Volumes

Simon

I was just wondering that since this book will be published before the entire series is done, there would be another volume of the book once the entire series is complete.

I also just thought a cool idea would be to include a poster/banner type timeline of major events throughout history that had a significant impact. Character biographies would be really cool, also if they had ages or birthdates attached to them, the complex geneology of the series would possibly be greatly simplified.

Anyway, that's my two cents, I'm really looking forward to this book, thank you and congratulations for making it happen!

Of course there will be a revised edition, how else to snooker us for even more cash?

You have to realize, Ran is very diabolical and evil. Check the BwB Worldcon photos if you don't believe me.

More seriously, with the relatively high demand for such products (IOW, just enough that it'll get done), it's inevitable that the book will be produced before the series is complete. Is this good or bad? I don't know, but as long as it's better done than the WOT version, I'll at least be satisfied. Not that that's a high benchmark, but it is an example of something that many fans wanted, but yet were unsatisfied with.

The only major problem I had with the Big White Book was the really lame art. The actual text was okay. A lot more historical information on things like the Trolloc Wars and the War of the Second Dragon were revealed, and we got maps (not very good ones, but still) of the whole planet and the Seanchan and Sharan continents. I predict that the ASoIaF one will still be vastly superior, of course.

Well yeah, there should be at least two volumes to cover the whole series. In a similar way that there sould be another Art of ASOIAF volume.

The only way it could make sense to keep it as one reference is to wait until Martin finishes the entire story....and who knows how long that will be :unsure: ?

I think a revised/expanded edition, rather than a "real" second volume, is likelier. But who knows?

If many, many copies are bought, I think Bantam in its wisdom would certainly want to sell yet more copies of a new edition or even a brand new volume. ;)

Archived