When its in ur hands

Nozlym

Will read it at least thrice from the beginning to end. Then I will continue with thematic readings.

Ordered the hardcover edition from Amazon and paid another book price for express shipment. Amazon does not sell kindle content to my country. It sucks.

Will read it at least thrice from the beginning to end. Then I will continue with thematic readings.

Ordered the hardcover edition from Amazon and paid another book price for express shipment. Amazon does not sell kindle content to my country. It sucks.

Why? I preordered the Kindle version, but I'm in Nairobi (Kenya) right now. But it will download automatically into my tablet tomorrow. Buy it from Amazon Canada or USA

Why? I preordered the Kindle version, but I'm in Nairobi (Kenya) right now. But it will download automatically into my tablet tomorrow. Buy it from Amazon Canada or USA

I live in Turkey but don't know why. Either Amazon does not give crap to Turkey and/or there are some issues as discussed in the comments here.

Always thought Tiberius was the main inspiration for Stan

That sounds like what he said I think :P

In other news:

Amazon UK said:

Hello,

We thought you'd like to know that we've dispatched your item(s). Your order is on the way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.

*squee*

Ironically enough, the first thing I had to do when it arrived this afternoon was put it on the table for later, due to it being handed to me by the delivery guy right as I was leaving to do the shopping. :bang:

Just got it, but I now have 4 more hours of boring work before I can delve into it. And I brought it to work with me, because I stopped by the bookstore after lunch (not before because for some reason the bookstore was closed, and when I asked for it, they told me packages had been delaying so they hadn't unpacked any of them, and ...) anyway, the first thing I did was I showed it to my co-worker who also like this series, and then took it to my desk where I admired the craftsmanship and artistry of the book itself, including the cover, front and back, and some of the artwork. I've briefly glanced at the table of contents. I hope I don't forget it at the office when I go home. :wacko:

I have it in my hands!!!!!!! I shall now procede to thoroughly skim it and check out the layout (after taking time to write this!) and study maps etc. first. Am looking forward to a potential world map! After an hour of skimming I shall begin at page 1, with no jumping or skipping until the end. This book I will read as I did with the Daily Show books America and Earth! YAY!

Just got it, but I now have 4 more hours of boring work before I can delve into it. And I brought it to work with me, because I stopped by the bookstore after lunch (not before because for some reason the bookstore was closed, and when I asked for it, they told me packages had been delaying so they hadn't unpacked any of them, and ...) anyway, the first thing I did was I showed it to my co-worker who also like this series, and then took it to my desk where I admired the craftsmanship and artistry of the book itself, including the cover, front and back, and some of the artwork. I've briefly glanced at the table of contents. I hope I don't forget it at the office when I go home. :wacko:

Yes I was very pleased with the soft feel of the hard cover volume, this has the feel of the best quality book that I own.

Just got my copy! Took a bit of hunting because I refused to order via Amazon, but it's sitting on my lap.

Must give a guest lecture in about 4 hours, but that's only 45 minutes. Ran and Linda, you have done an amazing job with this book. It is well worth the cost. Thank you for your labor of love for the ASOIAF and GRRM fanbase!

I picked my parcel up from reception on the way out of the building at midday, not anticipating how large it would be :p Hence why I have been walking around London with the book jabbing me in the side through my bag most of the day :p Settled down with a nice coffee when I got back to my flat though, and been reading at a leisurely pace since. Loving the artwork so much :) The Valyria art is especially beautiful. Congratulations to Ran and Linda, fantastic work *applause* Oh, a funnily enough, even Harrods have a copy of the book in stock :D No, I am not so posh that I shop there regularly. I was running an errand for someone that took me through their bookstore. And I saw the World of Ice and Fire on the shelf :) (£30 though....)

Archived