What or who, is the stone dragon?.

Dark_Heart

In the beginning of the princess and the queen it says quote "bedridden King Viserys the I Targaryen closed his eyes for a nap in the Red Keep of Kings Landing, and died without waking."

Mi found this choice of words very curious, since George does not write a single word without intention or it being pretext, what he likes to call planting seeds, many times throughout the series we here of the stone dragon that is to wake.

In Brans third chapter in A Game Of Thrones he is in a dream with lord Brynden Rivers (Bloodraven) trying to teach him to fly, and it says- Quote "Finally he looked north. He saw the wall shining like blue crystal, and his bastard brother Jon sleeping alone in a cold bed, his skin growing pale and hard as the memory of all warmth fled from him."

Again George's choice of words, saying "sleeping" instead of dead. And reminding us of Jon being a bastard.

Also I couldn't help but wonder if Jon is really R+L=JS he would in fact be a dragon, and a bastard as well unless there was a secret marriage, but if not and he happened to be conceived in the Vale would that not make his bastard last name Stone? Fitting him perfectly for the prophecy of the Stone dragon that is to Wake. The textual evidence is there for those who look and personally I believe it is Jon. Especially since we all know what happened to him in his last chapter. Please let me know what you think in regards to the Stone dragon. The Vale is not that far from Harrenhall and may well have been where Rheagar took Lyanna to begin with making Jon a Stone and a bastard prince, not a snow...

Theories please let's here em!!!

Archived