Small Questions v.10089

Jon Weirgaryen

There's no proof on the matter but it was speculated by some that 1 of the dragons in the pit in Mereen laid eggs. 1 of the 2 I can't remember which made a cave in the wall.

Again, this is just a theory on the boards but I thought it was relevant to the question above.

Ooooooh!!! I like that idea!

Let's just say dragons somehow someway lay their eggs. How many eggs do you think 3 dragons could lay in their lifetime? Kind of scary to think if you could get 1 egg a day out of 3 dragons for the rest of their life. Also how long is the natural lifespan of a dragon anyways? 20-30 yrs? 40-50 yrs? Dare we say maybe longer than a humans? I have so many questions about dragons where the hell is Tyrion at when ya need him lol.

Let's just say dragons somehow someway lay their eggs. How many eggs do you think 3 dragons could lay in their lifetime? Kind of scary to think if you could get 1 egg a day out of 3 dragons for the rest of their life. Also how long is the natural lifespan of a dragon anyways? 20-30 yrs? 40-50 yrs? Dare we say maybe longer than a humans? I have so many questions about dragons where the hell is Tyrion at when ya need him lol.

Balerion apparently live until he was around 200ish, before dying of old age

Aegon landed with 3 dragons, a hundred some odd years later when the Dance started there were 16 of "fighting size"

Start here...

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dragon

I'm not usually one for embracing far-out theories as fact with these books, but now that the show has gone so off course and caught up to the books, it leaves room for a bit of extra thought.

A few questions/ideas:

- I don't really think that Tywin's children are really Targaryens, any of them, as we already have a few out there secretly running around. However, this might be the most credible of the speculative rumours out there. If it were Cersei (and thus Jaime, unless they are not really twins) who was a Targaryen, does this mean the prophecy stating she will be killed by "the valonqar" actually means death for Cersei via a dragon? Of course we assume it will be Jaime who kills her. But, if she is of dragon blood, and the existing dragons are Daenerys' children, we could use the loose Valyrian term for "little brother/sister" to associate dragons with Cersei "Targaryen". The prophecy says Cersei's killer will wrap hands around her throat and choke the life out of her, but I suppose this could be a metaphor? I feel the dragons will be instrumental in killing at least one main character, i.e. Drogon will kill one of them. And not someone as peripheral as Khal Pono.

On the other hand, if Tyrion is of Targaryen descent, it's easier to imagine one of the dragons accepting him as a suitable dragon-rider. Following the whole Targaryen descent-dragon association, this could mean Daenerys, Tyrion and Jon Snow are the "Targaryen" dragon riders (in spite of Bran's implied involvement).

It's not explained really how dragons come to accept someone who is not their "mother" in this new world, and we've seen them take down a Targaryen descendant already - and he was rather a kind person. So I'm not sure how this selection of riders work, or selection of enemies to burn without a "Dracarys".

- In the TV series, after Sansa has slapped Robin for knocking down her snowcastle Winterfell, she says to Littlefinger "I'll never see it again." He says, "A lot can happen between now and never... if you want to build a better home, first you must demolish the old one." This line has kind of nagged me. I don't remember (but I could be wrong) the lines being verbatim from the books. LF always talks in riddles. It should have been really obvious to me, but surely book-Littlefinger knows that Winterfell is being rebuilt by the very people who destroyed it? He's made obvious his alleged aim to reclaim Winterfell for Sansa's sake in the books. Sansa's "intended" fiancee is off-page. It's easy to assume LF will marry Sansa and take Winterfell this way: wait for one of the Boltons to kill the other one off (Ramsay killing Roose) and kill the remaining one, then marry Sansa. I guess it's always been not just about owning Catelyn/Sansa for LF, but also an obsession with annihilating and becoming Ned Stark. I can see him wanting rule in a King's Landing type arrangement but FROM Winterfell. I'm not sure why, but this line in the series made me think that Littlefinger is obviously very aware that Winterfell is being built for him and is waiting for the right moment to claim it. Indeed, wouldn't ownership of Winterfell be Littlefinger's end-goal? Why must King's Landing be the capital in a new world?

- Sorry for the outdated, probably very-overdone question: but are we entirely SURE that Stoneheart won't be appearing on the show?

- Sorry for the outdated, probably very-overdone question: but are we entirely SURE that Stoneheart won't be appearing on the show?

as to the last part, there was a leaked pic of the script of season 5 with the scene indicating that lady stone heart is going to be in it.

but then again it could be fake, so we will just have to wait and see

as to the last part, there was a leaked pic of the script of season 5 with the scene indicating that lady stone heart is going to be in it.

Oh, wow. Just the possibility is exciting! Thanks. I didn't know that. But I don't quite believe Michelle Fairley's public comments. I feel HBO wanted misdirection re: Stoneheart and that she would be included.

- I don't really think that Tywin's children are really Targaryens, any of them, as we already have a few out there secretly running around. However, this might be the most credible of the speculative rumours out there. If it were Cersei (and thus Jaime, unless they are not really twins) who was a Targaryen, does this mean the prophecy stating she will be killed by "the valonqar" actually means death for Cersei via a dragon1? Of course we assume it will be Jaime who kills her. But, if she is of dragon blood, and the existing dragons are Daenerys' children, we could use the loose Valyrian term for "little brother/sister" to associate dragons with Cersei "Targaryen". The prophecy says Cersei's killer will wrap hands around her throat and choke the life out of her, but I suppose this could be a metaphor? I feel the dragons will be instrumental in killing at least one main character, i.e. Drogon will kill one of them. And not someone as peripheral as Khal Pono.

On the other hand, if Tyrion is of Targaryen descent2, it's easier to imagine one of the dragons accepting him as a suitable dragon-rider. Following the whole Targaryen descent-dragon association, this could mean Daenerys, Tyrion and Jon Snow are the "Targaryen" dragon riders (in spite of Bran's implied involvement).

1. Stannis is the "little Brother" that will kill Cersei. It has never even crossed her mine.

2. Remember that that Tywin sister said that Tyrion is truly Tywin son.

It was just a photo of some words typed in script format. There's no reason at all to think it was real.

I should probably know the answers to these, but I don't.

1) Was Duncan the Small already married to Jenny of Oldstones when she brought the woods witch to court?

2) What made both Rhaegar and Aemon assume -for a time- that Rhaegar was TPTWP?

3) Aemon mentions that he has been tested 3 times since joining the NW. He says the hardest test was during RR, when his family was slain. I assume another is Summerhall. What is the 3rd?

1) Was Duncan the Small already married to Jenny of Oldstones when she brought the woods witch to court?

3) Aemon mentions that he has been tested 3 times since joining the NW. He says the hardest test was during RR, when his family was slain. I assume another is Summerhall. What is the 3rd?

3) When he was asked to be King perhaps? That is a big thing to turn down...

The "signs" where there. He was born from Aerys and Rhaella's line, and also the same day of the Tragedy at Summerhall, hence being born amidst salt (tears) and smoke (the fire). That's AA, but I suppose it's the same? They assumed it right, though.

1) The woods witch was very dear to Jenny, so they most likely already knew each other before Jenny met Duncan. Whether Jenny had enough power at court to bring her friend to court prior to her wedding is unknown. We can't truly tell at this point.

2) Rhaegar and Aemon had simply looked at the list of criteria:

• Male -> check

Of the Blood of the Dragon -> check

Of the line of Aerys and Rhaella -> check

Born amidst smoke -> check (Rhaegar wasn't only born on the day the Summerhal tragedy occured, he was literally born at Summerhal, according to the App)

Born amidst salt -> check (Tears of those dying, tears of Rhaella giving birth, and most importantly, tears of those who survived, and grieved)

Then Rhaegar became convinced that Aegon was the promised prince, because Aegon also fitted a lot of the criteria:

• Male

Of the Blood of the Dragon

Of the line of Aerys and Rhaella

Comet heralding his coming

Born amidst smoke (if his place of birth was Dragonstone)

Born amidst salt (if his place of birth was Dragonstone)

3. Once as a boy, once when he was a man in the prime of youth, once as an old man

• Boy: I assume that this was either the Great Spring Sickness, where multiple of his family members died quickly after one another (first Baelor in the tourney mishap, then Daeron, Valarr and Matarys... and those were the ones who died, who knows who all became sick of the Targaryen family). Another possibility is a Blackfyre Rebellion. We have yet to learn when the 3rd rebellion occured. Though personally I feel that Aemon would have been too old to still count as a boy, as it seems the 3rd Blackfyre Rebellion occured at least after Aemon had reached manhood, perhaps even years later.

Man: I assume, this was the Great Council, where he was offered the throne

Old man: Rebellion, where the last of his family were either slain or exiled.

Archived