Dark Horse GOT figurines

Big Daddy

So I got the Ghost figure from Culturefly on eBay for around £30, and he goes perfectly with Jon. Was interested in the mini Dany with Drogon statuette but she looks tiny in a video I've seen, not in scale with the figures?

Still hoping we get Melisandre and Tormund, and then new figures like Sam, Theon etc, maybe some new ones will be shown at SDCC?

Any gaps I think I'll plug with Eaglemoss figures. They're small but look good. Collectors of that line are also worried about its future, as they are about to hit 60 issues with no promise of an extension. Apparently Eaglemoss are keen to do more, but it's HBO who are being a problem. I wonder if it's the same case with these figures? Why wouldn't HBO want a continuous income of GOT merchandise? I'm still buying Lord of the Rings statues 14 years after ROTK came out!

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, Jons_Ghost said:

So I got the Ghost figure from Culturefly on eBay for around £30, and he goes perfectly with Jon. Was interested in the mini Dany with Drogon statuette but she looks tiny in a video I've seen, not in scale with the figures?

Still hoping we get Melisandre and Tormund, and then new figures like Sam, Theon etc, maybe some new ones will be shown at SDCC?

Any gaps I think I'll plug with Eaglemoss figures. They're small but look good. Collectors of that line are also worried about its future, as they are about to hit 60 issues with no promise of an extension. Apparently Eaglemoss are keen to do more, but it's HBO who are being a problem. I wonder if it's the same case with these figures? Why wouldn't HBO want a continuous income of GOT merchandise? I'm still buying Lord of the Rings statues 14 years after ROTK came out!

That's a good question. It's the same question I have with the minis.

• 4 weeks later...

So Dark Horse have now got their own collectible website, darkhorsedirect. Supposedly to sell their stuff direct, and in limited editions, the first of which is Tormund Giantsbane. So does this mean he won't be available from anywhere else, like my local shop? And does it also mean the line isn't dead yet?

• 3 weeks later...

I just checked t out and they dramatically upped the price! All this time, the typical retail at comic stores has been $24.99. Now cutting out the middle man, instead of being cheaper DH s asking for $40 a pop!

I buy 1/6 scale horse and rider statues from Weta for around that price.... no idea how big this is in comparison, but statue collecting certainly ain't cheap these days.

Fortunately I've been sticking to this line for GOT. We have the new Dany and Tyrion in my local store, and Tyrion is amazing. The likeness is brilliant and much better than the original. May buy that one.

• 5 months later...

Archived