Bakker XXX: A Dark and Seminal Work

Sci-2

It's still useful to have a lot to pick from. If you exterminate too often you will lose genes that are useful but not instantly recognisable as useful, You also run the risk of fixing an allele that may prove a setback further down the breeding program.

Put it this way, when I'm mutating flies, as part of my research, I make sure that I start with as many as is practical to increase my chances of getting the end result. It's also good to have some spares in case something kills them. There's nothing worse than having the single fly with the mutation you want and it dies before passing its genes on. You also make damn sure you have quite a few of them in reserve as you don't want to start from scratch again.

ok but the exponential growth formula is still inapplicable. Put it this way, if you mutated flies for 120 generations, you would still cull them to the point that they would not be growing anywhere near the average drosophila population growth rate in nature, right? Because then you'd probably have trillions of them.

We just get the flashbacks with characters that have names like Pragma Megon or whatever, and the Pragma is a title, so he they could just be Anasurimbor Megon or what have you.

Actually, there is another Pragma who's only called 'Uän' in TWP, but the glossary calls him 'Uän, Samarmau'. I've just realized that Kellhus probably named Samarmas after this guy.

Actually, there is another Pragma who's only called 'Uän' in TWP, but the glossary calls him 'Uän, Samarmau'. I've just realized that Kellhus probably named Samarmas after this guy.

I've been wondering for a long time where Samarmas's name came from, and that must be it. All that leaves is Theliopa...is it known where her name came from?

I've been wondering for a long time where Samarmas's name came from, and that must be it. All that leaves is Theliopa...is it known where her name came from?

wait was the famous twin dead guy from antiquity not named something like Samarmas?

That one was called Huormomas. I also assumed until now that Samarmas was called after him, but Samarmau is much closer, and there is something about the one kid who seemingly didn't get Dunyain traits being named after an actual Dunyain. And of course there is the whole Samarmas is the secret voice thing.

As for Theliopa, I tried looking through the names on the wiki before but nothing matches. Maybe Kellhus called her after his mother or a female Dunyain.

Pragma Jeükal - Senior brethren of the Dûnyain
Pragma Meigon - Senior brethren of the Dûnyain
Pragma Uän - Senior brethren of the Dûnyain

From an old, old post, I dragged over from ZTS.

EDIT: I didn't think to check the glossary for them?

Uän, Samarmau (4001- )—One of the Dûnyain Pragma.

Meigon (4002- )—A member of the Dûnyain Pragma.

I can't find anything on Jeükal in the glossary but his full name is Kessriga Jeükal, as listed in TDTCB, chapter 17.

That one was called Huormomas. I also assumed until now that Samarmas was called after him, but Samarmau is much closer, and there is something about the one kid who seemingly didn't get Dunyain traits being named after an actual Dunyain. And of course there is the whole Samarmas is the secret voice thing.

As for Theliopa, I tried looking through the names on the wiki before but nothing matches. Maybe Kellhus called her after his mother or a female Dunyain.

Randomly I decided to trying looking up a prefix and suffix to trying to see if perhaps the name Theliopa was a compound (I don't know, it just seemed like it would be a Greek compound to me).

First result for "Theli" yields the following:

In the Sepher Yetzirah, Samael or Satan is also called Theli, (Hebrew) meaning The Dragon. This is the initiatory force of darkness, wherein the Fallen Angel, Ahriman, or Satan enters the coils of Leviathan to empower and exist as an immortal spirit, although as a Druj or Lie, changes continually which can be compared to the symbolism of the motion of the serpent.

The mystery of Theli as the Dragon is found in taking away merely one Hebraic letter, Th being Tau,

which adds to 400 which leaves LI which equals 40 being Mem, referring to Water. To enter the Coils of Leviathan, the possibility of spiritual immortality and the mastery of the flesh while living, calls to the distinction between mere ‘ritualism’ and actual “Adepthood” by entering the Waters of the Subconscious. Leviathan is an essential aspect of initiation, until the Spirit enters the coils of Leviathan, then the Dragon awakens completely. The Grimoire of Awakening is found in these very pages, the Qlippoth itself.

Coincidence? References to Dragons and Water, very odd. No idea if it is significant though.

EDIT: Found this too:

Theli:

(Or ThLi, Thele, Teli, TLI, Tali) is the name of the great fish-like dragon according to the Sefer Yetzirah of Hebrew mythology. It is said to hold its tail in its mouth, and it is constantly seeking a way to gain entry into heaven. His whole body envelopes the universe. This Serpent sounds similar to the Ouroboros. (See also under "O").

Their is definitely going to be something happening with Theliopa in TUC. She always gave me the creeps.

I think Theli is more dangerous than she lets on. I mean she's a super genius, but goes out of her way to seem like an imbecile socially. I don't doubt some of that is genuine, but you can hide a lot of crap in the gaudy shit she wears...

IIRC, the last we see her is when she talks to Kel about hiding or running off right? I'm with you Sci she is putting on a show. My speculation is that she will be vital in the defense of the city from the Fanim. Wow, its been so long since I've read the books I can't remember the name of the city.

Also, with regards to speculation on TUC, I've got to think there is going to be some huge reveal with Dunyain/Seswatha/Consult. I feel like these three are connected in some way. I get this itchy feeling that Seswatha went over to the Consult. I don't know why, just can see these Mandate dream's as being false/twisted in some way. And I think we're on the verge of this being revealed to Akka in his dreams.

I know it goes against everything we know, I'm just waiting on a huge twist to this story. And its either gonna be with Seswatha or Dunyain/Kellhus.

Also, with regards to speculation on TUC, I've got to think there is going to be some huge reveal with Dunyain/Seswatha/Consult.

I think there are going to be major reveals on all these fronts, however, I don't think Seswatha joined the Consult.

If I had to come up with an outlandish crackpot of my own, I'd say that the Consult is only a red herring.

I think there are going to be major reveals on all these fronts, however, I don't think Seswatha joined the Consult.

If I had to come up with an outlandish crackpot of my own, I'd say that the Consult is only a red herring.

I said it was an itchy feeling, not coming up with an outlandish crackpot.

Archived