Jon's Reaction (Spoilers all)

Marcus Agrippa

A powerful, cloaked figure stands over a body, the cowl of her zeyd-cloth robe shadowing her face; and, raising the palm of her right hand, utters the fateful words, "Rise, my Friend."

A dark form, encased in imposing black armour, rises to his feet. A single, deep, mechanical breath is forced from his scarred lungs. "What is thy bidding, my Master," intones Jon Snow.

What were you thinking of?

A powerful, cloaked figure stands over a body, the cowl of her zeyd-cloth robe shadowing her face; and, raising the palm of her right hand, utters the fateful words, "Rise, my Friend."

A dark form, encased in imposing black armour, rises to his feet. A single, deep, mechanical breath is forced from his scarred lungs. "What is thy bidding, my Master," intones Jon Snow.

Wait, you forgot the best part:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Wait, you forgot the best part:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

It is your destiny!

I might be the only person to ever say this- I despise star wars. I read a lot of the books when I was a kid but when they got Young Jedi Knights- I decided that series jumped the shark. Not a fan of Star trek or super hero's either. The characters bother me. It's... like they are very stale. The best characters that I really see are usually in political books even if they can be some what arbitrary.

Anyway back to Jon- I do enjoy all the possibilities that George left us with- theon and the old gods, bran, mel and shireen, just down and out, and so forth. I don't remember which thread I read this on but- Jon does seem to fulfill the councilor role that Westeros has lacked since Jaenerys. I wonder if he will sit Stannis and Daenerys down and tell them whats what. That could very well be the best scene of all time. Jon talking down a woman with Dragons and a man so driven that he makes Octavian look like a slacker.

My two working theories for Jon Snow (both assume R+L = J)

1. Jon Snow's "assassination" was really orchestrated by Melissandre, as a way to get him to leave the Night's Watch. Having just been "killed", the next step for the NW would obviously be to burn the body before dark, unless he becomes a blue eyed corpse, wakes up and starts murdering people. Melissandre gets his "body" moved/swapped before the burning.

As far as the Night's Watch is concerned, Jon Snow is now dead and gone. He wakes up some time later (I'd wager at least a week, considering he will actually get stabbed/likely poisoned to simulate "death") after warging Ghost for *important plot point*. He is now considered dead by the Watch, or a traitor if discovered alive, which effectively frees him from the sight of the Night's Watch (to let him pursue his agenda as Jon Targaryan) and prevents him from going back (because they will murder him as a traitor). Mel sends him to Winterfell's crypts/Mance to embrace his destiny as Jon Targ, eventual hero of the battle against the WW, and future King.

2. GRRM goes the complete opposite direction with Jon Snow, and Jon's death is orchestrated by the Queen of the White Walkers, who raises Jon as the next Night's King, and basically the commander of the White Walker forces. Jon Snow, from here out is the tragic fallen hero turned villain trope. Pretty much exactly Arthas, from the Warcraft/ World of Warcraft universe.

SJ: I agree, all depends on the mess now at The Wall. Jon was leaving, I think in haste. However, I think that the White will actually attack while all the mess is will be going on because the attack on Jon. What better time for the Walkers to attack when everyone is fighting amongst themselves.

Once Jon is Jon, again I don't think that he will off to WF like he was before. The I see him staying to Care of business there 1st. Things have changed once Jon get attacked.

I do believe that what is left of the NW Will join the Wildings ( a new kind of a group will be formed). All also depends if that wall comes down.

I don't know how many chapters Jon will be in Ghost, but I don't see Jon popping out too quickly.

I do believe that Jon will meet up with the Boltons, I just don't know which 1. I do believe that either Roose will kill Ramsay( skin changer, not a warg) or Ramsay will Off his father in order to gain more power.

Again, I do think that Jon will leave The Watch however, not right now. There is way too much to be handled now there that wasn't going on before the Roman Senate performed Act II :fencing:

WTF: My quotes aren't working. JEZZZZZZ :devil:

I agree that Jon should confront the Boltons at some point. Roose deserves to be killed by Ramsay but I would also like the idea of Arya paying him a quick visit. ^_^

As someone else has pointed out, Jon against Ramsay would be Snow against Snow on the snow, and they are clear opposites in many ways, so a confrontation between them would be fitting.

I just want some Stark revenge finally. I don't care if it's realistic or not, but I want to see all of the living Starks getting some revenge on the assholes who have abused their family for the past 5 books.

This topic always brings to mind a conversation that went between Jojen and Bran where Jojen warns Bran about staying inside of Summer too long. He kind of implies that Bran could easily forget himself and let his body wither and die while inside of Summer. There is also a conversation elsewhere that says that the mind of the man fades away during his second life. My point is that i think many if us believe that during Jon's recovery he will go through a transformation like this, UnJon or not.

If we are too assume that UnJon is not the case we can only draw from one example which is Bran's early coma in AGoT. It's not clear to me how much or little Bran inhabited Summer during that time or how much the 3ER interceded to stabilize Bran prior to his waking up.

I think Jon coming out of a coma as basically a wolf in a man's body, vengeful, feral and unconcerned with loyalty barely able to speak would be just as interesting as an undead super Jon.

