Bakker XXX: A Dark and Seminal Work

Sci-2

When Akka meets the Skin Eaters and eventually puts together that Incariol is an Erratic, he reflects on just how ancient the Nonman must be, and at some point he thinks to himself As Old as the Tusk.

Readers could have already pieced together timeline things, but could this have been a very subtle hint from the author about the Tusk coming from the Inchies? As in, an Erratic must be as old as the Tusk because the womb plague and the Tusk came at roughly the same time in history as in BIG HINT THE TUSK CAME FROM THE INCHIES?

But here is the problem, assuming that this is an actual clue (I'm not sure), something like this can only be caught in hindsight. Imagine if Bakker had not given us that revelation in the interview, and someone had used the above quote to theorize that the Tusk was made by the Inchoroi, chances are we'd all be laughing at them.
If these are the kind of clues that Bakker has been using then it's no small wonder that no one knows "where the story is going." (Supposedly)

But here is the problem, assuming that this is an actual clue (I'm not sure), something like this can only be caught in hindsight. Imagine if Bakker had not given us that revelation in the interview, and someone had used the above quote to theorize that the Tusk was made by the Inchoroi, chances are we'd all be laughing at them.

If these are the kind of clues that Bakker has been using then it's no small wonder that no one knows "where the story is going." (Supposedly)

Well Madness knows, and that ain't fair! But, I get exactly what your saying. Every theory I've seen, seems like they are reaching a little too much. But, like you said there has to be some subtle clues somewhere as to where this story is going. And no, if Bakker didn't tell us that, it would seem as tinfoil for someone to make that claim, because there is nothing else to back it up.

Also, from another current thread: “Bakker XXX: Fantasy Semen Nutella”.

Fixed that for 'ya.

You guys ruined me.

Just a question - did Bakker reveal what was that text that Kellhus read at the end of TDTCB about which he says to Serwe 'that many men shed tear reading it'. I find it curious, so I'd like to know.

Just a question - did Bakker reveal what was that text that Kellhus read at the end of TDTCB about which he says to Serwe 'that many men shed tear reading it'. I find it curious, so I'd like to know.

Can you tell me exactly where this happens or the quote?

For the record I was referring to what he said on TSA forum,

there were little guesses. But no... no one knows where he's going with this... mostly because again it would have been impossible to predict how he uses all the pieces he's established throughout the series.

Pertinent snippet from Madness on TSA forum:

"Mithfanion posts by Calibander at Westeros and has registered here following Bakker's blog about my having read the Unmentionable (Bakker's been cited many times as suggesting that Mithfanion has the closest speculative vision to what happens in the series overall)."

Archived