The Collective DCU TVerse -- Lions, Titans, and Supergirls

Bastard of Boston

I'm sure the Cavil similarness is intentional. I'm also glad they went with the costume. It doesn't blow me away but the key thing is going to be how they handle the show - if it's good then the costume is fully accepted.

I'm hoping Supergirl will have all of the strengths of the CW shows -- with the same production team -- but given that CBS is airing it, none of the potholes.

Amell posted a pretty funny story about his own costuming process on Facebook.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/arrows-stephen-amell-recalls-his-near-wardrobe-malfunction

I'm hoping Supergirl will have all of the strengths of the CW shows -- with the same production team -- but given that CBS is airing it, none of the potholes.

Amell posted a pretty funny story about his own costuming process on Facebook.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/arrows-stephen-amell-recalls-his-near-wardrobe-malfunction

Hopefully CBS don't have to insist on weird unrequited love stories or constantly telling contrived lies that only ever make things worse? Although this could be a staple of most TV networks (probably just less young people involved)

I'm watching season 2 of Sons of Anarchy. If Green Arrow gets added to the movieverse, I hope someone calls up Charlie Hunnam. He's got the right look, attitude, and smart ass smile to make the comic version work on screen. They need a nice contrast to Affleck's Batman to make it work and Hunnam would nail it.

Even better, bring back that Super Max screenplay and have him play Ollie.

OR if DC really wants to make my day, they'll make a Warlord movie (separated from the DC movieverse, please) starring Hunnam as Travis Morgan.

Hunnan has the look for sure but his acting can be a bit ropey at times. I think it's because he has to concentrate on not sounding like a geordie. There are times he's fairly strong in later seasons of SOA though so a film may suit him better. PAcific Rim didn't prove that theory but he was still entertaining in it which is often all that matters with these films

Hunnan has the look for sure but his acting can be a bit ropey at times. I think it's because he has to concentrate on not sounding like a geordie. There are times he's fairly strong in later seasons of SOA though so a film may suit him better. PAcific Rim didn't prove that theory but he was still entertaining in it which is often all that matters with these films

Wow. I had no idea he wasn't American. :)

Wow. I had no idea he wasn't American. :)

There's a guy with dreadlocks in "Children of men" - that's him speaking in what his probably his real voice (or at least how he sounded growing up)

• 3 weeks later...

Those casting announcements seem to confirm the rumour from a month ago that the spin-off would be a time-travelling one. It also neatly explains how Caity Lotz is in it and how only one half of firestorm is present (Firestorm doesn't yet exist when he appears in the spin-off).

I must have posted the link in another thread as i can't see it here. The rumour had a casting call for Rip Hunter that made him sound like an amalgamation of Rip/Booster Gold. Darvil will do a good job if they give him a decent script.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The title of the Flash/Arrow spinoff was revealed -- Legends of Tomorrow. It also got picked up.

"When heroes alone are not enough ... the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat — one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?"

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/07/cw-legends-tomorrow-cordon-crazy-ex-girlfriend

Flash spoilers...

The cast will be appearing in the Flash season finale, per "Hawkgirl's" Twitter.

Also, Supergirl was picked up for a full season by CBS.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supergirl-ordered-series-at-cbs-793201

That has to be some of the worst shit I've ever laid my eyes on. Oh god. My eyes are bleeding right now. Jesus Christ. This can't be real. This. Can. Not. Be. Real.

Whatever notion that "DC owns TV, Marvel owns films" has to be gone by now. Granted, Agents of SHIELD sucks its own special brand of balls, but Daredevil was a massive score and an insane promise of what's to come with the other three Defenders series. Meanwhile, DC puts this on top of its other two glitzy bubblegum serials. I guess it'll work out for certain segments? Selfie-addicted teenagers? Was that *five* different pop songs I was subjected to during that trailer?

Oh, yeah, and Agent Carter was renewed. DC needs to step up; they're about to lose the TV race.

I thought that was great! Can't wait for fall. So Supergirl is going up against Gotham :)

Daredevil was terrible, Agent Carter was terribly boring. DC is where it's at on TV. All it needed was a little John Williams over the pop music, but I can live with it.

Thank the gods DC is going light, at least on TV. It's like the reverse of the film universes between Marvel and DC which and I end up liking the more light hearted one.

Whatever notion that "DC owns TV, Marvel owns films" has to be gone by now.

Daredevil was terrible, Agent Carter was terribly boring. DC is where it's at on TV. All it needed was a little John Williams over the pop music, but I can live with it.

:lol:

I thought it looked great. Utter nonsense but in a good way.

My only question is it meant to be slotting into another TV or Movie existing universe or another new one?

:lol:

AGREED!

I thought it looked great. Utter nonsense but in a good way.

I agree with this too. The music was fucking horrible though. It seriously made me angry, and I can't see watching it if they continue that type of music throughout the show (I doubt that they will though).

My only question is it meant to be slotting into another TV or Movie existing universe or another new one?

Before CBS bought it, it was going to be part of the Arrow/Flash universe, now I think it's part of the cinematic universe (the timeline on everything baffles me though).

Archived