Aussies LXIII - Fear Inc

Stubby

holy shit, I just saw a lot of shooting.

I can only speculate but I think police decided it was time to take the guy out.

I hope none of the hostages got hit, tons of paramedics rushing in

Lots of people carried away on stretchers, I dunno if that means they were hit or just stunned by the flash bangs and shit

holy shit, I just saw a lot of shooting.

I can only speculate but I think police decided it was time to take the guy out.

I hope none of the hostages got hit, tons of paramedics rushing in

Lots of people carried away on stretchers, I dunno if that means they were hit or just stunned by the flash bangs and shit

That was intense. Watching on ABC.com, they sent a bomb disposal unit in. I don't know about dead, only thing they've said on that was that two people required CPR.

This was going relatively well, it looked like they were going to wait him out. I wonder what triggered the rescue attempt. If 2 are dead, I assume one was a hostage, and my thoughts and prayers go out to their family, and to all the injured and their families, and all the hostages, who are likely to suffer from PTSD for some time, maybe forever.

If I was guessing I would say that with the escape of further hostages, the gunman felt he was losing control of the situation and decided to take some horrible actions.

Bomb disposal equipment and personnel on the scene. I hope this is over, but it may not be.

Thoughts with those whose loved ones are involved and, it seems, especially with those who have lost someone in this horrendous situation.

Saw some of the footage of the police storming the place. So many rumours flying about now. Wonder how CNN got their news when the aussies don't even release anything.

It's funny, CNN started blaming ABC for the report about 2 dead 3 injured. I've been watching ABC since the shooting, there's no way ABC reported that. Nothing's confirmed.

I haven't seen that confirmed, just some dodgy CNN and Prime reports.

It's funny, CNN starting blaming ABC for the report about 2 dead 3 injured. I've been watching ABC since the shooting, there's no way ABC reported that. Nothing's confirmed.

I saw it on whatever Australian station was being shown on ABC.com.

Oh fuck off.

It seems pretty fucking clear that beyond a clear case of mental instability we do not in fact know what this guys actual motivation was.

Can't wait until everyone starts questioning why a crazy man on charges of accessory to murder who has sent abusive letters to families of deceased soldiers was out on bail in the first place. I wouldn't want to be the judge who granted him bail right now.

Seriously sucks though, and just across the ditch too so its hitting a little too close to home, especially with our own crazies over here in NZ stirring crap.

Archived