Guess The Owner - Vol.7

RhaenysBee

Mark?

So in my role as the Gyro Gearloose of games I just got another game idea and was wondering what you guys would think because it would be best played with a group like this that knows each other well.

It would be a game of imitating each other's writing style then trying to guess.

- only players that volunteer for the abuse and teasing and are willing to see themselves and their style imitated (and lightly mocked) will be the subject of entries.

- one player will be host. She/he may be the subject of an entry, but will not make an entry him or herself.

- the host assigns each player the name of a fellow player. You then write a sentence or two in the style or of the subject matter of the person you've been given. So if for example, you were lucky enough to draw GMM - you'd write something about tuna in your bathroom (or whatever ;) ). The players pm these sentences to the host. At the deadline the host posts the sentences without attribution - just numbered.

- players try to identify who the sentence is supposed to be by and pm their answers to the host.

- Players get a point for every correct guess they made and for every correct guess of their own entry. we could have an extra category for funniest/wittiest entry as well.

- some guidelines might have to be applied to what is or isn't appropriate. Like those of us who have kids/spouses/parents that talk about them on TTTNE might prefer they be left out.

Does that make sense? Sound like fun?

All wrong .

I'm not in and I'm not out quite yet, HC , seems to have rough edges . And of course it could (it will) hurt some feelings .

Eta: not necessarily saying it's a bad idea and I'd like it to work and play but I'd like more safe guards to keep it from getting inflammatory and hurting people ,because let's face it , the bottom line of this game is to "insult" people without actually "insulting" them . It's pretty blurry. I need it to be clearer.

All wrong .

I'm not in and I'm not out quite yet, HC , seems to have rough edges . And of course it could (it will) hurt some feelings .

Eta: not necessarily saying it's a bad idea and I'd like it to work and play but I'd like more safe guards to keep it from getting inflammatory and hurting people ,because let's face it , the bottom line of this game is to "insult" people without actually "insulting" them . It's pretty blurry. I need it to be clearer.

Yes and no.

I'd call it "lovingly mock" each other - we are spamily afterall. Or you could say it is holding a mirror up to your friend(s) so they can see how you see them. Something we all try to do, I believe, is see how others see us. Self awareness it is.

And nobody gets involved unless they want to.

You are all such gentle folk, I'm not worried about being offended. I kinda want to see what sort of jokes you would make about me. :)

Its also something of a test of how closely you pay attention to each other's spam.

Yes and no.

I'd call it "lovingly mock" each other - we are spamily afterall. Or you could say it is holding a mirror up to your friend(s) so they can see how you see them. Something we all try to do, I believe, is see how others see us. Self awareness it is.

You are all such gentle folk, I'm not worried about being offended. I kinda want to see what sort of jokes you would make about me. :)

Its also something of a test of how closely you pay attention to each other's spam.

Okay but I'm sure you're aware that this will be general perception, you can see it here , certain items are linked to certain people , and it's kinda not fair to them but that passes here because it has total ambiguity and it's items not people, in your idea you're cutting the middle man and going right at the people and there person , you must understand that the chances for that to get messy are not something to tempt . It needs morr safe guards imo .

Anyway , you got a guess ?

Well, it wasn't Mark, eh?

Bexy.

for the imitation game,

I would say the safeguard is the host. You send your submission to the host and that person maybe looks at what you wrote and sends it back to you with a comment like, "this strikes me as being mean or cruel. Perhaps you could tone it down."

But I trust the people here to know what hurts and to stay away from those things. And if you are still worried about that aspect of it, you don't sign up.

Well, it wasn't Mark, eh?

Bexy.

for the imitation game,

I would say the safeguard is the host. You send your submission to the host and that person maybe looks at what you wrote and sends it back to you with a comment like, "this strikes me as being mean or cruel. Perhaps you could tone it down."

But I trust the people here to know what hurts and to stay away from those things. And if you are still worried about that aspect of it, you don't sign up.

Wrong.

Well, you host the first one then . I'll count on you , chickens are dependable. :p

Yes and no.

This is interesting I was just thinking about how funny it is that in this game people always guess me for make-up and beauty stuff or hot chocolate and sometimes books. It totally made me wonder if that's how you guys percieve me. Being into make-up and hot chocolate. And in a way this seems similar to me too. Because people'd put into these imitations their perception of the person. Like... I'm sure i'd get something like "so this and that was like so awesome, yada-yada... Sister... Yada yada... Lipstick... Hot chocolate... Starbucks... Yada-yada, *ten pages later* in any case, whatever fucking shit, blehh I hate school" :rofl:

I'll guess lady o

This is interesting I was just thinking about how funny it is that in this game people always guess me for make-up and beauty stuff or hot chocolate and sometimes books. It totally made me wonder if that's how you guys percieve me. Being into make-up and hot chocolate. And in a way this seems similar to me too. Because people'd put into these imitations their perception of the person. Like... I'm sure i'd get something like "so this and that was like so awesome, yada-yada... Sister... Yada yada... Lipstick... Hot chocolate... Starbucks... Yada-yada, *ten pages later* in any case, whatever fucking shit, blehh I hate school" :rofl:

I'll guess lady o

Exactly, I was actually thinking of you when I said it. Some people might not take it as well, you have a no fucks given attitude tho ;)

And wrong.

Okay clue: it's a she.

Archived