Small Questions v.10089

Jon Weirgaryen

The graphic novels are great, but the words of GRRM are unparalleled. (There are pdfs of these online, I hear... ;) )

:)

Or you buy the A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms collection when it is released (next year)... Depending on in which country you live, there might already be a collection of the first three novella's. (in some countries, it has already been released, you see).

Indeed, buy this too when it comes out! I didn't mean to encourage shortchanging the author! :)

Arys had also stockpiled enough wildfire to burn down King's Landing... :)

That's right indeed....

hmmm... I really didn't remember Cersei being the one to store it ready for the war... quite savvy for a complete nutter !

So the wildfire that the Mad King had buried... do you think they'll be an attempt to find / remove it ? Jamie must have mentioned it to a few people. (this is question we'll have to speculate on, I know)

Also another question (double post , please don't reprimand me)

What was the Dornish reaction to the two 'suckling babes' being 'dashed against the wall' by the mountain...

Seemed they took a long time to send Oberyn up there !

actually, it happened during the sack of King's Landing, which is about (12 or 18 years I can't remember)before Oberyn arrives, considering Dorne were always loyal and pretty tough in a military sense, why didn't they kick up a stink sooner !?

What was the Dornish reaction to the two 'suckling babes' being 'dashed against the wall' by the mountain...

actually, it happened during the sack of King's Landing, which is about (12 or 18 years I can't remember)before Oberyn arrives, considering Dorne were always loyal and pretty tough in a military sense, why didn't they kick up a stink sooner !?

GRRM said the Dornish were angry with Elia's treatment,i don't know if this means that they were angry with Rhaegar who abandomed her or with Tywin and the way he treated her.It's probably both through.

That's right indeed....

hmmm... I really didn't remember Cersei being the one to store it ready for the war... quite savvy for a complete nutter !

So the wildfire that the Mad King had buried... do you think they'll be an attempt to find / remove it ? Jamie must have mentioned it to a few people. (this is question we'll have to speculate on, I know)

It seems that Jaime didn't mention it to anyone.

All the pyromancers of Aerys' time died either the day of the Sack (Rossart), or the days following. The others from the order might have known wildfire was being made, but all was done in extreme secrecy, so they wouldn't know where the wildfire went exactly.

Who was Jaime going to tell? Robert? Jaime didn't seem to have had a high opinion of Robert (an opinion which got worse over the years). And at first, Jaime didn't know Robert.. hidden caches of wildfire isn't something you tell guys you don't know.

Tywin? The man you had not expected would harm two small children, but who just did just that, in the most brutal way you can think of? No, that knowledge would not end well.

Dorne was angry, obviously. There were rumours about rebellion (Oberyn), where ravens flew and riders rode. Then Jon Arryn went to Dorne (the year following the Rebellion, no exact moment is known), spoke with Doran, and ended all talk of rebellion.

Since the, Dorne has

1) secretly plotted against the Baratheon/Lannister rule

2) remained mostly on their own. I seem to recall reading (SSM?) that Dorne since the Rebellion preferred to do trade and such with the Free Cities, and little or barely with the other Seven Kingdoms. Basically, they were still part of the 7K in name, but they didn't act much like it anymore..

GRRM said the Dornish were angry with Elia's treatment,i don't know if this means that they were angry with Rhaegar who abandomed her or with Tywin and the way he treated her.It's probably both through.

IIRC that was in reference to Dorne sending troops, and thus it was about Rhaegar's treatment (Rhaegar passing Elia over during the tourney, which had enraged Doran; and Rhaegar leaving Elia alone after Aegon's birth, to run off/disappear with/abduct another woman).

That was the reason that Dorne only send troops to fight in the war at the end.

Let it be clear that Tywin's treatment of Elia and her kids was not tollerated at all by Dorne either.. ;) but that wasn't what GRRM was talking about, IIRC

Doran is a careful man. He wanted to avoid war with the Lannisters so he bided his time, quietly plotting the downfall of Tywin Lannister. He (and Oberyn) betrothed Arianne to Viserys in the hopes of one day achieving vengeance for Elia and Rhaegar's children.

It seems that Jaime didn't mention it to anyone.

All the pyromancers of Aerys' time died either the day of the Sack (Rossart), or the days following. The others from the order might have known wildfire was being made, but all was done in extreme secrecy, so they wouldn't know where the wildfire went exactly.

Who was Jaime going to tell? Robert? Jaime didn't seem to have had a high opinion of Robert (an opinion which got worse over the years). And at first, Jaime didn't know Robert.. hidden caches of wildfire isn't something you tell guys you don't know.

Tywin? The man you had not expected would harm two small children, but who just did just that, in the most brutal way you can think of? No, that knowledge would not end well.

Dorne was angry, obviously. There were rumours about rebellion (Oberyn), where ravens flew and riders rode. Then Jon Arryn went to Dorne (the year following the Rebellion, no exact moment is known), spoke with Doran, and ended all talk of rebellion.

Since the, Dorne has

1) secretly plotted against the Baratheon/Lannister rule

2) remained mostly on their own. I seem to recall reading (SSM?) that Dorne since the Rebellion preferred to do trade and such with the Free Cities, and little or barely with the other Seven Kingdoms. Basically, they were still part of the 7K in name, but they didn't act much like it anymore..

IIRC that was in reference to Dorne sending troops, and thus it was about Rhaegar's treatment (Rhaegar passing Elia over during the tourney, which had enraged Doran; and Rhaegar leaving Elia alone after Aegon's birth, to run off/disappear with/abduct another woman).

That was the reason that Dorne only send troops to fight in the war at the end.

Let it be clear that Tywin's treatment of Elia and her kids was not tollerated at all by Dorne either.. ;) but that wasn't what GRRM was talking about, IIRC

Oh i didn't know that,Thanks Rhaenys. :)

In aDwD when Bran is 'messing about' with his weirdwood powers, he whispers to Ned in a flashback ( I know it's not a flash back , but you get my meaning )

I was wondering if there's a corresponding chapter in the first book where Ned is cleaning his sword and hears a whisper ? I can't remember ...

In aDwD when Bran is 'messing about' with his weirdwood powers, he whispers to Ned in a flashback ( I know it's not a flash back , but you get my meaning )

I was wondering if there's a corresponding chapter in the first book where Ned is cleaning his sword and hears a whisper ? I can't remember ...

I suspect that the talking through the tree trick only works contemporaneously, not in visions of the past or future. :)

That vision of Ned is from many years ago. Not the same scene from the first book.

That vision of Ned was one from shortly after returning to Winterfell from having fought in the Rebellion.

I see the question from last night (which I saw shortly) has disappeared. Did everything work out?

Archived