Bakker XXX: A Dark and Seminal Work

Sci-2

Return to my idea that God is an Ouroboros, a being whose very nature is [what] allows it total comprehension of all things...which happen to be its body/mind (for God there is no mind-body distinction). This is why paradox - the serpent eating its own tail via self-reference - is the key to the Chorae [and proof of a soul].

No-God is the serpent forced to let go of its tail, the mind that cannot comprehend itself and so must ask "What am I?". In the same way Kellhus is said to the be Ur-Soul, the No-God is an avatar every mortal's state b/c we're all blind to TDTCB, which is why the No-god cries out "I cannot see".

I have little evidence though someone did ask Bakker if the No-God had to do with our epistemtic ignorance (maybe specifically wrt to our own thoughts?), to which Bakker replied the asker was very perceptive.

I really like this.

On Sci's theory...

Before the incident in WLW with the skin spy, had we seen any suggestion about soulless entities not being able to perceive paradoxes? I mean explicitly like was the case there?

And is the No-God therefore a soulless being or a being whose soul was effectively stripped away? It's an angel of endless hunger that keeps trying to feed off the thing it essentially lacks?

Maybe Kellhus is wandering the camp with Sarcellus? Although I'm pretty sure he just notes the irregularities of facial muscles and speech.

On Sci's theory...

Before the incident in WLW with the skin spy, had we seen any suggestion about soulless entities not being able to perceive paradoxes? I mean explicitly like was the case there?

And is the No-God therefore a soulless being or a being whose soul was effectively stripped away? It's an angel of endless hunger that keeps trying to feed off the thing it essentially lacks?

Well the way I see it is the No-God isn't like the skin-spies, nor does it have it's soul stripped away. It's sorta like an inversion of the God, the "cosmic consciousness" dragged into the Inward's frame of linear time. The God has gnosis of Itself, as an Ouroboros encompassing time.

The No-God attempts to reach that same, remembered perfection but cannot. It can only reflect upon reflection upon reflection, trying to reach the perfect View from Nowhere but this in not achievable in linear time. No way for it pierce TDTCB, and so it continually confessed its blindness.

What it's hoping for is the summation of viewpoints from other shards of the God might make up for this lack, hence it continually beg-demands to know what everyone around it sees.

I think this soul-blindness is foreshadowed by the eyes growing on hearts, and the horror this brings about.

Nice sci, and it makes sense that empty vessels like sranc et al that are outside the ouroboros of the god are vehicles by which the no god tries to construct his ouroboros of himself.

Brainfart today:

Fire is light

The inverse of light is dark

The Inverse Fire is the Darkness That Comes Before.

I've heard something about "Bakker's antics", could anyone aware me on this?

I think you mean Bakker's antiques? If so that's just a collection of miniatures and action figures left over from the world of Eärwa. You know Inchoroi phalluses, heads covered in fulligin fluids, whore's shells, wathi dolls, vagaënis, etc... I believe Madness should be able to tell you more.

Nice sci, and it makes sense that empty vessels like sranc et al that are outside the ouroboros of the god are vehicles by which the no god tries to construct his ouroboros of himself.

Good point. This might also be where the dragon/chorae thing comes in. Dragons were far greater beings than Sranc or Bashrag - guessing being Mog-Pharau's glove puppets likely didn't sit well with them.

I wonder if they were under Cants of Compulsion, seeing as they had little stake in the wars otherwise. They weren't motivated by lust, as their template is not the Inchies but Wutteat. As they have no souls they need not fear damnation.

Akka even notes them as being lazy and content to live away from mortals when not compelled by the No-God.

I wonder if they were under Cants of Compulsion, seeing as they had little stake in the wars otherwise. They weren't motivated by lust, as their template is not the Inchies but Wutteat. As they have no souls they need not fear damnation.

Cants of Compulsion don't work on soulless beings, right?

It swirls down.

I'd wondered if the cat has a POV, whether it was an example of a besouled animal.

someone should reread and see if Tabby apprehends a paradox.

ETA: just had a thought. Wonder if we can find a paradox in a TBCD chapter with the Empress lady. Can finally put a nail in the coffin of the timing of the takeover of her by the skin spy.

ETA2: check out this Esmi POV musing that I now take as foreshadowing that Akka is Mimara's father despite that I can't figure out how the timeline works.

This had been no small revelation. Before realizing this, she had feared she was falling in love with Sarcellus. And for a short time, the love she bore Achamian had actually seemed a lie, the infatuation of a cloistered girl for a worldly man. While she marvelled at the comfort she felt in Sarcelluss embrace, she found herself pondering the desperation of her feelings for Achamian. The one seemed right and the other wrong. Should not love feel right?

No, she had realized. The Gods punished such love with horrors.

With dead daughters.

I think you mean Bakker's antiques? If so that's just a collection of miniatures and action figures left over from the world of Eärwa. You know Inchoroi phalluses, heads covered in fulligin fluids, whore's shells, wathi dolls, vagaënis, etc... I believe Madness should be able to tell you more.

I recently bid on the limited edition Terra Earwa Fleshlight w/ real Chia-grass

I've heard something about "Bakker's antics", could anyone aware me on this?

Bakker got into an online slapfight with the blogger Requires Only That You Hate, in which he proved himself utterly incapable of just ignoring the commentary and letting go, bless his heart. Peter Watts even got involved.

Bakker got into an online slapfight with the blogger Requires Only That You Hate, in which he proved himself utterly incapable of just ignoring the commentary and letting go, bless his heart. Peter Watts even got involved.

Depends on whether such groups ever get political clout. If they never do, I guess it's fair to ignore them unless it's highschool related.

Archived