Rob Stark is a bastard of Brandon & Catelyn (video theory)

mrlukeduke

Man, poor Cat and Ashara...always having walrus gestation periods on this forum.

One day someone is going to make a Grand Unified Theory of the 283 Babies, in which Gilly, Sam, Marg, Jon, Robb, Jeyne Westerling, Meera, and maybe Dany or the assumed Faegon are all either swapped around, bastards of unexpected candidates, or walking out of Lyanna's vagina. In fact, maybe they all did, and then Ned went hopping around Westeros like the Easter Bunny distributing them.

Once I saw a great piece of graffiti (slogan) on a wall, somewhere......

Damn! Forgotten what it was!

Probably something about crap theorists wasting everyone's time with crap theories. It's just a ploy to persuade themselves they're popular and must be on the button because of all the hits they're getting on YouTube.

I lasted 16 minutes, its totally crackpot, they are just reading WAY to much into things.

I mean, I have not seen or heard of an exact timeline, but I think you can say it would take Brandon maybe 10 days to ride from Riverrun to King's Landing. Then maybe 2 days before he is killed. Then a day or two for the raven to reach the Eyrie. Maybe a month for Ned to escape the Vale and get to Winterfell and maybe 2 weeks to call his banners, if not a full month. Then another 10-14 days to reach Riverrun for the marriage. That is maybe 2-4 months between Brandon leaving Cat and Ned marrying her. I do not think she could hide a pregnancy that long.

If someone has a better/more official timeline please share.

I can't believe I am even thinking about his but I would love to post a good timeline disproving their crackpot theory under their video.

Not sure whats up with this new concept of thinking if you put a nonsensical theory in a video format then people wont call bs on it. Someobdy making a video about this doesnt change the thread title just being wrong; ad i assume the same people who need to make a video instead of writing a few paragraphs are the same people who arent actually reading the books and just get all their info online/from hbo

Not sure whats up with this new concept of thinking if you put a nonsensical theory in a video format then people wont call bs on it. Someobdy making a video about this doesnt change the thread title just being wrong; ad i assume the same people who need to make a video instead of writing a few paragraphs are the same people who arent actually reading the books and just get all their info online/from hbo

If I hear one more theory about R+L= anybody other than Jon I am going puke.

In recent months Preston Jacobs has upped the ante on theory videos, even if some are a bit unrealistic, he has put forward well thought out ideas in a clear and intelligible way.

The problem that arises is that others think that they can do the same and search for ever more unique theories that only serve to massage their ego's in a patronising 'I know more than you' kind of way.

This theory falls into the latter and without being overly harsh on the guys who did the video- you're not up to it lads so there is no need to persist with looking for ways to showcase your self perceived vast knowledge.

I mean, I have not seen or heard of an exact timeline, but I think you can say it would take Brandon maybe 10 days to ride from Riverrun to King's Landing. Then maybe 2 days before he is killed. Then a day or two for the raven to reach the Eyrie. Maybe a month for Ned to escape the Vale and get to Winterfell and maybe 2 weeks to call his banners, if not a full month. Then another 10-14 days to reach Riverrun for the marriage. That is maybe 2-4 months between Brandon leaving Cat and Ned marrying her. I do not think she could hide a pregnancy that long.

I can't believe I am even thinking about his but I would love to post a good timeline disproving their crackpot theory under their video.

More like 3-4 weeks from Riverrun to KL. A week for the raven to reach Winterfell. Another 10-12 weeks for Rickard to arrive in KL. Another week until they are killed and the raven reaches the Eyrie. About three months until Ned arrives in Winterfell. Another three months until he leads his army to Riverrun and marries Cat.

About eleven months at least.

More like 3-4 weeks from Riverrun to KL. A week for the raven to reach Winterfell. Another 10-12 weeks for Rickard to arrive in KL. Another week until they are killed and the raven reaches the Eyrie. About three months until Ned arrives in Winterfell. Another three months until he leads his army to Riverrun and marries Cat.

About eleven months at least.

That seems a bit on the long end, I do not think it took Cat or Ned 2 1/2 to 3 months to reach King's Landing. But I did forget to add in Rickard's trip, so I think you could add maybe 2 months to my time frame for that and maybe another month to Ned's trip to Winterfell and collect his banners. Making it roughly 6-8 months. Unless you have some evidence to back up your numbers.

I lasted 16 minutes, its totally crackpot, they are just reading WAY to much into things.

Brandon had yet to reach Riverrun, meaning he was still somewhere between Riverrun and Winterfell.. It would take him a few weeks to get to KL. Rickard would follow within weeks as well.

They their trial, followed by Aerys' raven, which takes a few days to get to the Eyrie.

Followed by a couple of months where Ned goes to the North, calls his banners, and marches to the Riverlands. During that time, Robert Baratheon fights at Gulltown, takes ship to SE, calls his own banners. goes from SE to Summerhal to fight three battles in one day. Marches back to SE. March from SE to Ashford. Lose the battle there, causing him to start a flight of weeks or so, rather alone, into the Riverlands, a travel which is made difficult due to an injury he received at an unknown point in time.

Ned and Robert are united at the Battle of the Bells. Let it be clear that by then, we are months into the war, and months after Brandons death. Only after the Battle of the Bells is fought, Catelyn and Ned marry. Nine months later, Robb was born.

Brandon and Catelyn saw each other quite some time before Brandons death. When they last met, Brandon dueled LF, left Riverrun, went on an unknown "mission", which eventually caused him to pass Winterfell, where he picked up Rickard and 200 men for the wedding party. From Riverrun to Winterfell already takes weeks. A month, or close to a month.

So it seems safe to say that between Cat and Brandon seeing each other for the last time, and Robb´s birth, more than a year passes.

Dammit I spelt Robb wrong in the title – someone please edit it!

I quite enjoyed the video, even though I don't agree, y'all need to chill out that repressed internet rage.

You, as OP, can edit the title.. IIRC, you have to click More Reply Options in the lower right corner.

OH, so it's the same BS as in this thread from today?

I haven´t watched the video for this one, so I only know what´s in the title, but there was a lot wrong with the one you´ve linked.

Man, poor Cat and Ashara...always having walrus gestation periods on this forum.

One day someone is going to make a Grand Unified Theory of the 283 Babies, in which Gilly, Sam, Marg, Jon, Robb, Jeyne Westerling, Meera, and maybe Dany or the assumed Faegon are all either swapped around, bastards of unexpected candidates, or walking out of Lyanna's vagina. In fact, maybe they all did, and then Ned went hopping around Westeros like the Easter Bunny distributing them.

They were two busy girls, having all those babies... ^^

How could Brandon impregnated Catelyn if he wasn't even alive during the window of conception? Especially since Catelyn is positive that she was a virgin before her marriage to Ned and mentions it several times in her head.

Now I have a picture of ned in bunny ears with baskets of babies and choc bunnies surrounding him

Poor Ned. He is the true hero of ASOIAF. :laugh:

Archived