When its in ur hands

Nozlym

I'll cry.

BTW, just found out the cover for the Spanish version will be different! It will be the Iron Throne:

http://i1.wp.com/lossietereinos.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/portada-2.jpg?resize=432%2C160

http://i0.wp.com/lossietereinos.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/portada.jpg?resize=449%2C590

QUIERO! DENME! AHORITA! NECESITO! YA!!!

(ah, sí. También de paso quiero saber si nos darán por fin el lema de los Connington, Dayne y alguno que otro que falta).

Go straight to the appendices - family trees in this case.

Since it is a history of the Seven Kingdoms for the most part, I'd go through it chronologically rather than reading the sections that interest me most first, since there might be spoilers in the sections on the Seven Kingdoms if those sections also cover the era of the Targaryen reign (which, according to the contents, seems to be the case).

Thus we could spoil ourselves on certain details on the Targaryen reign in the Seven Kingdom sections, whereas there should be little spoilers the other way around. The Targaryen history should cover the broad strokes of the history, whereas the other histories should highlight those events of the history were the great houses were involved (Conquest, War with Dorne, Dance, Conquest of Dorne, Blackfyre Rebellions, other stuff).

And I guess even the history of the lands in the East - Valyria, Free Cities, etc. - should be recounted chronologically, so reading the book from beginning to its end should be a really good idea.

I'd also be surprised if reading it through in one single day will work. It seems to be pretty big for a book of that type...

Tell my lecturers I have urgent family business and will not be at university for the next two weeks.

Then read, and read, and read, and read. And discuss.

I'm joking, I wont be skipping uni. But I definitely want to try and make some to read it. Hope I can, I'm sure it is a whole lot more interesting than anything in Constitutional and Administrative Law. That is some dull stuff, right there

Familytrees, Targaryen reigns, Dorne, and then it will most likely be at random..

Great minds. :-)

I'll be striking for the North after Dorne though.

I happen to have the whole week off as I'm going to weddings on the weekends both sides of the release. It just made more sense that way!

1.Targ Family Tree (I feel like I need to dedicate a wall of my place to comprehending this; thumbtacks, string, and all)

2.Stark Family Tree

3.Doom of Valyria

4.First Men

5.Anything to do with Dorne

6.Whatever else there is

Read, reread, reread, reread, and then reread. Then visit forum if any blanks need filled in.

I have preplanned. My vacation starts Oct 27 and I don't go back until Nov 6.

I'll probably flip through the artwork first, delve into the Westerlands, the North and Targ history to assuage my questions and then start from page 1.

Archived