Rhaella

Marcus Agrippa

We don't have a lot of information on her. Compling what we have-

1. Her father was Jaenerys II

2. She fell in love and had a passionate relationship with Ser Bonifer Hastey

3. She had given birth the Rhaegar at summerhall- the meaning of this can be considered unknown

4. Duncan her uncle died at the same event (and Aerys uncle)

5. Her and Aerys never were on good terms- she was beat and abused - note:after Duskendale

6. She avoided aerys for a while- viserys was born 15 years after and her final child born in 284- Daenerys

7. Her death happened before Stannis Reached Dragonstone- nothing is known about her body

I find that number 1. is important, We don't how long the relationship went on. He Joined Stannis which was interesting. I wonder if he has a part to play with Daenerys.

She fell in love with Ser Bonifer but we don't know that they had "a passionate relationship." Given his equating her with the Maid, I'd say that one never got very far physically.

Rhaegar's being born at Summerhall is more a meaning for Rhaegar. But I find it interesting that she and Rhaegar survived when so many others in the family died. I suppose moving them would have been a top priority since their line was to produce TDtwP though.

Most of her family died at that event, not just Uncle Dunc. Rhaegar felt bad about having been born that day and in that place.

We do not know that she and Aerys were never on good terms. We know neither of them wanted the marriage, but Aerys didn't go nutso until later in their lives. As far as we know, he was self-centered but not a bad guy prior to Duskendale. It was only at that point that he started losing it, and gaining his fascination with wildfire. So while we know that the last several years of their marriage Rhaella suffered a great deal (she even tried to keep Viserys away from Aerys as much as possible) we have no reason to suspect that the early years were bad. Or that the reason for the kids' births being so far apart had anything to do with that. It's possible, and in fact, likely that there were miscarriages, maybe even stillbirths in the intervening years. And even if Aerys didn't visit his wife's bed often, that still does not necessarily indicate that the marriage was abusive at that point.

Duskendale took place sometime between 276 AC and 279 AC. Viserys was born in 274 or 275 AC. So Aerys was not crazy yet. The gap between Rhaegar and Viserys could have other reasons than Rhaella avoiding her husband. Aerys died in 283. We don't know the year he and Rhaella were married but we can say with certainty that he was only crazy for a maximum of 7 years, while they were together for at least 25 years (Aerys year of death minus Rhaegar's year of birth, minus one for the pregnancy).

You're absolutely right on that last point. The tradition for Targaryens is burning the body. Likely her servants would have wanted to do that before Stannis arrived, fearing some potential desecration of her body by the enemy. Whether they could find enough dry wood to build a decent pyre after that whopper of a storm is a question though.

You're absolutely right on that last point. The tradition for Targaryens is burning the body. Likely her servants would have wanted to do that before Stannis arrived, fearing some potential desecration of her body by the enemy. Whether they could find enough dry wood to build a decent pyre after that whopper of a storm is a question though.

Willem Darry was with them, so, I suppose he made sure she would have the greatest and proper honours. After all, she was a Queen.

Had a passionate relationship? I don't think that it was in the books but maybe I misremember.

They had:

"Ser Bonifer and Princess Rhaella Targaryen were infatuated with one another prior to the princess's official betrothal to her brother, Prince Aerys.[6] According to Ser Barristan Selmy, Ser Bonifer once wore the princess's favor in a tourney in which he defeated all challengers to name Rhaella his Queen of Love and Beauty"

Giving a knight your favour and crowning a lady QoLaB is pretty much foreplay for these people.

(I'm quoting wiki only because I don't have the books in english at hand, but yes, Barristan tells that to Dany)

I was talking more about second base and beyond. Anyway is that Lemore Martell in your av with JonCon?

Looks like they never had a physical relationship, if that's what you mean. Maybe one or two kisses but nothing beyond that. Of course, it's my personal opinion. I just don't want to start another thread of "maybe Dany is Bonifer's daughter!".

(it's Ashara of the Thousand Children)

Looks like they never had a physical relationship, if that's what you mean. Maybe one or two kisses but nothing beyond that. Of course, it's my personal opinion. I just don't want to start another thread of "maybe Dany is Bonifer's daughter!".

(it's Ashara of the Thousand Children)

Yes I was thinking that passionate relationship is sexual-physical relationship.

Oh Ash! You should had them dansing ToHstyle.

You messed up again. Rhaella and Aerys are sister and brother, sons of Jaehaerys I, whose siblings were Duncan, some other kid and Rhaelle, grandmother of Stannis, Robert and Renly. They were kids of Egg.

Rhaella and Aerys were the children of Jaehaerys II, not Jaehaerys I ;)

And to the OP, you mistyped.. Daenerys was born in 284AC, not 184AC. :)

And I actually made a print-screen of your avatar to see what was on the sign that JonCon is carrying xD

O! no no no I wasn't going for that. The only person who even had a shot was Rhaegar and I assumed Aerys and her despite not being excited about each other did their duty. So that was out of the question. I was just trying to keep it direct family and avoid the Stannis relationship since it was probably nothing. Stannis doesn't tell any storys about her. Ser Bonifer was mentioned for a reason. Ser Bonifer I think my have a part to play with her or Jon down the line by bringing them the faith. He is in a good postion to do so. I find it interesting he is at Harrenhal of all places.

Back to Rhaella- her body might be a part of something- I doubt it. It was most likely burned. I just find it interesting that they wouldn't bring up what happened to it. The little things in this book. Maybe Daenerys might get one of those "deaths"- that would be a terrible ending to her arch not knowing if she would live or died or if she died in child birth. Clarity Statement: I mean one or the other- if she gives birth before she dies her body wouldn't just disappear or if Drogon were to get shot down and her fate is left as unknown.

Viserys- I picked the earliest possible date. I don't know how important it is. I mean It might changed we viewed him between 24 and 25 but at that point the physical changes are small.

I might have assumed that her and Aerys were uninterested in each other.

Definitly at Summerhal, hence his strengthened believe earlier that he was the promised prince himself - the smoke from the fire, and the salt from those who mourned (born admidst smoke and salt).

Well that certainly strengthens my theory (Rhaegar was AAR, Lyanna Nissa Nissa, and Jon Snow Lightbringer).

Well that certainly strengthens my theory (Rhaegar was AAR, Lyanna Nissa Nissa, and Jon Snow Lightbringer).

You know its a possibility. Maybe Jon is just a weapon. I mean he fits the prophecy but he doesn't fit the literal meaning of the prince that was promised. Jon wasn't promised anything- yet anyway. It seems so odd to kill the prince before the story however. I mean hell it would be the biggest twist in literature- the weapon is more important then the person who wields it. Along side the two others I read about a bunch of people or about Jaime which would be annoying but acceptable in some strange way.

The being said Jon Snow has almost everything pointing at him so far.

5. Her and Aerys never were on good terms- she was beat and abused - note:after Duskendale

I wouldn't say never, but simply Barristan said there was no fondness between her and Aerys in their marriage. Their bad marriage turned worse when Aerys's madness increased to the point she slept in a separate bed. Dany was conceived the night Rhaella was brutally raped by her brother-husband.

Lady Joanna Lannister and the Princess of Dorne (the mother of Doran, Oberyn and Elia) were her ladies-in-waiting, and given that Joanna and the Princess of Dorne remained lifelong friends, the same might be said for their relationship with Rhaella.

Archived