Food for thought

This topic always brings to mind a conversation that went between Jojen and Bran where Jojen warns Bran about staying inside of Summer too long. He kind of implies that Bran could easily forget himself and let his body wither and die while inside of Summer. There is also a conversation elsewhere that says that the mind of the man fades away during his second life. My point is that i think many if us believe that during Jon's recovery he will go through a transformation like this, UnJon or not.

If we are too assume that UnJon is not the case we can only draw from one example which is Bran's early coma in AGoT. It's not clear to me how much or little Bran inhabited Summer during that time or how much the 3ER interceded to stabilize Bran prior to his waking up.

I think Jon coming out of a coma as basically a wolf in a man's body, vengeful, feral and unconcerned with loyalty barely able to speak would be just as interesting as an undead super Jon.

Food for thought

You- Sir/Madam/Thing just set this thread straight. No matter what Jon is going to change. It's the change I wanted to discuss. Thank you.

You- Sir/Madam/Thing just set this thread straight. No matter what Jon is going to change. It's the change I wanted to discuss. Thank you.

The boy will be dead and the man will be born.

I don't think 'change' requires Jon becoming a feral beast, and undead zombie or a White Walker.

Haha, Sir would be the appropriate nomenclature, but I will accept thing as well.

I really like the idea that Ghost is slightly more magical than the other direwolves in the litter. It's easy to assume he was a member of the litter who got pushed away by the mother or the pups. He could also have crawled away from the mother and pups after she died. I think it would be interesting if the pregnant direwolf specifically brought baby Ghost south of the wall with her before being injured and giving birth to the others. It would give more gravity to Ghost being brought to Jon, and possibly, make it the most purposeful act in that opening chapter which GRRM says inspired the whole series.

We know that during one of Jon's wolfdreams he was able to see Bran in the Wierwood he was inhabiting. It's the only surreal warging experience where reality was sort of bent like an acid trip that I can think of off the top of my head. You could also site Ghost's being drawn to Mel's magic or otherwise as odd too. I think if Ghost could see through her glamor, as was postulated up thread, and see her alleged true old and ugly form he would have been repelled by her.

I wonder if we'll get more specifics on the significance of Ghost being mute through Jon's experience in him, post stabbing. His not having a voice feels almost like he's a vessel waiting for one, much like Hodor being simple makes him a perfect vessel for Bran. Maybe he will even howl while Jon's inside finally having found his voice. Jon will definitely be dug in like a tick when it's time to wake up.

Food for thought

This is something to think about.... remember however that Jon is regarded by Varamyr one of the more powerful skinchangers we know of as a natural warg but in denial of his nature.

Yes Jon will probably be changed by residing in Ghost. However, it might not be all bad. Yes he'll probably be more vicious. One might argue that he needs that. Perhaps he'll pick up some of Ghosts instinct about who has ill intentions which would be good. Perhaps Jon would be better able to see through illusions as well. If Jon is also a berserker then that could be strengthened as well.

If he spends too much time in Ghost it could be bad... if he spends a short enough time in Ghost that his essential nature doesn't change; but that he picks up on some of Ghosts traits that might be good.

The boy will be dead and the man will be born.

I don't think 'change' requires Jon becoming a feral beast, and undead zombie or a White Walker.

That is change- DOn't think anybody is neglecting that. Jon- the man he will become is more of the type. We have seen so many characters- we have our roberts, stannis's, Theon's, gregor's, Ned's, Samwell's, and Tywin's. I guess Varys might get his own cat as well depending o n how you interput his character. I for see Jon becoming half ned/ half Stannis. Nobody else makes sense.

Haha, Sir would be the appropriate nomenclature, but I will accept thing as well.

I really like the idea that Ghost is slightly more magical than the other direwolves in the litter. It's easy to assume he was a member of the litter who got pushed away by the mother or the pups. He could also have crawled away from the mother and pups after she died. I think it would be interesting if the pregnant direwolf specifically brought baby Ghost south of the wall with her before being injured and giving birth to the others. It would give more gravity to Ghost being brought to Jon, and possibly, make it the most purposeful act in that opening chapter which GRRM says inspired the whole series.

We know that during one of Jon's wolfdreams he was able to see Bran in the Wierwood he was inhabiting. It's the only surreal warging experience where reality was sort of bent like an acid trip that I can think of off the top of my head. You could also site Ghost's being drawn to Mel's magic or otherwise as odd too. I think if Ghost could see through her glamor, as was postulated up thread, and see her alleged true old and ugly form he would have been repelled by her.

I wonder if we'll get more specifics on the significance of Ghost being mute through Jon's experience in him, post stabbing. His not having a voice feels almost like he's a vessel waiting for one, much like Hodor being simple makes him a perfect vessel for Bran. Maybe he will even howl while Jon's inside finally having found his voice. Jon will definitely be dug in like a tick when it's time to wake up.

I agree with that- I might ahve said something like that earlier in this thread or in R+L=J- Ghost and Summer have the two strongest bonds in the series. We should have gotten Robb as a POV because then we would get a better look at his character as well. In the end it will be interesting to see how all the bonds with direwolves turn out.

Archived