Dark Horse GOT figurines

Big Daddy

Anyone else buying these? These are the larger, non articulated figures that come with a base. They've released Jon, Dany, Drogo, Ned, Tyrion, Robb, Arya, and next week, Cersei, Jaime and a White Walker/Other.

Next March they are releasing Tywin Lannister, which looks pretty amazing. And though I never saw an announcement on it, Dark Horse's website shows that in April they are releasing Joffrey Baratheon!

I know a lot of you are getting the Funko Legacy figure line; I thought long and hard about it before committing to one line over the other. To me, articulation isn't a concern for me as I'm more about asthetics over points of articulation. These are larger and much better sculpted so I committed to this line and have never regretted it. My only concern was that I didn't want one line to put the other out of business and get several figures in and the line end. That doesn't appear to be the case as both lines will go on while the show is still hot.

Anyway, the actual point of this post, other than to give the Dark Horse GOT line a thread instead of posting in the Funko/Legacy threads, was to let you guys that ARE buying it know that Joffrey is coming in April after Tywin.

I'm with ya! I started out with the Dark Horse collection and don't regret it at all. They are perfect for display purposes and the quality is very impressive for pretty affordable pieces. I'm not getting all of them, just my favorite characters, but must admit the Joffrey and Tywin figures look great!

Tyrion is great. The Tywin looks like it might be the best one out of all of them from the pics I've seen.

See, I collect Lannister-related objects. I'm very happy about my Funko Legacy lim. ed. SDCC Tyrion.

And yeah, Tyrion looks great.

Have quite a few of these courtesy of Dark Horse. They'r really well made and sculpted, ad I agree, articulation isn't necessarily the end-all-and-be-all.

The Three Zero figures, of course, are something else entirely... but then there's cost to bear in mind. These manage the right balance between aesthetics, value, and price for your average fan who wants to collect something without it costing an arm and a leg.

The Three Zero line looks amazing from the Tyrion and Ned pics shown. That line will never be deep or as extensive as the DH or Funko lines, and they'll probably only cover the biggest characters. I'm going to buy Jon Snow from that line and leave it at that. I have the full size 1/6 scale Iron Throne and I'll probably put him in it.

Speaking of Jon, I found a solid plastic toy wolf that was in scale with the DH line and had it painted to look like Ghost with white hair and a red wash over the eyes. It came out wonderful and I'm thinking of finding scale wolves for the 5 Stark children.

• 3 months later...

If anyone is keeping track, the release dates are currently:

3/25: Tywin Lannister

4/1: Littlefinger

4/15 Joffrey Baratheon

6/10: Bran Stark/Hodor

Also, the is a full size statue of Brienne coming out in May, so she is probably going to be in the next batch of figures for the 6 in the last half of the year.

• 1 month later...

I have Jon, Daenerys, Ned and Jaime. I love this line but I am having trouble collecting it as I went all in on the Funko Pops. Besides budget, space is starting to become an issue as I used to collect a lot of other stuff before GoT entered my life, haha.

I would like to add Robb and maybe Tywin someday.

• 1 month later...

The next two figures from the Dark Horse line of GOT figurines were in Diamond's Previews ordering catalog last week. They are going to be Brienne of Tarth and the Hound. That gets us to 16 figures in total.

• 3 weeks later...

Just looking at The Dark Horse website and they have Sansa and Jorah up for release in September. There seems to be loads of these figures coming up for release this year!

Thank you! Just checked it out and the site has pictures of the figures and updated dates. Kind of surprised that they are going with Sansa as she's appearing on the show at the end of season 4 and into season 5. I would have thought they would have used innocent, victim Sansa. Good sculpt though, and perhaps this is how we'll all remember her after the book and tv show are long done. Jorah looks great as well.

And that gets us to 18 figurines in this line. Glad this line is alive and kicking!

Archived