Aussies LXIII - Fear Inc

Stubby

Three things:

1) WTF Sydney. This is supposed to be summer?

2) Thank God for the Senate. Thank God for Lambie, Lazarus and whatever other nutcase we need to block reform that truly, completely deserves to be taken to an election.

3) I'm bored.

Three things:

Ok I've got no idea what you are complaining about this time, it is actually decently warm at the moment. If it's the storms in the afternoon....that IS summer. It just hasnt been the last few years!

I'd just like to take a moment to remind you, Sydney, that you are obligated to put on a decent summer. I know we haven't been the best of friends in the past, and I may have said some unkind things about you behind your back to other cities, but now that my parents live with you I'll be coming home to a Sydney Christmas straight out of Swiss winter. Now is the time to mend fences and show me how wrong I was about you. Please.

O wise oracle Horza, how long until we get a Cabinet reshuffle? Johnston is helpfully volunteering for the chopping block, shall we have General Morrison moving into defense or is Abbott too concerned about ensuring rivals suffer mishaps so they can't challenge him?

We can always try again for after Christmas?

Yeah that's always an option. But so far you, Karaddin, Horza, Screaming Turkey and Sh-Wulff seem to be keen for it (haven't heard back from BeeTrix yet). So you guys can go ahead and make plans. I might be able to join you, if things work out on my end. It's been a shitty two week at work, and will be full for another two by the looks of it.

Three things:

2) Thank God for the Senate. Thank God for Lambie, Lazarus and whatever other nutcase we need to block reform that truly, completely deserves to be taken to an election.

3) I'm bored.

I thought it was a good few days of nice warm weather? (atleast it was up here in newie anyway)

To think that the last awful senate election would be what saves us from this coalition government. Almost feel like taking back all the negative things i've said about the new senators, specially the PUP and indies....

I'd just like to take a moment to remind you, Sydney, that you are obligated to put on a decent summer. I know we haven't been the best of friends in the past, and I may have said some unkind things about you behind your back to other cities, but now that my parents live with you I'll be coming home to a Sydney Christmas straight out of Swiss winter. Now is the time to mend fences and show me how wrong I was about you. Please.

Haha, it will be fine. Don't listen to Paxter, he always whinges about it, like it never rained in Perth!

Let us know if you are keen for a meetup while you are around! We always look forward to meeting new boarders :)

O wise oracle Horza, how long until we get a Cabinet reshuffle? Johnston is helpfully volunteering for the chopping block, shall we have General Morrison moving into defense or is Abbott too concerned about ensuring rivals suffer mishaps so they can't challenge him?

I thought about answering this in riddles or emojis, but its a worknight.

HMAS Johnston seems to be springing leaks with every gentle wave, you'd think a scrapping is imminent. As to when, I'm no one's idea of a political strategist, but I'd guess sometime before the next sitting - new year, new team, that sort of thing.

As for our Lord Protector and Warden of the Timor Sea moving to Defence, if it happens I'd advise him to be very careful. Defence is an a elephant trap for hopefuls. In theory it's one of those 'apprenticeship' ministries like Treasury and DFAT, but the main job is trying to stay on speaking terms with the brass and hoping whatever massive multi-decade multi-billion dollar weapon system you just signed off on doesn't turn out to be a turkey.

Morrison isn't the worst candidate, he has experience working with the ADF on Operation Pacific Hellhole but his patent ambition and aggressive management style while qualities that have served him well as Immigration Minister might be his undoing working outside the media spotlight with powerful, entrenched institutions on their turf, on issues where he can't automatically count on the PM's Office to back him up.

Ok I've got no idea what you are complaining about this time, it is actually decently warm at the moment. If it's the storms in the afternoon....that IS summer. It just hasnt been the last few years!

Ha, this just proves my point that a New South Welshperson wouldn't know summer if it bit her in the backside.

For the unitiated, Australian summers should involve, on a highly consistent basis, sunny, clear, blazing hot days conducive to BBQs and the beach, and long, dry, bright days at the cricket. It should not feature the following: near constant overcast and hazy skies, frequent rainfall and extremely high humidity.

'Decently warm' does not a good summer make!

Jeezus.

Wtf are you on about, there has been lots of sun earlier in the day - I was dodging it to try avoid getting burnt. The storms are a sign of El Nino. Welcome to the semi tropical part of Sydney's climate.

The thing I like most about Sydney is that it has some excellent BwBers. The thing I hate most about Sydney is the humidity.

Yes!

Best weekend in a long time when we visited Sydney!

Archived