Aussies LXIII - Fear Inc

Stubby

Top marks to those of you who said Shahada flag. Paxter, see me after class.

Channel 7/Prime have been particularly bad. People who think there's such a thing as 'Islamic writing' have no business speculating on the situation.

Hey Horza, where do you think they were aiming for?

I think this was what they were after: it's a cafe in the closest thing Sydney CBD has a public square (not saying a lot), opposite Channel 7 headquarters and the Reserve Bank.

High profile, easy to take, CBD on lockdown, hostage drama ahoy.This is already the most high-profile terrorist action on Australian soil since the Hilton Bombing.

I think this was what they were after: it's a cafe in the closest thing Sydney CBD has a public square (not saying a lot), opposite Channel 7 headquarters and the Reserve Bank.

High profile, easy to take, CBD on lockdown, hostage drama ahoy.This is already the most high-profile terrorist action on Australian soil since the Hilton Bombing.

:agree: although Joe Siracusa's "deductive logic" would have us believe otherwise...

article from Sept.

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/australian-terror-raids-afp-asio-move-on-suspected-terrorists/story-fncynjr2-1227062204389

Commonwealth prosecutor Michael Allnutt alleged the plan to commit the act was designed to “shock, horrify, and terrify” the community.

“I don't think I’ve seen much worse,” he said.

“It’s been an immediate reaction to a clear, imperative danger. There is still an enormous amount of material for police to assess.”

Mr Azari’s appearance follows a series of raids across Sydney and Brisbane and allegations of a plot to behead an Australian and upload the act to social media.

The case was adjourned until November 13 and Mr Azari will remain in custody.

While the claims remain unconfirmed, it’s understood the plot involved abducting a random Australian, execute them by beheading in a public place, possibly Martin Place in Sydney’s CBD, and film the act and post on social media.

Except it's a hostage situation involving firearms and large numbers of people in a cafe, rather than an individual kidnapping and beheading with a toy sword. Martin place under the channel 7 studio is so blatantly the obvious place to do something like this, it doesn't imply a connection.

PM Abbott reportedly to hold a press conference.

To be honest I don't think he should be doing it. Only gives them more credibility and adds fuel to the fire.

It's also far too early to say anything.

Archived