Daily Facts of Ice and Fire

Does this publisher even has permission to do this?!?

Also regarding the details Aegon being 27 when he conquered the 7 kingdoms makes me think he was sterile even more.

27 years is a long time not to sire any children.

Then it only happens when one of your wives has other suitors and one uses black magic?

A bit funny that the whole Targ line might not actually have any of the First Dragons blood actually in it (his sisters don't count).

I doubt his conquest was a spur of a moment thing and I wouldn't want kids with me if I was at war, so there is another reason. Most parents I know (including my own) only had kids in their 30s. But the theory is still perfectly reasonable.

My personal guess is that either Aerion or Valaena, or both, opposed Aegon's idea to marry both his sisters, which, in turn, could have provoked Aegon into refusing to marry at all. Since we don't know yet when and how Aerion/Valaena died, it would be entirely possible that Aegon married his sisters only shortly before the Conquest. There is no reason to believe that the Targaryen siblings were married to each other in their teens, after all.

Another possibility would be that both Rhaenys and Visenya had to deal with the monstrosity syndrome (i.e. they were pregnant from time to time, but lost the children prematurely or gave birth to monstrosities). Just because we don't know this yet, does not mean that it happened. Considering that Aegon I is the biggest Targaryen hero out there, the historians may have hushed those things.

Cool!!! Thanks for doing this! :D :D :D

Aegon Targaryen conquered the Seven Kingdoms at

the age of 27 #precocious

- Look at your life, Twentysomethings. Look at your choices.

I'm still young...

/gathers people to conquers South America!!!!

No, really. He had dragons. I mean, that gives you around five years of advantage, like, we're fine if we're around 32... oh, my age! see? no problemo!

Ellyn Reyne tried to seduce Tytos Lannister, but he was so intimidated, he couldn't perform and fled

:lmao:

No, no - pavilion. :D Don't look it up!

Besides, it sounds like a permanent exhibition so it's probably a part of Dreadfort.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. Isn't a pavilion one of those big tent structures that lords sleep in while traveling?

"Apparently the Pink Pavilion is made from the flayed skin of 100 Sistermen!" 09/10/14

Wouldn't that make for an... inferior pavilion? Human skin is not as tough as canvas and would not wear as well. (Or are Sistermen especially thick skinned, making them more suitable than, say, Ryswells or Dustins for applications such as this?)

The line about the Pink Pavilion could come from a history about the Rape of the Three Sisters. I'd be surprised if we get all that much about the present-day Boltons or their hidden treasures. In the main series, even the present Starks are not sure what's fact and what's fiction when thinking about the Boltons. Most likely because Roose and his forebears all played nice and quiet for centuries, and thus the modern day Starks are no longer able to see the truth behind the legends...

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. Isn't a pavilion one of those big tent structures that lords sleep in while traveling?

I mean- pavilion cannot be untied from pink. Pink tent is so boring. :) PP all the way!

(I do wonder how useful/sustainable is this type of pavilion, though. That's why I suggested a more permanent solution of exhibition at Dreadfort.)

Maybe there's a office Pink Pavilion and this is the Sistermen edition? :D Use it once, then onwards and upwards to new sources of skin. :D

In addition, though he might have already been married to Visenya for some time, it sounds from description from SSM that he did not much like to spend time with her. Combined with his travels, that can explain why they only had one child, and rather late.

As to his marriage to Rhaenys, that might have occured just shortly before the Conquest began. So there would only have been time to have children after the war was done.

And Aegon was 25 when the war of Conquest began, and 27 when it ended.. Edmure Tully is late 20ties/early 30ties, and is only now expecting his first child.. For a male, not having children yet at such an age does not sound like something out of the ordinary to me.

Well, he might have bastards that we don't know of. Catelyn says she wouldn't be surprised if she found out Edmure had fathered a dozen bastards.

Archived