Goodkind XII

MinDonner

...And we're off!

Remember, no personal insults and no vandalising of other sites, otherwise the life and works of Mr Goodkind are fair game. Summaries of all things TG can be found here, with links to all the previous Quotes of the Day, so everyone can join in! :D

[Edited for proper link]

I'm bored..so come on, give me an idea for a song to vandalise as siong parody of the day.

If you could do a parody of New Years Eve by U2 it would be appreciated.

Can't get the song out of my head right now and I'm hoping a Goodkind based version would be horrifying enough to drive it out.

And with a new thread comes a new Terry Goodkind Quote of the Day. At this point in the story Richard has been captured by Nicci the evil sorceress with magical boobs, and Kahlan has found her way back to the D’Haran army. She and Cara (clothed in this clip) and Warren the wizard catch one of Jagangbang’s gifted. Won’t somebody please think of the children!

<There’s a big explosion, Warren tackles Kahlan and Cara, they figure out that the enemy’s gifted are out there, and before they know it, Cara runs off. Blah blah blah.>

Kahlan jumped up and pointed. “There.â€

Through the trees, she saw Cara retuning. The Mord-Sith was herding a small man in obvious pain along before her. Each time he stumbled and fell, she kicked him in the ribs, rolling him through the snow before her. He cried out, his words coming as a whining cry that Kahlan couldn’t make out because of the distance. The words weren’t hard to imagine, though.

<Snip.>

This was the vicious animal who did Jagang’s bidding. He didn’t seem like a vicious animal, now, as he wept and begged before the implacable captor driving him on before her.

He was a bundle of rags, flinging out around him as he rolled through the snow with a mighty kick that deposited him at Kahlan and Warren’s feet. He lay facedown, whimpering like a child.

Cara bent, seized him by his tangled mat of dark hair, and yanked him to his feet.

It was a child.

“Lyle?†<Lame name for a wizard if you ask me.> Warren stared incredulously. “Lyle? It was you?â€

Tears ran from wintery eyes. He wiped his nose on the back of a tattered sleeve as he glared at Warren. Young Lyle looked to be a boy of perhaps ten or twelve years, but since Warren knew him, Kahlan realized he was probably from the Palace of the Prophets, too. Lyle was a young wizard. <Wow, the Mother Confessor is clever enough to be the Seeker for Truth herself. Absolutely astounding powers of deduction.>

Warren reached out to cup the boy’s bloody chin. Kahlan snatched Warren’s wrist. The boy lunged to bite Warren’s hand. Cara was quicker. She snatched him back by the hair as she rammed her Agiel into his back.

Shrieking in pain, he crumpled to the ground. She kicked the injured lad in the ribs.

Warren held his hands out, imploring. “Cara, don’t-“

Her icy blue eyes turned up to challenge him. “He tried to kill us. He tried to kill the Mother Confessor.â€

She ground her teeth and, while looking Warren in the eye, kicked the whimpering boy atgain.

Warren licked his lips. “I know…but…â€

“But what?â€

“He’s so young. It isn’t right.â€

“And so it would be better if we just let him kill us? Would that make it right for you?â€

Kahlan knew Cara was right. As difficult as it was to witness, Cara was right. If they died, how many men, women, and children would the Imperial Order go on to slaughter? Child though he was, he was a tool of the Order.

Nonetheless, Kahlan gestured Cara that that was enough. When Kahlan signaled, Cara again seized his tangled mat of dirty hair in her fist and hauled him to his feet. With Cara’s thighs at his back, he stood shivering, blood running down his face, pulling short, ragged breaths.

As Kahlan sarted down into terrified, tear-filled brown eyes, she put on her Confessor’s face, the face her mother had taught her when she was but a little girl, the face that masked her inner tumult.

<Snip. Kahlan is also clever enough to figure out that Jagang is lurking around in the kids head, so she decides to be more clever still. She and Jagang have a bit of a chat while she tries to trick him. She fails miserably in the end, though she does manage to goad him into a fit. Jagang is naturally curious as to where Richard is.>

She wanted to kick the boy’s teeth in as she watched his cruel grin. Kahlan’s mind raced, trying to figure out what Jagang could possibly know, and what he was trying to discover.

“You’ll see him soon enough, when we get this poor child back to camp. I’m sure Richard Rahl will want to laugh in your cowardly face when I tell him how we discovered the great emperor’s plan to sneak troops north. He’ll want to personally tell you what a fool you are.â€

<Snip, blah blah blah.>

“Ah, but I don’t believe you,†he said, as if losing interest. “we both know he’s not there at all.†Don’t we, darlin?â€

<snip>

Kahlan let a sarcastic smile taint her lips. “Oh—you must mean Nicci?â€

The smile vanished from the boy’s face. The brow drew down, but he managed to keep any anger out of his voice.

“Nicci? I don’t know what you’re talking about, darlin.â€

“Sister of the Dark? Shapely? Blond hair? Blue eyes? Black dress? <Nice rack> Surely, you would remember a woman that hauntingly beautiful. Or, besides your other shortcomings, are you also a eunuch?â€

The eyes watched, and in them Kahlan could see careful calculations weighing her every word. But it was Nicci’s words about Jagang that Kahlan was remembering.

