Dark Horse GOT figurines

Big Daddy

22 hours ago, hatbar said:

Brilliant! Stannis looks really good. I finally succumbed and bought the Greyworm figure because I am a completist and he fills a nice gap right at the back of my collection! 

Buying Greyworm was a hard one for me to choke down too. Like you, the only reason I got him was to be a completest. No point having every one BUT him.

15 hours ago, r2d2 said:

Stannis!! Wohooooo

It's odd, but he is the first one they've done from House Baratheon. I know Joffrey TECHNICALLY counts, but...come ON.

The way the show advertises in the credits the struggle between the four main houses (Lannister, Stark, Baratheon, and Targaryen) you'd think they would have done Robert Renly or Stannis by now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/18/2016 at 8:26 PM, Big Daddy said:

So:

#23 is Varys on June 1st.

#24 is the Night King on September 14th.

#25 is Stannis on September 28th.

All three of these look like great sculpts in the pics. However, how you gonna make Night King and not have him in that iconic "Come at me, bro!" arms out pose from Hardhome? I know they make a bust of him in that pose, but I ain't got $130 for that!

The Dark Horse solicits for October just came out. And with them, the info for GOT figurine #26. I'm...scratching my head on this one. They passed over Theon, Robert or, well...pretty much anyone:

Game of Thrones: Son of the Harpy Figure
On sale Oct 26
$24.99
The Sons of the Harpy is an underground insurgency group composed of former slaves who are fighting the rule of Daenerys Targaryen over Meereen, composed of former slavers. They take their name from the harpy, the heraldic symbol of the slave masters in the Ghiscari cities of Slaver's Bay. They conceal their identities by wearing golden masks with horned faces resembling harpies.
Our detailed figure represents one of the many Sons of the Harpy seen on HBO's adaptation of Game of Thrones

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:26 PM, Big Daddy said:

So:

#23 is Varys on June 1st.

#24 is the Night King on September 14th.

#25 is Stannis on September 28th.

All 3 of these look great! I'm really excited to get Stannis, he is one of my favorite characters.

Here is a look at my Dark Horse GOT collection (my card collection is also in this video).

• 1 month later...

That's an awesome video!! But my gods that music is grating after a while! Thanks for sharing with us, I love how they're arranged.

That Dany and Drogon model - I know it's a smaller version of the statue, but is it in scale with the other Dark Horse figures? I'd love a Drogon and a more recent Dany to go with my figures, and this would tick both boxes. There's one on eBay UK for £66, is this a good price? I suspect it is?

While I'm posting, I'll just add that I've been buying all these as they've come out, and I'm only missing Ygritte, Night King, Jorah, Grey Worm, Harpy, Stannis and Melisandre when they're all out. Anyone know if there's any more in the works?

In my opinion, among the countless characters they could do, the must-haves for me include Robert Baratheon, Catelyn Stark, Davos Seaworth, Ghost, Samwell Tarly, Tormund Giantsbane, Olenna Tyrell, Ramsey Bolton, Theon Greyjoy, and possibly Roose Bolton, Walder Frey, Euron and Yara Greyjoy.

I'd love to get some house sigils of some sort to display with groups of family members, but haven't seen anything that takes my fancy yet.

To be honest, I don't think all the figures within the line are at the same scale. I was noticing this recently after getting the Night King figure and I was looking across the various ones we've received from Dark Horse. The most obvious example is if you sit Jorah next to Oberyn (which is how we have them arranged ATM) and Oberyn looks positively huge beside him. Though on further consideration the issue might be that Jorah, for whatever reason, is especially small.

For comparison, Google says Iain Glen is 1.85m and Pascal is 1.8m.

All that said, the Dany and Drogon miniature statue does seem to have a Dany of comparable size to their previous Dany.

• 3 weeks later...

You are right about the scale being a wee bit inconsistent Ran. I have all 24 that Dark Horse has put out and have them open on a display. Oberyn is the worst offender being too big. If it wasn't for him I really wouldn't notice; but now that you mentioned it I can't unsee it. Sandor and Brienne probably aren't tall enough. The Night King could be taller. And Jorah could be a bit bigger. Overall they are close, but Oberyn sticks out.

Archived