World Of Ice and Fire Book format

Lord Orys

Sorry if this has been covered already but I didn't see it if it has.

But my main question is, in what style will WOIAF be written? Will it be a novel (like ASOIAF) or will it be in the style of a history textbook with pictures and chapters dedicated to a certain topic?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

It will be a history book written by a maester, for King Robert, Joffrey, Tommen I. For an idea on what it will read like, read these preview pages ;) Do mind that this is preview, and thus not finished product. But I'm guessing the end product will be similar to this

Thank you! This is pretty much what I thought it would be but thanks for the info :bowdown:

It will be a history book written by a maester, for King Robert, Joffrey, Tommen I. For an idea on what it will read like, read these preview pages ;) Do mind that this is preview, and thus not finished product. But I'm guessing the end product will be similar to this

God that's beautiful. Is it October 28th yet?

Sort of off topic, but the Stark family tree is at page 310-311. The Dawn age is page 12 and the preface starts on page 9, so that shapes the book out a bit for us. Going by the contents page the book should be around 330 pages long.

Amazon says 335pgs. if I recall correctly. I would have been happier with twice that.

most of us would be

Indeed but it's a large book, and it's looks like quite a few words on each page. As much as I like artwork somehow I think there is gunna be a lot of one page picture spreads, so less words, only around 300 pages of words... It's still a lot though, and I'm more then happy with it!

Thanks! I hadn't seen those previews yet. Looks very nice. Can't wait to get mine on the 28th!

Speaking of formatting for the book, can Ran or someone tell us anything about how the kindle version will look? My local library isn't planning on ordering it anytime soon and for various reasons I am uninterested in having a big clunky book taking up space on my shelves. I know there will be a lot of art work that probably won't show up well, if at all, on the e-version. But what about the rest? Will the text be decent on a kindle? The family trees?

Speaking of formatting for the book, can Ran or someone tell us anything about how the kindle version will look? My local library isn't planning on ordering it anytime soon and for various reasons I am uninterested in having a big clunky book taking up space on my shelves. I know there will be a lot of art work that probably won't show up well, if at all, on the e-version. But what about the rest? Will the text be decent on a kindle? The family trees?

:eek:

It feels like a crime to be saying that. :lol: I probably don't have room for it either, but I'm getting it anyway. It's not that much more for the actual book, and it won't look good on a Kindle anyway (not compared to the magnificence that could be the book).

Now if only I can stop desiring the black cover.

:eek:

It feels like a crime to be saying that. :lol: I probably don't have room for it either, but I'm getting it anyway. It's not that much more for the actual book, and it won't look good on a Kindle anyway (not compared to the magnificence that could be the book).

Now if only I can stop desiring the black cover.

That black cover look so much better than the red one. I wish we had the option of selecting which cover we preferred.

That black cover look so much better than the red one. I wish we had the option of selecting which cover we preferred.

The red is absolutely fetching. :) Does the black have jacket?

I think we will see reviews in the upcoming weeks - and mayhaps be able to decide more firmly. Heck, even Ran could do that, or at least show the simmering fandom a few more photos.

The red is absolutely fetching. :) Does the black have jacket?

I think we will see reviews in the upcoming weeks - and mayhaps be able to decide more firmly. Heck, even Ran could do that, or at least show the simmering fandom a few more photos.

I took a couple of pics of the black cover here

(it's midway down)

Archived