Aussies LXIII - Fear Inc

Stubby

I agree with Gears in that I think he was just unprepared and said something a bit silly. He probably has the "carbon tax" answer for anything regarding his greatest achievement (the ideology that Stubby was referring to). So when he was asked about greatest achievement for women (and probably couldn't think of anything) he went to his canned answer without realising it made him look worse.

Well Dutton is off to a great start

In a Facebook post shortly before his swearing in at Government House in Canberra, Mr Dutton said tackling illegal motorcycle gangs was at the top of his to-do list.

"If you're an illegal bikie, if you're part of an outlaw motorcycle gang involved in organised criminal activity, you've just made it to the top of my list," Mr Dutton wrote. "Coming to Australia is a privilege and if you're coming here harming Australians, ripping off our welfare system, committing serious crimes, then you're at the top of my list for deporting."

I had no idea foreigners were predisposed to joining illegal motorcycle gangs in Australia. Looks like I only just managed to avoid that temptation when I visited last year. Phew!

You should put up warning posters in airports, I think.

The Liberal party, a gift that keeps on giving....

and now we are going to have a new leader for Labour in NSW. The time between the news reporting whisperings of a leadership spill to resignation was less than 12 hours!

Wow, NSW has got to have the two quickest resignations of party leaders in recent history (O'Farrell and now Robertson). Both of them over fairly minor but admittedly 'technical resignation' type of things (bottle of wine and a Monis letter).

Robertson has been largely invisible so maybe this will help the largely useless NSW Labor party get itself together.

3 months ago a switch to a new and good leader might have done it, but we are 3 months away now and it's happening during the Christmas dead cycle. The public are going to have as little an idea of who the new leader is as they did of the old one :p

I don't think it's either of those things, I think he had no idea what to say and ended up saying something stupid. He's basically just an idiot and didn't realise how bad that answer came off.

Eh, I just think he doesn't care. The portfolio doesn't interest him, he has no intention of doing anything with it, and "Carbon Tax!" is his catch-all solution for anything troubling.

Stop the Bikes.

Merry Christmas Everyone! :cheers:

I hope 2015 brings you everything you could wish for.

We're having a lazy day, we opted out of all the invites and are staying home (i feel like a kid wagging school!) Tom is home till the friday after New Year

• 2 weeks later...

Was back to work yesterday. Hated every second. Need a holiday!

I already got a head start to my NY resolution:

1) Get motorbike learners - DONE

2) Be a dick to someone from WA - DONE

3) Be a dick to someone from VIC - DONE

Outstanding resolutions:

4) Buy a motorbike

5) Apply for my passport (been outstanding for a few years now, but this is the year, I can feel it!)

6) Be a dick to someone from England

7) Play more Cricket

Unfortunately, the LIberal voter base is strong in Qld and they're going to be re-elected I think. However, they'll probably lose Ashgrove and Newman will be embarrassed and forced to switch electorates.

It was a well-timed, shrewd decision to call the election yesterday. The television channels are already flooded with Liberal party propaganda.

After getting some fairly speculative/dodgy info from some friends I decided it would be good to get an actual answer to this question: as of a few months ago I'm old enough to vote, as I have no inclination to vote I would rather not go to the effort of doing so. So, if I just never enrol to vote am I legally ok? Or can they still fine me for not voting?

Archived