Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maester AZ

Would you bend the knee to Stannis?

If you were a wildling, would you bend the knee to Stannis or refuse and return to the land Beyond-The-Wall and continue to fight the good fight? I'd like to think I wouldn't bend the knee, but if I actually had to make the decision, I would probably bend the knee.

The main reason the wildlings came south and attacked the wall in the first place is that they were fleeing from the Others, so yeah I probably would. I'm not messing with those cold SOBs.

Why not? It's not like you will be his slave, whipped and serve him 24/7... You just need take him as your king, and go live your life.

Better that than facing cold, lack of food and nasty White Walkers.

Would I bend the knee it Stannis?

Well, if I thought he was going to have my head lopped off, or my ass thrown in a fire, I am sure I would :)

I think I'd just bow to the Lord Commander when I'm paying my taxes whilst setting up my little hut of a home in The Gift (which belongs to the Night's Watch, not to the 7 Kingdoms).

Wow I haven't been on here in quite a while. I was bored when I started this thread, and it's interesting reading everyone's opinions on a question I posted out of sheer boredom.

If the options are feign loyalty or face an army of zombies and evil elf monsters...yeah sure "all hail R'hllor and the one true king Stannis". But if he makes me fight in the war...I'm suppperrrr busy

I'd thank Stannis for letting us through the wall, pet Ghost on the head, listen to Tormund's bear/giant stories again, and convince Val to join me in Dorne.

stannis is a puppet for the magic that has returned with the birth of the dragons...in other words

bow to the magic, not the man.

eta: because it sounds better this way... :smoking: