Twin Peaks is coming back

Fez

1) I really don't think Lynch intended his narrative to end the way season 2 ended.

Do you mean that he didn't intend it to end in that particular way, or that he didn't intend it there? If you know what I mean ...

Hmm. Do we have to be vague and use spoiler text for a series that's, well, 25 years old?

Audrey is the best! Yes, she starts off as kind of an anti-heroine. You have to admit that her performance in front of all the (Swedish? can't remember) business guys was hilarious, even if it was black humor.

But she's so brave, and so devoted. What a great character.

1) Do you mean that he didn't intend it to end in that particular way, or that he didn't intend it there? If you know what I mean ...

2) Hmm. Do we have to be vague and use spoiler text for a series that's, well, 25 years old?

1) There

2) I vote NO

Please do use spoiler tags. The new series will be causing a lot of people who never saw the original to seek it out.

I have never understood why people act as though spoiler tags are some great burden laid upon them. They are not that fucking hard to use and they are not very disruptive at all.

I have never understood why people act as though spoiler tags are some great burden laid upon them.

Is that what I was doing? I don't think it's out of the question to wonder if it's necessary to use spoiler tags when discussing a series which qualifies for classic car status. Well, anyway, thanks for being shitty about it.

Samalander - Right on, I was just curious because I've heard that there was intense studio meddling going on during the second season. I didn't know if ... that particular ending was actually Lynch's intent, or if he was told to do it. Still, what an ending, I still get shivers.

Is that what I was doing? I don't think it's out of the question to wonder if it's necessary to use spoiler tags when discussing a series which qualifies for classic car status. Well, anyway, thanks for being shitty about it.

I also vote for the free option to use or not spoiler tags. I mean, why someone who never watched the show would go to a discussion board about it? Not only it's been a very, very long time since it aired, but because the third season of TP will be a sequence, not a spin off or something like that.

I also vote for the free option to use or not spoiler tags. I mean, why someone who never watched the show would go to a discussion board about it? Not only it's been a very, very long time since it aired, but because the third season of TP will be a sequence, not a spin off or something like that.

The show is almost 25 years old, which means a lot of people will only have seen it in its entirety if they explicitly sought it out at some point, it's not something everyone is just following on a weekly basis. The fact that the story will be continued in the near future makes it even more important to stick to the established spoiler policies: a lot of people might get interested in picking up the show now and might be checking out the thread to get a general sense of other people's opinion on it, but will have the reasonable expectation that major mysteries won't be spoiled for them.

If you don't want to use spoiler tags, start a thread that is explicitly marked as containing spoilers.

I wonder how members of the original cast managed this last quarter of the century. I know how Kyle MacLachlan looks like these days of course, but some of them I haven't seen since Fire Walk With Me. I'm a bit afraid what they look like today may come as a shock.

There will be a novel coming out next year by the show’s co-creator, Mark Frost: The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks

The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks reveals what has happened to the people of that iconic fictional town since we last saw them twenty-five years ago and offers a deeper glimpse into the central mystery that was only touched on by the original series.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/114540-the-books-coming-out-in-2015/page-5#entry6355315

Archived