Daily Facts of Ice and Fire

Only 16 days left now :) Still, I'm very glad we're already getting some daily teases :)

Well we are supposed to be, but the twitter account isn't to keen on updating itself. Other French twitters have had updates, such as the Lazhareen being vegetarian, the Braavosii staying hidden for 400 years, and stuff we knew, such as the Royce's having bronze rune protective armour and the Arsenal of Braavos being able to build a ship in one day. However these facts should be taken with salt (I think that is what people say when something is to be believed cautiously), besides to last two which we know to be true.

Well we are supposed to be, but the twitter account isn't to keen on updating itself. Other French twitters have had updates, such as the Lhazareen being vegetarian, the Braavosii staying hidden for 400 years, and stuff we knew, such as the Royce's having bronze rune protective armour and the Arsenal of Braavos being able to build a ship in one day. However these facts should be taken with salt (I think that is what people say when something is to be believed cautiously), besides to last two which we know to be true.

We didn't know that :wub:

Even I don't remember that the Lhazareen are vegetarian. I'd have to check ;-).

Anyway, take those 'facts' with a grain of salt in any case. The people choosing them apparently don't necessarily check the context, and could thus give us rumors or theories Maester Yandel chronicles as fact (e.g. the Cannibal being one of Rhaenyra's dragons).

"Find riders to master Silverwing, Vermithor, and Seasmoke, and we will have nine dragons against Aegon's four. Mount and fly their wild kin...

Rhaenyra counted the wild dragons on her seat as being hers. Reasonably so, since the hope existed of taming and finding riders for them at the point in time of the war's outset.

Yeah, but one could deduce from the fact that Rhaenyra actually had some Black dragonseed claim the Cannibal, and from what we learned from TPatQ this seems very unlikely. We don't learn what happened to the Cannibal in the end yet, but the story as we have it does not suggest that he was ridden by a Black during Rhaenyra's life time - the Cannibal was still a wild dragon when Sunfyre killed Grey Ghost and people blamed him for the kill, and the later portions of the story taking place on Dragonstone also do not mention the Cannibal or his rider.

If another Black dragonseed Targaryen prince(ss) had claimed the Cannibal while Rhaenyra was still alive, Aegon II most likely would have not been able to conquer Dragonstone (or would not have found people so eager to support him).

But on a general level it makes sense to count the wild dragons among Rhaenyra's dragons since the Blacks were in control of the island for most of the war, and thus also controlled the access to the wild dragons.

"Find riders to master Silverwing, Vermithor, and Seasmoke, and we will have nine dragons against Aegon's four. Mount and fly their wild kin...

So which side should we account Silverwing and Vermithor to? Rhaenyra, because at first they fought for her, or Aegon as they defected to his side at the Treasons of Tumbleton?

I think it is a lot more accurate to only account a dragon to his rider and to no one else.

Wasn't Cannibal a big black dragon? So obviously the "blacks" would claim him.

On the subject of those who didn't accomplish much in their 20s: If I'd had dragons then you'd all be bending the knee :D

As to Aegons fertility...I saw an article a few years ago about how men shouldn't hold laptop computers in their laps because the heat can reduce sperm count. Now just imagine actually sitting on a dragon and what that might do to a man's fertility. Of course he had magic Targ blood so maybe that doesn't matter. He could have had heat-resistant sperm.

Just as there is in "The Princess and the Queen", there's a count of the dragons the two sides have against one another. In that count, at the start of the war, Rhaenyra included the wild dragons.

As to Aegons fertility...I saw an article a few years ago about how men shouldn't hold laptop computers in their laps because the heat can reduce sperm count. Now just imagine actually sitting on a dragon and what that might do to a man's fertility. Of course he had magic Targ blood so maybe that doesn't matter. He could have had heat-resistant sperm.

lol, that's my theory. And IICR, I think we already mentioned somewhere that Targ's little soldiers mobilized via tiny little dragons :(

(but in a serious note, I think it's because Rhaenys had other lovers and Visenya didn't actually like him. So, they both took Moon Tea).

Where is *copypaste* Bayasabhad located? :)

(gets out maps)

It's the southernmost of the three cities in the eastern foothills of the Bone Mountains. It's a bit west of the southern end of the Great Sand Sea (that big ol' honkin' depression/canyon feature just east of the Bone Mountains.)

• Maegor the Cruel killed his wife Tyanna, cut her heart out with Blackfyre and threw it to the dogs! (That sword causes nothing but trouble....)

Queen Rhaenyra possessed 15 dragons, including one named the Cannibal

Apparently the Pink Pavilion is made from the flayed skin of 100 Sistermen!

Women in Bayasabhad defend the city due to a belief that only those who give life can take it.

The Lhazareen raise sheep, but are vegetarians.

The 15th dragon was apparently the as-yet-unnamed fourth one to survive (which I'm betting was hatched from Rhaena of Pentos's eggs in the Eyrie). They wouldn't count the Green dragons they captured in the fall of King's Landing, there were three of those.

Archived