Amazon just emailed me a chance to buy the book! Is it in normal stores, too? :D

Yukle

Hooray! :D

I just got an email from Amazon, offering me a chance to pre-order the book, along with its gorgeous hard-cover design and beautiful illustrations, in time for its October 28 release! :D

That said, it will be available in normal book stores, won't it? I live in Australia, so it usually takes a couple of weeks for books to ship and I don't want to wait. :P

You can always call regular book stores close to you, and ask if they'll have a copy of the book available on 28th of October. You can even go as far, if they say yes, to ask to keep one aside for you. Especially with the bigger book stores you might have a good chance.

That's good to know. I wasn't sure if it'd make it to normal book stores; some publishers take their time bringing it out. :)

I've not pre-ordered a book since the Deathly Hallows, so this is exciting!

http://www.amazon.com.au/gp/aw/d/B00O0FY73C/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/375-8021771-1295040/

Only it says 20th November. (No harm really - if it doesn't ship on the 28th of October, you can order from a different site, one more to your convenience or simply from you local bookstore.)

I think this is dependent on where you live. The US still has it for October 28th, but I think the UK release date (and maybe other areas) is November 20th.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=the+world+of+ice+and+fire&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=3480289590&ref=pd_sl_8iu3lpsgd0_p

That's good to know. I wasn't sure if it'd make it to normal book stores; some publishers take their time bringing it out. :)

I've not pre-ordered a book since the Deathly Hallows, so this is exciting!

Yeah, just try. It might be that the smaller stores don't get it, but the bigger ones, I can't see why not? It's just a phone call, so you should have your answer within a day. And who knows, if they don't get the book, perhaps they can order it for you with an earlier delivery date? I'm not sure if that's possible.

Just try everywhere, and then, once you have all the info, choose the fastes route :)

Yeah, just try. It might be that the smaller stores don't get it, but the bigger ones, I can't see why not?

I went into a store and wasn't the first to ask. They said they'll be ordering in more than their initial amount. :D :D :D

I live a block away from Barnes & Noble (in the US). They will have it but it will cost $50. On Amazon I get the book plus two of the Dunk and Egg novellas for just $47 (free shipping).I'll have to wait about a week, but I think those two extra books are worth it(don't have them obviously).Anyway good luck and enjoy.

BTW: Hope you get the cool black cover. I don't think we can get that here.

Archived