What Are You Listening To XVI: Don't Stop The Music

King Tyrion I

James - Pleased To Meet You

Florence and the Machine - Dog Days Are Over

Manic Street Preachers - Judge Yr'self

Frank Black & Teenage Fanclub - The Man Who Was Too Loud

:D I love the White Stripes! One of the best shows I ever went to. Saw them in 2005 (I think) in Boston, went by myself since none of my friends liked them, had a seat in literally the last row in the building and it was still awesome. Although I was heavily opiated, so that probably helped too, but it was a really great show.

I did have a ticket to see the White Stripes in London, I forget exactly when it was but probably not that long after you saw them. Unfortunately, it got cancelled due to Meg White being ill, they subsequently split up without ever touring Britain again. However, I recently saw Jack White play a solo show, at the same venue the White Stripes were meant to be play, he did mention during it that he was sorry they had to cancel the show all those years ago and was glad he could finally make it there. It was a good show with a nice balance of his solo work, White Stripes songs and Raconteurs songs (it may be a minority opinion but I think The Raconteurs are my favourite thing White's been in).

Terry Brooks - seasons something or other

Seasons of Shannara?

(I think you probably mean Terry Jacks' Seasons in the Sun)

I did have a ticket to see the White Stripes in London, I forget exactly when it was but probably not that long after you saw them. Unfortunately, it got cancelled due to Meg White being ill, they subsequently split up without ever touring Britain again. However, I recently saw Jack White play a solo show, at the same venue the White Stripes were meant to be play, he did mention during it that he was sorry they had to cancel the show all those years ago and was glad he could finally make it there. It was a good show with a nice balance of his solo work, White Stripes songs and Raconteurs songs (it may be a minority opinion but I think The Raconteurs are my favourite thing White's been in).

I love the Raconteurs too, Broken Boy Soldiers is a fantastic album. I saw the Dead Weather live in like 2010 or 2011 and they were pretty good too.

I love the Raconteurs too, Broken Boy Soldiers is a fantastic album.

I think Steady As She Goes probably got the second-biggest reaction from the crowd after Seven Nation Army

I saw the Dead Weather live in like 2010 or 2011 and they were pretty good too.

Although I like White's other bands I've not been all that keen on what I've heard of The Dead Weather, but admittedly I haven't listened to them much I'm not sure I've really given them a proper chance.

Although I like White's other bands I've not been all that keen on what I've heard of The Dead Weather, but admittedly I haven't listened to them much I'm not sure I've really given them a proper chance.

Honestly, I had never even heard them before I went to the show. My brother-in-law won tickets via radio call-in and he knew I was a Jack White fan so he asked me to go. They had some cool sounding stuff, and a lot of kinda generic sounding stuff. Definitely not on the same level as the White Stripes or Raconteurs though.

R.E.M. - Man On The Moon

Lush - Light From A Dead Star

The Killers - Romeo and Juliet

The Levellers - Julie

M83 - Outro

Great picks, every single one. I can't stop listening to M83's Raconte-Moi Une Histoire. But that's probably because the kid reminds me of my daughter.

Archived