Small Questions v. 10090

Rhaenys_Targaryen

@Bori

4th season defintely isn't safe.

Season 3 = first half 3rd book

Season 4 = second half 3rd book + some parts of book 4 and 5.

I'd even add: completely random stuff that HOPEFULLY wasn't from future books. If you can stop him, then he should definitely stay away from season 4.

But then even season 3... I'm pretty sure you've read all the books, but just in case, I'm putting it in spoiler tags:

there is a whole Theon arc, that is lamely - sorry, loosely based on the flashbacks we get in Dance. So, yes, I would also count that as spoilers (yeah, sure, we pretty much knew he wasn't dead, but you know. Also it ruins the pleasure of figuring out who Reek is a few lines in in his first chapter - there are so few things I guess on my first read before the reveal that I at least greatly enjoyed that, obvious as it was.)

@Roddy DaRwin:

Yeah :( Like the

Spoiler

White Walker scene where they take Craster's baby and what happens to him.
And that 'leader' of the Others. Think that's a major Winds of Winter spoiler
:(data-cke-saved-src="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png">

ETA

Yeah I've read all the books. Yes that's true. On one hand, that's a spoiler,
on the other hand, it DOES happen during book 3, we just don't get told until
book 5... I agree, it's more fun to figure it out by yourself.

do we ever see Roose Bolton's reaction to the news of Tywin's death? I can't remember reading about it

No, it is ill timing. No POV around to tell us. In ADWD 37 The Prince of Winterfell, Barbrey mentions Tywin's death:

"Lord Bolton aspires to more than mere lordship. Why not King of the North? Tywin Lannister is dead, the Kingslayer is maimed, the Imp is fled. The Lannisters are a spent force, and you were kind enough to rid him of the Starks. Old Walder Frey will not object to his fat little Walda becoming a queen. White Harbor might prove troublesome should Lord Wyman survive this coming battle ... but I am quite sure that he will not. No more than Stannis. Roose will remove both of them, as he removed the Young Wolf. Who else is there?"

... but it is all too late by then for us to learn Roose's reaction.

Without anyone actually answering this in details, or at all if possible,

may I inquire if any super fans have effectively figured out the possible ending, or have presented a theory that most agree with.. as a full end game...

but please don't say what....

2nd broad question... Can I ask what the over-all feeling is towards to the show by those that have finished the books (I've done two laps now and multiple character bios on the wikia pages). I like the show, but also find myself frustrated with the directions and choices... but I was wondering what the history was regarding the fans, did people like it at the start, but then begin to 'sway' a little as the show progressed. May I ask what Elio and Linda's thoughts are (their videos suggest they're growing more and more frustrated)

Without anyone actually answering this in details, or at all if possible,

may I inquire if any super fans have effectively figured out the possible ending, or have presented a theory that most agree with.. as a full end game...

but please don't say what....

2nd broad question... Can I ask what the over-all feeling is towards to the show by those that have finished the books (I've done two laps now and multiple character bios on the wikia pages). I like the show, but also find myself frustrated with the directions and choices... but I was wondering what the history was regarding the fans, did people like it at the start, but then begin to 'sway' a little as the show progressed. May I ask what Elio and Linda's thoughts are (their videos suggest they're growing more and more frustrated)

This is definitely the case with me. Season One was great, and it's been going downhill since then.

Many people agree with me, but I'm not going to generalize more than that or I'll get in trouble.

The show does have it's enthusiastic defenders on this board.

Is there anyone else who is having trouble opening long pages on the wiki? The page on House Targaryen (which I was working on) refuses to load.. I'm also missing links on the left side of the page (recent changes etc.), and the logo in the upper left corner.

Never mind! :D I figured it out.. I apparently broke the page, heh, but I figured out what I had done wrong, and I fixed it.

Archived