New York Comic-Con

Werthead

I'll be at the NYC Comic Con on Thursday for the GoT panel with Kristian Nairn and Daniel Portman, along with some of the Wikia team. It's at 1.30-2.30pm on Empire Stage 1-E.

Anyone else attending the con? It looks like quite a huge event, although the GoT-related stuff outside of the panel is fairly light.

To answer your question, I won't be going to any of the con, as tickets are fully sold out. In the past I've been able to grab a free ticket for the first day since I'm a teacher, but even those disappeared quickly this year.

I will also be at NYCC. I was actually quite pleased with the GoT-related content this year. Besides Kristian and Daniel's panel on Thursday there are 2 relevant panels on Sunday: "Dothraki 101" with David Peterson and "How A Game of Thrones Changed Fantasy...or Did it?"

I am unable to attend. Good luck at the panel, Werthead, and I hope it proceeds without incident, i.e. I'm not really sure what anyone can tell audience members who have questions like "What's the Tysha situation?" (even Benioff and Weiss waffled through that at the end of SDCC's panel), or "has Arianne Martell been cut or not?", "what's going on with the ironborn"? etc. etc.

I *do* wonder if anyone has ever explained to Kristian Nairn that there's a running theory that Hodor is Duncan the Tall's great-grandson, and a second cousin of Brienne. He's a real sport and I hope panels he's on don't always devolve into every third question being "say 'hodor' again!" ...that must get old for him.

Ah good, I watched the live-stream. It turns out that Kristian Nairn is indeed aware of the theory that Hodor is a descendant of Ser Duncan the Tall -- or at least, one of the other panelists said it was one of his favorite theories then turned to Nairn...who then shrugged and said he doesn't know. Unsurprising: logically, I kind of doubt even Hodor ever knew - it was a long time ago, and if true, Hodor's grandparent was illegitimate so I doubt they talked about it. And if Hodor doesn't know, the writers wouldn't have told Nairn.

You know, right at the beginning they say "no Season 5 spoilers", yet someone asked about Lady Stoneheart anyway. The panelists did the right thing and refused to answer.

I was there for all 4 days. I got locked out of the panel (too many people) but I got to meet Daniel and Kristian. They were very nice. I also missed the AGOT Fantasy Author Panel but managed to catch the authors at their book signing. There is too much to do and see and so many things conflict. A crazy, fun weekend for sure though!

Archived