COTF and Wildlings

DireNorthWolf

Brand new to posting here and can't find anything in the forums discussing this topic. The wildlings seems to have ancient knowledge of things past that humans deny (warging, Others, Giants, etc.) but there is no mention that they know the Children are still among them. Has this been explored?

Thanks. I guess based on the varied theories about the Children and their role to play, I was curious why they weren't included with Mance in the journey south. I assumed they either stayed hidden, refused to go, or were even working with Mance from afar. It's clear that magic protects their cave, but not as clear how they get out to get food, supplies, etc without allies.

Thanks. I guess based on the varied theories about the Children and their role to play, I was curious why they weren't included with Mance in the journey south. I assumed they either stayed hidden, refused to go, or were even working with Mance from afar. It's clear that magic protects their cave, but not as clear how they get out to get food, supplies, etc without allies.

That's an interesting question to ponder on.

The histories tell us that there were greenseers aswell as wood dancers among the CotF, so I guess the wood dancers are the warriors and probably the ones that would go hunting., based on the way Leaf moves quickly and her referring to Bloodraven as the Last Greenseer, then I would assume she is a wood dancer and there may be a few others amongst her.

Based on that I think it would be safe to say that her and the other wood dancers are the ones that go hunting, and that may be how they get their food.

I'm assuming the tunnels from that cave would go far and they could get some basic grubs etc for food there, but the books say their camouflage is for the woods, not snow. It would seem like they would be seen by the wildlings while hunting at some point as food is scarce there. A better explanation would be that the wildlings leave them food at the cave like Craster leaves babies for the Others.

[mod]

Once again, please read the first post on this forum before posting. This forum is for discussing the forthcoming book. Posts with general questions about Westeros need to be made in the apporpriate forum elsewhere.

[/mod]

Archived