NFL 2014 Week 6: Silence of the Rams

Jace, Extat

They could - but who would trade for him knowing that? Why would you put yourself on the hook for 30m when you could just sign the guy after the Hawks cut him? No sensible GM would ever make that trade.

Basically you're pretty well hosed. If you put out feelers for a trade on a contract that you have to exercise, you're basically wanting to get something for them. This is what happened with Sproles, for instance - Sproles got almost nothing despite being such a rock star because the Saints were either going to trade him or cut him. Harvin's the same way.

Seems like they kind of got hosed in this deal dependent upon the conditional pick, plus they've hamstrung their offense to some degree for the rest of the season. Not sure I'd take this option over the one you outlined.

ETA: It looks like Harvin decided to just not show up for practice Wednesday. It's starting to sound like he may have just forced their hand regarding this.

Latest wave of injuries imo torpedoes the 9ers 'stay afloat until stars return' hope. Willis and Iupati now added to out list already featuring several All-Pro players, and now all 5 cbs on roster injured; top 3 questionable, next 2 probable. So D is rolling with 6-7 non-starters, and a bunch of back- ups and rookies playing hurt...against Peyton Manning, in Denver? All told about half our starting team is not playing, and 9ers.com guy said some of the guys who will play would normally sit but sheer body count is calling for unusual demands. In our 2 areas of strength, OL and LB corps alone, we're missing 5 All-Pros. Wtf.

No chance this week, and imo could get really ugly. If it does, that plus off week could light the fuse on all this locker room shit.

Latest wave of injuries imo torpedoes the 9ers 'stay afloat until stars return' hope. Willis and Iupati now added to out list already featuring several All-Pro players, and now all 5 cbs on roster injured; top 3 questionable, next 2 probable. So D is rolling with 6-7 non-starters, and a bunch of back- ups and rookies playing hurt...against Peyton Manning, in Denver? All told about half our starting team is not playing, and 9ers.com guy said some of the guys who will play would normally sit but sheer body count is calling for unusual demands. In our 2 areas of strength, OL and LB corps alone, we're missing 5 All-Pros. Wtf.

No chance this week, and imo could get really ugly. If it does, that plus off week could light the fuse on all this locker room shit.

Can't say I like their chances, but no chance is a bit extreme, methinks.

You know it's another classic NFL trade where the team who is out of the playoff race gets better now and the contending team gets cap space and draft picks. Wait, what?

I will say, Percy Harvin is one of the few players in the NFL with the kind of electric physical gifts that leap off the screen. The jet sweep was one of the most unstoppable plays I've seen all year by any team. And now he can run it with the Jets! Except knowing the Jets they'll probably just turn it into the wildcat. Still I do feel like there were more diverse ways a weapon like Percy Harvin could be deployed than what the Seahawks were doing.

It's also crazy how Percy Harvin's career is tracking like a poor man's Randy Moss. What is it with Vikings WRs? I'm waiting for the next PFT blurb that Cordarelle Patterson has been throwing coffee in teammates faces the last couple years.

Apparently Harvin was beating dudes up. According to Roto, Lynch flipped out and almost boycotted the bus trip to the airport.

Interesting, and I just read that Percy refused to go in late in their loss to the Cowboys. And Lynch is defending this malignancy in the Seahawk locker room? Niner Nation rejoice!!!

Interesting, and I just read that Percy refused to go in late in their loss to the Cowboys. And Lynch is defending this malignancy in the Seahawk locker room? Niner Nation rejoice!!!

Potential imploding? Maybe. All I know is that the Seahawks don't want to finish in third place in that division. The Cardinals saw where that got them last year.

I'm gonna hope that Idzik isn't trying to compete now, and just thought that the price was right for getting Harvin now in preparation for next year.

Yeah, seems to me they got a pretty sweet deal. Some reports say it's a 6th rounder that could become a 4th rounder conditionally. If that's the case, this was a steal for the Jets.

I'm gonna hope that Idzik isn't trying to compete now, and just thought that the price was right for getting Harvin now in preparation for next year.

Honestly for the Jets I think it's a worthwhile gamble. They haven't had a great offensive weapon since Curtis Martin. Decker's decent but building a good offense requires more than that.

The question is how they'll get Harvin to work in a team system when the Vikings and Seahawks couldn't. Probably not, but hey when you're already at the bottom, why not take a gamble? What's he gonna do, mess up the culture that got the Jets to 1-6? And maybe being traded for nothing will be a wake up call. They can always hope anyway.

The Seahawks are the ones getting burned in this. This is just an attempt to buy low by the Jets.

Mexal, I have a deal to offer if you're interested:

If the Colts win, I get to lord it over you for all of eternity. And if the Bengals win, you'll be the bigger man and never mention it.

What do you say? ;)

So according to PFT, Seattle proposed to Denver a straight up trade of Percy Harvin for Julius Thomas. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/19/report-seahawks-proposed-a-harvin-for-julius-thomas-trade-to-denver/

That might be a worse offer than the standard fantasy football "I'll trade you my 5th best running back for your #1 quarterback, that's a fair deal for both of us!!!" trade that gets offered every week. :p

Mexal, I have a deal to offer if you're interested:

If the Colts win, I get to lord it over you for all of eternity. And if the Bengals win, you'll be the bigger man and never mention it.

What do you say? ;)

Sure.

Burfict is going to end his career if he keeps tackling with his helmet. Bengals are now down their starting three LBs from week 1.

So according to PFT, Seattle proposed to Denver a straight up trade of Percy Harvin for Julius Thomas. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/19/report-seahawks-proposed-a-harvin-for-julius-thomas-trade-to-denver/

That might be a worse offer than the standard fantasy football "I'll trade you my 5th best running back for your #1 quarterback, that's a fair deal for both of us!!!" trade that gets offered every week. :P

I want to react like 'well, they gotta ask, right?' But I'm having a difficult time imagining that Elway answered that call with anything but "Ha! Wait, are you serious?"

Archived