Quick question for people who believe Aegon=BF

Chebyshov

I believe Aegon is a red herring to hide the actual Blackfyre pretender.

Sadly, it's not really that hard to find a kid with Valyrian coloring in places like Lys. And Westeros--Aegon IV really got around.

Ok this is easier to believe, for me at least, than Blackfyre!Aegon, ngl. A bit like what the Lambert Simnel plot might have been in Tudor England, where they rose for a blatantly obvious fake (the real boy, Edward of Warwick, was alive and well, in the Tower, easily produced) but upon winning could have switched to a real heir.

Ok this is easier to believe, for me at least, than Blackfyre!Aegon, ngl. A bit like what the Lambert Simnel plot might have been in Tudor England, where they rose for a blatantly obvious fake (the real boy, Edward of Warwick, was alive and well, in the Tower, easily produced) but upon winning could have switched to a real heir.

I wasn't thinking of Varys and/or Illyrio hiding a Blackfyre behind Aegon. I was saying the author has set it up so people think Aegon is a fake so that everyone will be surprised when it turns out he's the real deal and someone else is the Blackfyre.

I wasn't thinking of Varys and/or Illyrio hiding a Blackfyre behind Aegon. I was saying the author has set it up so people think Aegon is a fake so that everyone will be surprised when it turns out he's the real deal and someone else is the Blackfyre.

Oh, I see, I misunderstood! Though I still think my misunderstanding works better than BF!Aegon. :)

Though perhaps I should not say so very loudly and dare defy forum gospel.

That said, do you have any idea of who the Blackfyre might be then?

I've noticed a lot of people point to Tyrion's estimation of his age being around 15-16 as evidence that Aegon is an impostor. I'm wondering if most BF theorists think that "Faegon Blackfyre" is actually younger than the true Aegon VI Targaryen by a couple of years?

If so, do you guys also believe that Faegon doesn't know who he is? Because to me, he seems to legitimately think that he's Rhaegar's son. Yet if that's what he thinks, then how does he not know his own age? Did they tell him he was 4 on his second birthday, and then he just went with it from there? Sorry, I know it's minor and nitpicky, but I just thought about based on another thread, but didn't want to derail the conversation there.

My oldest son is one of the youngest in his fourth-grade class. He just turned 9 three months ago. Another boy in his class will turn eleven before my son turns10. He's a lot bigger, like head and shoulders and more. And some of the other kids seem more mature. But they all play together and relate pretty well to one another. So I think it's possible, but two years would be the max. Three would be stretching it a little too much. Remember, Aegon seems to have been isolated from peers.

I've noticed a lot of people point to Tyrion's estimation of his age being around 15-16 as evidence that Aegon is an impostor. I'm wondering if most BF theorists think that "Faegon Blackfyre" is actually younger than the true Aegon VI Targaryen by a couple of years?

If so, do you guys also believe that Faegon doesn't know who he is? Because to me, he seems to legitimately think that he's Rhaegar's son. Yet if that's what he thinks, then how does he not know his own age? Did they tell him he was 4 on his second birthday, and then he just went with it from there? Sorry, I know it's minor and nitpicky, but I just thought about based on another thread, but didn't want to derail the conversation there.

Jon likely told him all this, don't need to lie is the first selling it believes it is true.

I don't really have a dog in the fAegon fight, but it never occurred to me that Tyrion misinterpreting Aegon's age could be hint that he actually is a Targ. IIRC (and I may be misremembering the exact words) Bran describes Jon in his first PoV as small, quick, and graceful, which could indicate that he is shorter than average for his age and could lead some to believe that Jon is younger than he actually is, paralleling Aegon's entrance into the series as his brother. This is just a stray thought, though, and has probably been mentioned before.

What a great insight! It is a perfect parallel to have Tyrion meet the two brothers who look nothing alike except they both look two years younger than they are. I think this is indeed a hint that Aegon is Rhaegar's son. Well done.

Archived