raised a sail. He's been gone for years, but Lord Balon was no sooner cold than there he was, sailing into Lordsport in his Silence. Black sails and a red hull, and crewed by mutes.[...]."

Yeah, if anything it looks like Theon was better apprised than Robb.

[...]

Yeah I meant storm, my mistake.

This song sung by Tom Sevenstrings in ASOS when Arya encounters the BwB for the first time - does anyone know the name of it, and if there are more lyrics?

"Off to Gulltown the see the fair maid, heigh ho, heigh ho,

I'll steal a sweet kiss with the point of my blade, heigh ho, heigh ho

I'll make her my love and we'll rest in the shade, heigh ho, heigh ho..."

This song sung by Tom Sevenstrings in ASOS when Arya encounters the BwB for the first time - does anyone know the name of it, and if there are more lyrics?

"Off to Gulltown the see the fair maid, heigh ho, heigh ho,

I'll steal a sweet kiss with the point of my blade, heigh ho, heigh ho

I'll make her my love and we'll rest in the shade, heigh ho, heigh ho..."

I'm guessing Petyr knows it...

My question... Does Sansa ever pray to the Old Gods?

i was rereading ADWD and in the chapter where davos speaks with Lord Godric Borrell on Sweetsister, Davos notices something on the serving lady's hand and lord Godric says she has the mark, like all Borrells for the last 5000 years. Do we know what mark it is? is it a birthmark, or a tattoo or something else?

Webbed fingers, IIRC. :)

i was rereading ADWD and in the chapter where davos speaks with Lord Godric Borrell on Sweetsister, Davos notices something on the serving lady's hand and lord Godric says she has the mark, like all Borrells for the last 5000 years. Do we know what mark it is? is it a birthmark, or a tattoo or something else?

Webbed hands.

Archived