Sansa

MissMatchedEyes

Just a short rant...I am rereading GOT and watching the series again. It still really pisses me off that Sansa does not tell the truth of what happened with Arya, Joffrey and the butcher's boy especially when they proposed killing Lady.

I really hate her character throughout the series. I hope she does something to redeem herself.

I agree that Sansa's actions in aGOT are annoying...almost all of them.
But i don't think we can just hate her because of that...she's an extremely idealistic 11 year old girl, discovering the guy she has to marry is an assh*le and under A LOT of pressure.

Later books/seasons spoiler

As she grows up she gets more conscious and mature about everything. I look forward to learn more about her future.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates her. Granted, it is easy to forget how young she is in AGOT; but nonetheless, her whiney/bitchy motif is grating. Still wanting Joffrey after she knew what he was capable of, was the kicker for me; this was a girl that was going to manufacture her own reality, for better or worse (I probably put way too much stock in the Lady incident as well, but I choose to see it as a true character measure). It would be easy to see her killed off.

• 3 weeks later...

Let me pose this to you: WIth the Lady incident, Sansa told Ned what had happened afterwards while Arya was still missing, and yet when she was called to speak up he left her hanging instead of telling them what he had told her, or doing something to protect his 11 year old daughter from facing the King, Queen & Prince alone. It was a horrible situation and the adults handled the situation even more poorly than the children.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish she could have spun it just a little: Joffrey mistakenly thought Arya was being attacked by a commoner, so he bravely rushed in to defend her as a noble knight would do, but Nymeria mistakenly thought he was attacking Arya, and then Arya, being the hot-headed, thoughtless child that she is, threw the sword in the river.

Joffrey would have come out looking like a hero, with the scars to prove it, Arya an ungrateful little brat and the direwolves just might have been spared if King Robert felt that his son had acted bravely instead of cowardly.

But she is only 11, and that would have required some nimble thinking.

I wish she could have spun it just a little: Joffrey mistakenly thought Arya was being attacked by a commoner, so he bravely rushed in to defend her as a noble knight would do, but Nymeria mistakenly thought he was attacking Arya, and then Arya, being the hot-headed, thoughtless child that she is, threw the sword in the river.

Joffrey would have come out looking like a hero, with the scars to prove it, Arya an ungrateful little brat and the direwolves just might have been spared if King Robert felt that his son had acted bravely instead of cowardly.

But she is only 11, and that would have required some nimble thinking.

Nah. Cersei would have still insisted on the punishment, because Arya attacked the crown prince, even in the true version of the events. For Cersei, attacking the crown prince to defend a commoner is a major crime and an indefensible one (especially when the crown prince is her son). If she couldn't get Arya punished due to her station, she was always going to ask for a direwolf to be punished, and Robert didn't seem to care.

Just a short rant...I am rereading GOT and watching the series again. It still really pisses me off that Sansa does not tell the truth of what happened with Arya, Joffrey and the butcher's boy especially when they proposed killing Lady.

I really hate her character throughout the series. I hope she does something to redeem herself.

You hate an abused teenage girl who goes through all sorts of shit and grows a lot as a person for an incident where she didn't tell the truth about something when she was 11? Wow, you have high standards.

I'm guessing you absolutely hate every character in the series, since they've all done something shitty at some point, minus perhaps a couple of them. I can only imagine how you must feel about all those people in the story who have committed murder, rape, torture, selling people into slavery etc., especially those who were adults at the time of the crime!

You hate an abused teenage girl who goes through all sorts of shit and grows a lot as a person for an incident where she didn't tell the truth about something when she was 11? Wow, you have high standards.

I'm guessing you absolutely hate every character in the series, since they've all done something shitty at some point, minus perhaps a couple of them. I can only imagine how you must feel about all those people in the story who have committed murder, rape, torture, selling people into slavery etc., especially those who were adults at the time of the crime!

Wow! You're attacking people for their opinions of fictional characters? That's ridiculous.

Wow! You're attacking people for their opinions of fictional characters? That's ridiculous.

Wow! Someone disagrees with you about your opinions of fictional characters? That's ridiculous.

I guess I didn't realize that your purpose in announcing your opinions of fictional characters in a public forum was to only have people say "yes, I completely agree".

Wow! Someone disagrees with you about your opinions of fictional characters? That's ridiculous.

I guess I didn't realize that your purpose in announcing your opinions of fictional characters in a public forum was to only have people say "yes, I completely agree".

I could care less if anyone agrees or disagrees. Just making conversation. You sound pretty fired up about the fact that I dislike Sansa though. That's what's ridiculous.

I could care less if anyone agrees or disagrees. Just making conversation. You sound pretty fired up about the fact that I dislike Sansa though. That's what's ridiculous.

Sansa has been and will always be an opportunist. She wanted to please Joffrey so she lied. When she is threatened she made herself seem dumb and insignificant. I think she will turn out to be one of the most dangerous persons in Westeros to anyone who has wronged her and her family.

I thought you were having a "short rant" about how much you "really hate Sansa throughout the series". You seem really upset and fired up about me disagreeing with you, and you keep posting about it.

And then you claim you don't care either way, making another rant about me disagreeing with you. LOL That's what's hilarious.

I thought you were having a "short rant" about how much you "really hate Sansa throughout the series". You seem really upset and fired up about me disagreeing with you, and you keep posting about it.

And then you claim you don't care either way, making another rant about me disagreeing with you. LOL That's what's hilarious.

Not fired up at all! But thanks for the entertainment!

Sansa has been and will always be an opportunist. She wanted to please Joffrey so she lied. When she is threatened she made herself seem dumb and insignificant.

That's hilarious. The character who is defined by her dreamy romanticism and idealism and whose worldview is shaped by songs about chivalry, is someone you see as a person who "is an always will be an opportunist".

Either you have never read the books, or you really weren't paying attention. Even poor reading comprehension wouldn't explain it, since GRRM is really blatant about it.

Archived