Outlander: Waiting for April [SPOILERS: First Season]

Veltigar

I just came to start a new thread. Thanks!

Here is a good website for updates: http://outlandertvnews.com/

And here is a short preview for the second half of the season: http://outlandertvnews.com/2014/09/first-preview-for-the-season-ones-second-half-of-outlander/

ETA: I just want to reiterate how annoyed I am at having to wait until April for the second half of the season. It's :bs:

ETA: I just want to reiterate how annoyed I am at having to wait until April for the second half of the season. It's :bs:

:bowdown: If you want to start a violent uprising, you have my full support!

This thread just reminded me that I need to cancel Starz....

Best protest against the season split that I can think off ;)

It's suppose to be a PREMIUM channel. This is why you pay for them so you get no commercials and no interruptions.

:bowdown: If you want to start a violent uprising, you have my full support!

I might have to take you up on that offer. :devil:

It's suppose to be a PREMIUM channel. This is why you pay for them so you get no commercials and no interruptions.

I might have to take you up on that offer. :devil:

Give me a moment to grab my pitchfork and light my torch :commie:

Give me a moment to grab my pitchfork and light my torch :commie:

Awww yeah! Starz you're going down! (at least until you reconsider and show the full season of the show....uninterrupted) :box:

I wasn't thinking of canceling Starz as a protest, more of a statement of use. We watched Outlander, caught up on White Queen, a few movies, otherwise it wasn't worth the price. We do the same with HBO around GoT and True Blood.

But, you make a good point, Veltigar. In a market where you have most cable shows showing entire seasons in a single block (or in the case of Netflix, the entire season made available on a single day), why split a season?

They do it for Walking Dead, but AMC isn't a pay channel. There's no way I'll hang on to a pay channel between the break. No incentive. I'll just add it back int he spring, or just wait until July and then watch the back 8 episodes on demand right before the premiere of season 2. If I wait six months, why not just wait a few more?

Maybe Starz will see the mass cancellation as a protest. :) Good.

• 2 weeks later...

Very lame. I just got caught up to episode 7 and was looking forward to this weekend and then I saw this thread.

Not a fan of the half season. If six months separates new episodes than its season 2 not 1b.

I have Starz for free currently so I won't drop the channel but I wouldn't pay for this type of service.

When I called to cancel Starz, the service rep said that a ton of people did the same thing. I made a comment that I'll be calling back in March to get HBO for GoT, ans she laughed and said a ton of people do that too.

Is this a new trend or just new to me since GoT is the first show that actually prompted me to get a premium cable channel?

• 1 month later...

I am oblivious to the things that people are bothered by as it concerns how/when shows air...which is not to say that I think these complaints are invalid. ...But I just kind of pay for cable and Netflix and amazon and watch whatever, whenever.... So I guess that people like me are the problem because I'm not tuned into when I'm being taken advantage of...

Which begs this question... would y'all rather pay a la carte for shows that you're interested in?... This message board is full of media savvy people who understand production, and cost... so whats the best way to go about watching TV in the 21st century?

• 1 month later...

This is a really nice article about the sex scenes:

This was a scene written by a woman (Gabaldon), adapted by a woman (Kenney) and directed by a woman (Anna Foerster). When women are in positions to make decisions and choices behind-the-scenes, you will often get to see something a little different on-screen...

I think a big part of what goes on here is that Jamie is a virgin, so, yes, this is as much about his sexual awakening as hers.... So even though this isn't Claire's first time, she is still, like Jamie, going through a journey through sex, as she realizes she is in love with him. This is both of their stories. There is something gentle about the sex here...

He is strong and macho, but also vulnerable and funny. It's rare for men to have this strength but also this humanity. So he gets to be that too, not just beautiful. Still, he was surrounded by women who were creating a scene thinking: This is what I would like to look at. This is what I would like to touch...

http://www.elle.com/culture/news/a25442/how-to-make-the-perfect-sex-scene/

Also a new trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdz_PtXrkwQ

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, we have even name for this period - Droughtlander. I had such chuckle when I have watched the video cast telling us what to do during it. And then, I felt such embarrassment regarding that video. :)

This is a really nice article about the sex scenes: http://www.elle.com/culture/news/a25442/how-to-make-the-perfect-sex-scene/Also a new trailer:

The first minute of the next episode (Jamie is the voiceover):

Thanks for sharing these. Can't wait until April.

P.S. I'm not sure how I feel about the Jaime voice over.

Archived