Book Release Delayed?

howdarkwepray

Amazon is confused by the fact that the publisher wants separate publication dates for the hardcover and the e-book edition.

The book is coming out in hardcover on October 28th in the U.S. and the U.K, no matter what Amazon says in its confusion.

Amazon is confused by the fact that the publisher wants separate publication dates for the hardcover and the e-book edition.

The book is coming out in hardcover on October 28th in the U.S. and the U.K, no matter what Amazon says in its confusion.

yayyyyyyyyyyy

It is kind of fun now this Amazon thing.. Today another email arrived with new date again - 5th of Nov.. its either Amazon getting old and stupid or HarperCollins not printing enough copies.

Its Amazon. Especially since there seems to be variation even among customers - I received another e-mail giving me the 28th again. They really seem to have made a monumental cock-up with this. And sending them an e-mail is no use either, they don't help

All this amazon email confusion is quite amusing to me. I ordered it from Barnes and Noble because, ya know, screw Amazon and its concentration-camp working conditions. My mother always guilts me about it - its a salient issue as she's a librarian. "If you're gonna be getting me books for Christmas again, don't you buy it from amazon!" "Yes, ma..."

And also in Germany. I just checked it out.

There still seem to be some problems, since Amazon delivers it at the 5th November, when one has overnight-express and an employee of Thalis (I phoned one bookstore) said it would come out in November.

Ah, I see.

Well, I can wait till Guy Fawkes Day actually.

FYI, I was at Target in Florida today and they had 3 copies on the shelf. So I decided to purchase it instead of waiting on my Amazon order. But while checking out, the register stopped the transaction and said the item could not be purchased until the street date of Oct. 19. So the manager apologized and said I can come back tomorrow to purchase the book.

So not sure if the official date is still Oct. 28 or if it got bumped up, but Target in the U.S. (at least mine) will be selling it for $35 starting tomorrow, Oct. 19.

The few minutes I spent with it in the aisle though I was very impressed. The quality and the content and the artwork is fantastic. Can't wait!

FYI, I was at Target in Florida today and they had 3 copies on the shelf. So I decided to purchase it instead of waiting on my Amazon order. But while checking out, the register stopped the transaction and said the item could not be purchased until the street date of Oct. 19. So the manager apologized and said I can come back tomorrow to purchase the book.

So not sure if the official date is still Oct. 28 or if it got bumped up, but Target in the U.S. (at least mine) will be selling it for $35 starting tomorrow, Oct. 19.

The few minutes I spent with it in the aisle though I was very impressed. The quality and the content and the artwork is fantastic. Can't wait!

*stares at wall*

Omg, what did you read?! :D What artwork?!

*stares at wall*

Omg, what did you read?! :D What artwork?!

Lol I really just randomly thumbed through it for 2-3 min. But it's 300+ pages of amazing history and artwork. Didn't really stop and read more than a few sentences...I had perfect intentions of taking it home to give it full attention until they snatched it away back to the stock room for the night!

I will say the cover is hard, but thick and spongy, with the logos kind of 3D embossed into it. And the introduction was given by someone who's name escapes me. But it was written from a Westeros character's perspective, I think.

Lol I really just randomly thumbed through it for 2-3 min. But it's 300+ pages of amazing history and artwork. Didn't really stop and read more than a few sentences...I had perfect intentions of taking it home to give it full attention until they snatched it away back to the stock room for the night!

I will say the cover is hard, but thick and spongy, with the logos kind of 3D embossed into it. And the introduction was given by someone who's name escapes me. But it was written from a Westeros character's perspective, I think.

Our Yendel chap, the maester.

3 minutes?! RANDOMLY?! You hurt my Euro heart. I can't travel to Florida, you see. :D

The prettiest of please - try to remember one tiny, tiny bit - before I ridiculously embarrass myself and start to beg or... threat to maim. :D

Archived