“I know who Nicci is. I know every private inch of her. One day, I will come to know you ads intimately as I know Nicci.â€

Such an obscene threat was somehow more shilling, coming as it did from the mouth of a boy. It made her sick to her stomach to hear a child express Jagang’s vile thoughts. <She didn’t have a problem hearing that same child screaming in pain just a little while ago.>

<Snip, blah blah blah.>

Kahlan heard the bellow behind her. She spun back to see Cara trying to stop him with her Agiel. Kahlan heard the bone in his arm snap. It didn’t even low him. The boy, in a wild rage, his hands clawed, his teeth bared, lunged for Kahlan.

Half turned back to him, Kahlan lifted her hand against the full weight of the boy crashing toward her as he leaped for her throat. His small chest contacted her hand. His feet were clear of the ground. It felt not as if he were throwing himself at her, but no more than dandelion fluff, floating to her on a breath of air.

Time was hers.

It was not necessary for Kahlan to invoke her birthright, but merely to withdraw her restraint of it. Her feelings could provide her no safe haven; only the truth would serve her now.

This was not a small boy, hurt, alone, afraid.

This was the enemy.

The inner violence of her power’s cold coiled force slipping its bounds was breathtaking. It surged up from that deep dark core within, obediently inundating every fiber of her being.

She could count each small rib under her fingers.

She contained no hate, no rage, no horror…no sorrow. In that infinitesimal spark of time, her mind was in a void where there was no emotion, only the all-consuming rush of time suspended.

He had no chance. He was hers.

Kahlan did not hesitate.

She unleashed her power.

From an ethereal state as part of her innermost essence, that power became all.

Thunder without sound jolted the air – exquisite, violent, and for that pristine instant, sovereign.

The boy’s face was twisted by the hate of the man who had controlled him. In that singular moment, if she was the absence of emotion, then he was the embodiment of it. Kahlan stared back into that lost child’s face, knowing that he saw only her merciless eyes.

His mind, who he was, who he had been, was already gone.

Trees all around shook from the force of the concussion. Snow dropped from branches and boughs. The terrible shock to the air lifted a ring of snow that grew around the two of them in an ever-expanding circle.

Kahlan had known that Jagang could slip into and out of a person’s mind between thought, when time itself did not exist. She had no choice but to do as she had done. She could not afford to hesitate. With Jagang in a person’s mind, even Cara could not control them.

Jagang had burned his bridges behind him as he fled the young mind.

The boy fell dead at Kahlan’s feet.

~Terry Goodkind, Faith of the Fallen

Here you go, Walpy:

All is quiet in D'Hara, yay.

But beware, Richard's on the way.

He will be there, be there 'fore night and day.

Everything changes in D'Hara today.

In D'Hara today.

He...Oh he will rant again.

he...Oh he will rant again.

Under a blood-red sky

A crowd has gathered in black and white

Arms prepared, the chosen few

And Richard says, says

Says it's true, it's true...

And we have to execute you

You will be torn in two

We'll never be one.

He...Oh he is ranting 'gain

He...Oh he is ranting 'gain.

Oh, oh. Oh, oh. Oh, oh.

Oh, oh come on start the fight.

Oh, yes tonight.

Or he'll rant at us again.

Or he'll rant at us again.

And so he tells us this is the golden age

But gold's not the reason for the wars they wage

May he soon be gone again

Before one more night and day

Everything changes

No, no more ranting, yay

No, no more ranting, yay

No, no more ranting, yay.

Do you still love me now? :)

"Time was hers."

Hey, she can do the same tricks as Richie...

Do you know how badly I want to do a Dune parody because of those lines.

"Richard Rahl is the Kwisatz Haderach"

or Stilgar in the cave asking'

"Can you teach us this Objectivist way?"

The only thing that stops me is the horror of Duncan Idaho and Gurney Halleck in skin tight bondage gear.

And all the old Bene Gesserit hags in tight leather would be a sight too...

But then again, you already got Fremen in skintight bodysuits, so it's not that far, really.

Richard Atreides and Kalia...

Warren held his hands out, imploring. “Cara, don’t-“

Her icy blue eyes turned up to challenge him. “He tried to kill us. He tried to kill the Mother Confessor.â€

She ground her teeth and, while looking Warren in the eye, kicked the whimpering boy atgain.

Warren licked his lips. “I know…but…â€

“But what?â€

“He’s so young. It isn’t right.â€

What foreshadowing by Goodkind. Because of his treasonous sympathy and lack of moral celery Warren ends up getting killed by a child assassin. That'll teach you not to revel in the torture and destruction of an evildoer!

"Surely, you would remember a woman that hauntingly beautiful. Or, besides your other shortcomings, are you also a eunuch?â€

Er, he's, what, 10??

I notice Kahlan's mind also raced, which Richard's tends to do on most occasions (Zedd's as well). The comment made by a previous poster (I forget who, sorry) that all the characters are just different versions of Richard - it's so true! Except some of them have bigger boobs.

And lets not forget that if Terry believes he is Richard and all the other characters are identical versions of Richard, thus by extension all the characters are versions of the Yeardi one himself. Even the female ones. Even the female ones he imagines he is having sex with when he is Richard. Ewwww :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Sorry for that image folks

I've read quite a lot of fantasy and seen my fair share of dark lords, necromancers and so on. Jagang (or whatever his name is) is the first evil emperor I've seen who addresses his enemies as darlin'. Is the emperor of the IO a good ol' boy?

Archived