Philadelphia PA Region

Lord Orys

Is there anyone from the Philadelphia region (I'm from NJ) that would recommend a convention? Our comicon is coming up in Spring and I wasn't sure if that was the "go to" con for ASOIAF, or if there was something else in the Tri-state area that would be more fitting.

I suggest paying attention to the George's calendar. He'll be at a couple of East Coast conventions in 2016. Mysticon in Roanoke VA and Balticon in Hunt Valley MD (northern Baltimore County). There are a few BWB members who'll attend Capclave in Gaithersburg MD next month, but last year was our George year.

AB

I plan to attend Philcon in Cherry Hill, NJ this November. Usually a good regional con.

http://2014.philcon.org/

I suggest paying attention to the George's calendar. He'll be at a couple of East Coast conventions in 2016. Mysticon in Roanoke VA and Balticon in Hunt Valley MD (northern Baltimore County). There are a few BWB members who'll attend Capclave in Gaithersburg MD next month, but last year was our George year.

AB

Thanks for the info guys! Will most definitely go to the Cherry Hill one since I live like 20 minutes away.

AB

Never attended Mysticon but expect to in 2016 for obvious (at least on this board :laugh: ) reason. Balticon, another good con like Philcon, as well in 2016 for the same reason. I am torn with the latter since the same weekend the NJ Folkproject has its getaway folk music gathering less than 4 miles from my house. So 2015 will not attend. I think I'll play on guitar (or more accurately, attempt to play) Rains of Castamere and Bear and Maiden Fair at the next one, Westeros folk music, right?

Archived