Probably not feasible, but...

Stego

I'd love to see the White Book.

Yeah, the entire damn thing, or at very least the pages of the people we've heard of thus far. Such an addition would turn this book from "I need to buy it for my collection" into "Must read on release day at all costs!"

What are the chances, Ran?

The whole White Book would too much IMO... However, the pages of famous Lord Commanders or members would make an entertaining read (not to mention provide interesting background info).

Guest Other-in-law

The entire roster of the KG is way too much to ask for (for a rough comparison the US Supreme Court has had 110 members in just in 207 years), but a complete list of Lord Commanders with a little fleshing out might be feasible.

And maybe some more info on just a few of the more famous associate KG. "the Demon of Darry"? He sounds like a character!

We'll definitely suggest getting at least a couple of pages of the White Book (right now I'm envisioning seeing Barristan's and Jaime's on opposite pages), and if we can make those pages brand new (ARTHUR DAYNE!!!!), then I'm certainly all for it. ;)

I still want to make my own White Book, but I don't think I'm skilled enough, and finding someone to make a hand bound book on that scale?? Not very likely :(

And again, the commercial potential of this would be, well, naught.

I also was thinking about creating an online version of the

White Book.

I started a website dedicated to all the fighters in the books.

I starting re reading and writing down any information about

any fighter in the books.

I gave up after AGOT :D

Its one monumental task.

I also lost all my notes from the first book, so thats another

reason why i gave up :cry:

I agree with Ran that those two pages (at LEAST) should

be in the book, and then any others that are most popular

can be voted on.

The Young Lion

It's really up to GRRM which ones he's able to provide info for, so I don't see any voting. :) Unless, of course, he has enough info for a number, but we've only room for two or three, and he's willing to put it up to popular vote.

Looking over this thred how bout if we just got a White Book for Aerys' and Robert's kingsgurads rather than deep histroy ones which GRRM in all probablity hasn't fleshed out, it'd also give us a look at some of the best in Aerys' and the worst in Robert's. Also Jaime and Barristan are hold overs so that's only 12 pgs and if Jaime's only got a quarter page about him i doubt Ser Boros has his page filled yet :lol: . Maybe a few of the other real greats would be good two though like the Dragonknight, Serwyn and Raym Redwyne.

I don't think we'll be devoting that many pages to pages from the White Book. Still don't know if we're gonna get even one page. ;)

Realistically, I can't see more than, say, six as an outside. One or two are much likelier.

I thought it was pretty clear that the Kingsguard, in its present form, was the creation of the Targaryens.

As MM says, others kings no doubt had royal guards, and some may have had them in the particular form of a sworn brotherhood, though.

Archived