When its in ur hands

Nozlym

dare i ask if anyone is going to take the day off when it comes out?!?!

I just keep my fingers crossed for pouring rain (I don't work in pouring rain).

But, when TWoW comes out, you can bet I will be waiting in line at Barnes and Noble bright and early!

Ugh. B & N won't let me change from standard shipping (which was offered for free) to same-day within the order I made over two months ago, and I'm too lazy to cancel and change it - especially since I'd want to check if the price hasn't gone up too much. So, hopefully, I'll get it by Thursday or Friday next week as opposed to Tuesday. I'd be more pissed if this wasn't a VERY good thing for the quality of my work during the week...

Anyway, let me add to the wave of people looking forward to smelling the book. I love the smell of new books.

I preordered it last week and got a phone call as I was leaving work yesterday afternoon that they got the shipment today and could pull one off for me . (If anybody is in NYC penn books in Penn Station still has 1 copy behind the register) Tuesday is date night with the fiancé so I didn't have much time ,but I did look through it for a half hour. Artwork is beautiful family trees are great(Brandon ice eyes). I'll come back with more this evening.

amazon.de told me my hard-out copy would arrive on 28th October. That's fine with me.

As to the reading order stuff:

I'm still in the camp of reading the thing in chronological order.

dare i ask if anyone is going to take the day off when it comes out?!?!

I won't be able to. I have early shift at an elderly people's home and they need me.

Srsly? A day off for a book? I love my books. I really do, but taking a day off would be excessive.

In MN usa I just found one copy on the shelfvat Target. I had to rush back to work but now I've gor supervisorylunch room duty but these kids can food fight and burn the place down & I may not notice b/c imma bout to crack open this mother and get lost in a world if ice and fire.

Yipeeeeeee!!

Well, the family trees are sort of the appendices of the book. Looking on them first is what I'd do, too. They are no spoilers, but cutting the books into pieces by reading in order of interest really could destroy the reading experience.

It is sort of hard to resist, but for me really any piece of information in the book will be interesting.

But I really don't understand people who read certain POVs of new books first. Even with isolated POVs like Arya you never know what's revealed between the lines or via hearsay, and that would really fuck things up for me.

There should be at least some spoilers when it comes to the trees, as far as filling in the identities of spouses and children whose identities are currently a mystery.

And if the spoilers I've come across (couldn't help myself) are really from the book (rather than people just making stuff up) I expect a whole slew of new theories and additions to existing theories. The things I've seen really flesh some things out more than I expected them to.

Not really spoilers, but I didn't want to chance posting more than people want to read. There is some really great new information to work with (Egg's wife, and Jaehaerys' betrothal and wife being examples).

I am actually really surprised at how much information I've seen about Aerys, Rhaegar, Rhaella, Twyin, etc., as I had the impression the era just before the rebellion wasn't covered much.

From what I've seen it just really gives us much more to work with about some of the happenings of the major personalities leading up to the rebellion. I am really looking forward to getting it next week!

I agree. I only had a brief look through and I was very pleasantly surprised that there is quite a lot of information about characters that are still alive (or were until fairly recently).

I wonder if we took a pole what most people would start with.

Clearly a Chinese whisper! Maybe not. Perhaps you like to poke things with sticks to see what stirs. Stick 'em wi' pointy end, lad. (Northerner's drop the occasional letters, btw, like 'th'. Southerners change 'th to 'v'.)

Archived